i now drive an old geezer car

Have been driving an automatic since I got my 2014 Ram 3500. Love it.
Have a Smart four two that is also automatic that goes in the back of the toy hauler that is used for most trips.

since 1984 i have driven subies....4 w drive....standards....at 65 and retired....i dont need that much car....i ask my car dude to find me a cheap auto non 4 wheel drive....and he did.....a fucking hyundai sonata .....it does not have a back up camera....i was not sure how i would react to an auto....fucking love it...my left foot is so happy...i did have to get the windows tinted....even the sun roof got tinted....

i have been cutting back on driving for a while now...i nearly caused a major collision in boone....a young person with great reflexes saved the day....i realized i need to slow down and drive like an old geezer...i really need that back up camera..this turning ones neck is not so handy

My grandfather drove until he was 87—a 1985 Jeep pickup by then nearly thirty years old, with a rusted out bed, a five speed transmission and body builder stiff clutch, but it did have "light up" shift arrow in the dash. He was a caretaker for a local cemetery: he laid off graves and then filled them back in, mowed the grass, maintained a hand drawn plot map, etc. The day I introduced him to my fiancé, he shook her hand in his driveway, jumped into his Jeep, and then tore off in a spray of gravel, headed for a funeral service at his cemetery.

We tried to follow him on the winding, narrow country back roads of northern Baltimore County, in my brand new Jeep Wrangler, but even at nearly 60 MPH, he escaped us—leaving a trail of flattened stop signs and stray, splintered fenceposts in his wake. After that, we bought him a Buick "boat" with an automatic transmission, which he promptly drove into a fallen tree at eye level, nearly taking his head off.

That was the end of his driving career. Lucky for him, several of the "white haired ladies" in the area were more than happy to come pick him up each week, and take him back to their places for home cooked meals. He still had his 40's Massey Ferguson tractor though, so until we wised up and removed its battery, he still drove that thing around the back roads.

since 1984 i have driven subies....4 w drive....standards....at 65 and retired....i dont need that much car....i ask my car dude to find me a cheap auto non 4 wheel drive....and he did.....a fucking hyundai sonata .....it does not have a back up camera....i was not sure how i would react to an auto....fucking love it...my left foot is so happy...i did have to get the windows tinted....even the sun roof got tinted....

i have been cutting back on driving for a while now...i nearly caused a major collision in boone....a young person with great reflexes saved the day....i realized i need to slow down and drive like an old geezer...i really need that back up camera..this turning ones neck is not so handy

An automatic makes it easier for others to drive your vehicle.

Always had manuals. Then for my last truck 04 Ford Ranger I got an automatic to let others drive. Just bought a used replacement that is a manual and I am missing the automatic - so much easier.
Hard to find a new car with standard transmission these days
Especially trucks
Really? Go to the dealership. Ask.
Not even available in most trucks now. Only manual-shift full-size is a diesel Ram.

Forum List

Back