I notice that I am extreme

As much as you wish you could exist as a single entity without having to contribute to the society which you belong....you can't. Like it or not, you owe your current position in life to the work and labor of others. You have benefitted a great deal from the collective society we call the United States

Even if I do "owe it to others," that doesn't mean I owe it to the government. Extortionists always manage to invent some rationalization for their thievery.

I imagine you can always find some deserted outpost somewhere where you can exist on your own and not be beholden to anyone.

Good luck with that

Or I can just vote out all the scumbag thugs you are so fond of.

Now you are starting to understand what it means to be a member of a society. If you can find enough people to support your libertarian views you can change things to create the society you believe in

Until then.......you have to exist in our society

All you're saying is that I have to put with being robbed and looted until I can get rid of the criminals.

Now you are starting to understand what it means to be a member of a society. If you can find enough people to support your libertarian views you can change things to create the society you believe in

I like how you liberals say majority rule when you win and the rest of us have to suck it up and live with it, but when you don't, you force your views down the rest of our throats through a pure power grab. Case in point, Obamacare which was forced on an opposing public through pure power grab manipulation in congress. Your Democrats are a party of criminals, not a beloved popularly supported party as you falsely portray.

Even if I do "owe it to others," that doesn't mean I owe it to the government. Extortionists always manage to invent some rationalization for their thievery.

All you're saying is that I have to put with being robbed and looted until I can get rid of the criminals.

That's about how it works. The majority of our society believes nothing like you do. That is why we are a great society

I like how you liberals say majority rule when you win and the rest of us have to suck it up and live with it, but when you don't, you force your views down the rest of our throats through a pure power grab. Case in point, Obamacare which was forced on an opposing public through pure power grab manipulation in congress. Your Democrats are a party of criminals, not a beloved popularly supported party as you falsely portray.

Obamacare was a major part of Obamas platform before he got elected. In fact, what was ultimately enacted fell far short of what Obama had envisioned. Both Obama and Congress were lawfully elected to meet the needs of their constituents.

The way our society operates is that if you want to take away the health benefits provided by Obamacare, you can elect people who run on that premise

I prefer a limited federal government.
I prefer lower taxes.
I prefer the government leaving me (and you) the fuck alone.
I am an extremist.

this doesnt make you one, its the details that do. that is depending on your views, ya know?

The details rarely matter to most people who hurl the name "extremist" around. How many name callers do you know who take the time to delve into even the first level of someone's views before they start attaching negative labels?
To be fair, I called myself an extremist. :eusa_angel:

You'll find that the term "extreme" is a very broad term. Under the southern poverty law centers rules Ron Paul and every member of the tea party are extremists. It's the new "racism".

When a party is co-opted by Marxists/Communists? Can they intellectually proclaim the mantra of Democratic? Or is it just a facade to complete the tyranny?

this doesnt make you one, its the details that do. that is depending on your views, ya know?

The details rarely matter to most people who hurl the name "extremist" around. How many name callers do you know who take the time to delve into even the first level of someone's views before they start attaching negative labels?

But in response to someone else calling you one, right?

And I'm one too. ... even though I'm not.

No matter what Janet Napolitano has to say about it.

Obamacare was a major part of Obamas platform before he got elected. In fact, what was ultimately enacted fell far short of what Obama had envisioned. Both Obama and Congress were lawfully elected to meet the needs of their constituents.

The way our society operates is that if you want to take away the health benefits provided by Obamacare, you can elect people who run on that premise

I'm curious. If you can't be bothered to pay attention to how major legislation like Obamacare is enacted, why do you bother to post about it?

It was part of his platform but there was great backlash against it, or against how the Dems were trying to do it, to the point of Democrats losing Ted Kennedy's Senate seat.

So then the Congress resorted to a parliamentary gimmick because they knew they didn't have the votes to get it done if a vote were held in the expected way.

That was not a cool way to enact such a huge change. Did not bode well for the emotional state of the nation. Contributed to the overall PTSD we are now experiencing. Which is not good for health or economy.

You and every other citizen in this nation, yes.

Sucks doesnt it?

But in response to someone else calling you one, right?

And I'm one too. ... even though I'm not.

No matter what Janet Napolitano has to say about it.

Thee and me are extreme :lol:

It was part of his platform but there was great backlash against it, or against how the Dems were trying to do it, to the point of Democrats losing Ted Kennedy's Senate seat.

So then the Congress resorted to a parliamentary gimmick because they knew they didn't have the votes to get it done if a vote were held in the expected way.

That was not a cool way to enact such a huge change. Did not bode well for the emotional state of the nation. Contributed to the overall PTSD we are now experiencing. Which is not good for health or economy.

Endless filibuster is a parliamentary gimmick to prevent bills from coming for a vote. There were more than enough votes to pass Obamacare, the gimmick was to overcome the Republican filibuster gimmick

I'm curious. If you can't be bothered to pay attention to how major legislation like Obamacare is enacted, why do you bother to post about it?

Obamacare is the law of the land and was legally enacted. Until you can prove otherwise, the best you can do is find Republican candidates that will tell 35 million Americans that they want to take away their recently found healthcare

If Republicans feel so strongly......repeal it

That is the way the system works

Endless filibuster is a parliamentary gimmick to prevent bills from coming for a vote. There were more than enough votes to pass Obamacare, the gimmick was to overcome the Republican filibuster gimmick

Filibuster is fair. If Democrats can't convince 60 senators to vote for the deal, then they haven't made their case.

Didn't make the case to the legislators. Didn't make their case to the people the legislators represent.

And if they can't make the case on something that big, they should take that as a clue.

Electing Scott Brown in Massachusetts should have been a HUGE clue. Obama at one point said it was. Said he got it. He used to say that a lot, "I get it", and then always turned around and showed he didn't get it.

So, instead of really getting it, and really making the case, they went to gimmicks we don't learn about in civics class.

Legal and all that, but not good form, not with something so big that so many people in America were recoiling from.

And Democrats paid the price in 2010.

Time will tell whether they keep paying in 2012.

I believe that Republicans could go too far, and in some ways have already gone too far, and so maybe that will buffer the price that Democrats will have to pay.

But that won't make what the Democrats did to slide Obamacare in through the back door any more justifiable.

You and every other citizen in this nation, yes.

Sucks doesnt it?

Yes, but turds like Rightwinger are enthralled with that knowledge. They enjoy bending over.

Not really....but I do enjoy your whimpering because nobody else in our society subscribes to your bizarre frame of mind

Uh-huh. And I suppose that getting our kids killed in the Iraq invasion and occupation for no good reason wasn't forced down our throats?

I prefer a limited federal government.
I prefer lower taxes.
I prefer the government leaving me (and you) the fuck alone.
I am an extremist.

I'm sure then that you agree with me on these statements......

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as abortion.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal conversations between patients and doctors. If a patient doesn't want their doctor to ask about guns in the home they can simply not answer or change doctors.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as euthanaisia.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as recreational drug use.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as life and death decision like it did with Terri Schiavo's family.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as whether a woman (or man) chooses to sell their time and bodies for sexual services.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in spying on me and support repeal of the so-called Patriot Act.

Because anyone who cannot support the statements above cannot possibly be for "limited government".

Pretty much everything but your first statement.

From The Declaration of Independence,
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
At the point that an abortion occurs, all three of those unalienable rights have been removed. Obviously, the point that life begins is still hotly debated, I prefer to err on the side of caution.

If I follow that logic then abortion may not occur under any circumstances. And it also goes to the heart of the gubmint getting involved in patient/doctor decisions.

Seriously, I don't want you or anyone else, especially the gubmint injecting opinions or making laws that violate personal decisions. IF you find abortion a moral failing or sin (though the Bible doesn't even mention the word abortion) then by all means don't have one. But don't play God and try to force others to conform to your beliefs.

Forum List

Back