I notice that I am extreme

128906337426519772.jpg

Extremism in defense of liberty isn't as extreme as libs would have us believe.

Moderation in support of moderation is wishy washy.

All those who refuse to engage in and firmly believe in liberalism and group think will be punished.

Last edited:
I prefer a limited federal government.

As do I, but I want that applied to state and local governments as well, as they are far more likely to violate my civil rights than the Federal. I want the ‘Patriot Act’ repealed, warrantless surveillance stopped, due process respected, and equal access to the laws allowed. That’s limited government.

I prefer lower taxes.

I prefer taxes well-spent.

I prefer the government leaving me (and you) the fuck alone.

Again, as do I; but that’s an issue you’ll need to address with social conservatives.

Illegal immigrants should not get amnesty.

As long as they’re afforded due process, per the 14th Amendment.

Abortion should be so rare it is almost non-existent.

Provided privacy rights aren’t violated.

Heinous crimes should suffer the death penalty.

Where justified and in accordance with the 8th Amendment.

Government cannot tax the populace into prosperity.

Non-issue, no one ever said it did.

Extremism in defense of liberty isn't as extreme is libs would have us believe.

All those who refuse to engage in and firmly believe in liberalism and group think will be punished.

meh, it would be as bad for a Republican to try to completely change the tax code as it was for Obama to saddle us with his healthcare godzilla.

Too much change too fast is politically untenable and economically suicidal.

Call that wishy washy if you want. I call it realism.

Extremism in defense of liberty isn't as extreme is libs would have us believe.

meh, it would be as bad for a Republican to try to completely change the tax code as it was for Obama to saddle us with his healthcare godzilla.

I call that daffynition of "wishy washy" just plain silly.

Too much change? It isn't too much. It's urgently needed.

Too fast?

Wrong. Living with it at all is absurd. When something obviously doesn't work, why even bother trying to keep it?

FIX IT.

Your notion of "realism" accepts the unacceptable.

As an extreme example: abolitionists maintained, without equivocation, that slavery was flatly wrong and had to be eradicated.

Your notion of "too much change too fast" "realism" would have sought to temporize the abolitionist movement. It would maintain that, "sure, slavery is wrong, but we can't disrupt our society and the South's economic underpinnings by abolishing slavery in one fell swoop. Too much change too fast is unworkable!"

Now, I'll grant you, the evil of slavery isn't on the same moral plane as our abomination of a tax code. Slavery is much worse; a dramatic evil. But the principle that rejects your concern with "too much change too fast" is nevertheless still applicable to throwing out our moronic tax code.

Heinous crimes should suffer the death penalty.
I am an extremist.

I'm just laughing at how I - someone whom many conservatives would call a RINO - am called a rightwing nutjob by leftwingers on this site.

You guys to the right of me don't stand a chance with the ad hominem spewers.

True, I don't spew ad hominems.

To some extreme elements of the main ideologies, if you aren't as extreme as them, then you're an extreme nutjob from the competing ideology. :dunno:

I prefer lower taxes.
I am an extremist.

Yeah, I guess I am too. I do want my government to protect me from all enemies both foreign and domestic. That includes those who try to fleece me or oppress me or others who know no better.

But, who can protect us from the government fleecing and oppressing us? It used to be the constitution, until they quit following it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Yeah, I guess I am too. I do want my government to protect me from all enemies both foreign and domestic. That includes those who try to fleece me or oppress me or others who know no better.

You mean you want the government to protect you from your own stupidity. You're mostly an idiot. You just admitted it. Unless you're a useless tic, the only people fleecing you or oppressing you is the government.

I'm anti death penalty.

I want abortion to be safe, legal and rare.

I am pro-union for first responders.

I'm open minded about AGW.

I'm open minded about raising marginal tax rates if we can actually assure controlling spending.

I am open to comprehensive immigration reform including what some might call amnesty because I recognize the logistic problems of deporting 20 million people.

But I'm a rightwing nutjob.

You're about as "right-wing" as Pol Pot.

As do I, but I want that applied to state and local governments as well, as they are far more likely to violate my civil rights than the Federal. I want the ‘Patriot Act’ repealed, warrantless surveillance stopped, due process respected, and equal access to the laws allowed. That’s limited government.

I prefer lower taxes.

I prefer taxes well-spent.

In other words, you want higher taxes. There is no such thing as "taxes well spent."

Again, as do I; but that’s an issue you’ll need to address with social conservatives.

Yeah, right. Obama care and the EPA are good examples of leaving everyone alone.

As long as they’re afforded due process, per the 14th Amendment.

"Due process" means putting them on a bus to Mexico the minute we determine they are illegals.

Provided privacy rights aren’t violated.

In other words, you favor legal abortion.

Non-issue, no one ever said it did.

Libturds say it everyday right here in this forum. Obama and every Democrat in Congress says it every time they open their mouths.

Reagan did completely change the tax code, but it didn't take long before Congress began changing it back to the loophole ridden monstrosity we have today.

But, who can protect us from the government fleecing and oppressing us? It used to be the constitution, until they quit following it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Akin to the proverbial foxes standing watch in the henhouse...:eusa_whistle:

I prefer lower taxes.
I am an extremist.

I'm sure then that you agree with me on these statements......

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as abortion.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal conversations between patients and doctors. If a patient doesn't want their doctor to ask about guns in the home they can simply not answer or change doctors.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as euthanaisia.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as recreational drug use.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as life and death decision like it did with Terri Schiavo's family.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in personal decisions such as whether a woman (or man) chooses to sell their time and bodies for sexual services.

I don't want the gubmint involving itself in spying on me and support repeal of the so-called Patriot Act.

Because anyone who cannot support the statements above cannot possibly be for "limited government".

Last edited:
Extremists are as extremists do.

What we think is of little importance. What we do matters a great deal.

Reagan did completely change the tax code, but it didn't take long before Congress began changing it back to the loophole ridden monstrosity we have today.
In effect? The Democrats reneged on thier agreement. Typical.

I prefer lower taxes.
I am an extremist.

I don't think I should have to contribute to the society that I belong to
I want to be able to do whatever I feel like

I am an extremist

I prefer lower taxes.
I am an extremist.

I don't think I should have to contribute to the society that I belong to
I want to be able to do whatever I feel like

I am an extremist

Government is not society and taxes are not "contributions."

Why should I have to pay the government anything simply because I live within some arbitrary line the government has imposed? How does that fact that Richard Roe lives within the same border as John Doe entitle him to anything from John Doe?

I prefer lower taxes.
I am an extremist.

Have we redefined the word 'enemy' now?

As far as I am aware, one can only be 'fleeced' if one allows someone to fleece one. That's an individual choice, but if you need a nanny, feel free to employ one.

It's not the country's problem if you are an idiot.

Forum List

Back