i now drive an old geezer car

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
since 1984 i have driven subies....4 w drive....standards....at 65 and retired....i dont need that much car....i ask my car dude to find me a cheap auto non 4 wheel drive....and he did.....a fucking hyundai sonata .....it does not have a back up camera....i was not sure how i would react to an auto....fucking love it...my left foot is so happy...i did have to get the windows tinted....even the sun roof got tinted....

i have been cutting back on driving for a while now...i nearly caused a major collision in boone....a young person with great reflexes saved the day....i realized i need to slow down and drive like an old geezer...i really need that back up camera..this turning ones neck is not so handy

`
One of the hardest things for people to do is to give up driving, be it for age or health. Up where I live, I belong to a group that volunteers to drive those whom for whatever reason, have stopped driving. In all cases, they have expressed the loss of the freedom driving represents. Good luck.

since 1984 i have driven subies....4 w drive....standards....at 65 and retired....i dont need that much car....i ask my car dude to find me a cheap auto non 4 wheel drive....and he did.....a fucking hyundai sonata .....it does not have a back up camera....i was not sure how i would react to an auto....fucking love it...my left foot is so happy...i did have to get the windows tinted....even the sun roof got tinted....

i have been cutting back on driving for a while now...i nearly caused a major collision in boone....a young person with great reflexes saved the day....i realized i need to slow down and drive like an old geezer...i really need that back up camera..this turning ones neck is not so handy

It looks good on you!

It looks good on you!

Mebelle.... :11_2_1043:

I got a new car for my 60th.

nextgenerationkit_10450983.jpg

Hyundia Sonata's are great cars that are fun to drive and very reliable. A lady friend of mine owns one and calls it her personal go-kart.

Enjoy your new ride!! .... :thup:

Last edited:

/——/ and you can park wherever you want... Thank you for your service

/——/ and you can park wherever you want... Thank you for your service

I can speed too. It's awesome.

An automatic makes it easier for others to drive your vehicle.

Always had manuals. Then for my last truck 04 Ford Ranger I got an automatic to let others drive. Just bought a used replacement that is a manual and I am missing the automatic - so much easier.

I gave up standards when I lived in DFW years ago. Being stuck in 'bumper to bumper' rush hour traffic is NO place to be driving a standard transmission vehicle. My main vehicle is a 4x4 pickup with auto trans.
Good luck getting that back-up cam.

What is a "subie"? Care to provide an English reference?

My old geezer ride...
20180316_172757.jpg
Will never go without 4X4. Has the camera, Hemi V8, tow package. Unreal traction in snow.

I look forward to driving in winter.

Always had manuals. Then for my last truck 04 Ford Ranger I got an automatic to let others drive. Just bought a used replacement that is a manual and I am missing the automatic - so much easier.
Hard to find a new car with standard transmission these days
Especially trucks

Hard to find a new car with standard transmission these days
Especially trucks
Really? Go to the dealership. Ask.

Forum List

Back