I never want to hear any child say this

Sad, isn't it? We are doomed.

I don't think we're doomed.

If I could tell my story of ups and downs...life is/can be cyclical while we are on the topside of the third planet from the sun.

It's entirely possible the sponsor of the film wants us to feel/think we're doomed.

Heart wrenching...and I don't understand people like Luddy who want to portray conservatives as heartless people who would deny these families assistance. I think it is an intentional misrepresentation to serve a political agenda. What strikes me about the people in the video, including the children, is the pride they have, and a desire to make it on their own. They don't want to be in this position, but for the sake of their children, they will accept a helping hand with the intent to get back on their feet. Let's all hope that the economy improves, so that we don't foster a culture of more generational recipients who are trapped in the welfare state.

That's how my Dad grew up. Poor. Alcoholic Father, abusive Mother.

They actually had to live in a rented chicken coop for a year. My Uncle used to talk about how they didn't have anything to eat for dinner sometimes. But that didn't stop my Dad and his Brother and Sister from going to a University. His D.D.S. at USC cost the same as my B.S. from a University you prolly never heard of.

But those were different times. Govt wasn't HUGE. The Debt wasn't HUGE. The Dollar was worth more. America had Manufacturing Economy but now thanks to Free Not Fair Trade Agreements the US Government has sent all those jobs overseas never to return.

Did they ever ask our opinion? Did they EVER ask if it was ok to turn America from the Greatest Creditor Nation to the Greatest Debtor Nation? No one asked me.

See, America is Flat Broke that's why the Police State is being rushed into place. So when you finally realize how you've been duped it'll be too late. The Federalized Police and the US Military that you all worship, will be there to put the clamps on you.

Let me tell you people something. When the Economy collapses (and it will) the Government will declare an emergency and say that the only way out is to suspend the Constitution and declare Martial Law.

And about 50% of all Americans will cheer the destruction of the Republic. Just like they did in Boston. USA! USA! USA!

the question was put forth ...what happened to the cushion to help people in a crisis.

the answer is.... the money was spent on people who are not in crisis.

the girl says that the American dream is "to not have to worry about money"...... REALLY? where did she learn that lie?

Bad shit happens. Hopefully it will teach those children not to rely on government to take care of them cradle to the grave... and they will make better life choices.

An economic crash might be the only thing to save us and clarify our ligament needs from our wants..I bet a lot of these hunger people have yards full of useless lawns that could produce food of much higher quality than they purchase at stores..time for people to become as independent and resourceful as possible and not wait around for some corporation or government to do it for them

If I could tell my story of ups and downs...life is/can be cyclical while we are on the topside of the third planet from the sun.

It's entirely possible the sponsor of the film wants us to feel/think we're doomed.

Some people are lucky, some aren't. I give out lunches every week at the church and it's not what you think it is. There are chronic unemployed people out there. Heck, my son got a 2 year degree from DeVry with a 4.0 and still can't get a job. My niece graduated from the UW is a degree in Environmental Sciences and ended up still working at Bartell's. They sent her to pharmacology school and she's got a job in that now. More and more of the people we see at the church coming from those free lunches are older, college educated people who can't find jobs. Many of them take whatever part time or temp jobs they can get, but it's not enough. Not by a long shot. We are in the 2nd great depression though no one wants to admit it. When you are talking to a woman with a doctorate while she is getting a free lunch from you, something is desperately wrong.

An economic crash might be the only thing to save us and clarify our ligament needs from our wants..I bet a lot of these hunger people have yards full of useless lawns that could produce food of much higher quality than they purchase at stores..time for people to become as independent and resourceful as possible and not wait around for some corporation or government to do it for them

Weren't you listening? Most of those people were being foreclosed on. Many had to move back in with their parents. It's not just food, its all the other bills associated with living. Can you imagine asking your parents for help to pay the electric bill when you are 50 years old? We already have our economic crash. We aren't bouncing back. There are no jobs. What the heck is a jobless recovery anyway? How can there be a recovery with no jobs?

Some people are lucky, some aren't. I give out lunches every week at the church and it's not what you think it is. There are chronic unemployed people out there. Heck, my son got a 2 year degree from DeVry with a 4.0 and still can't get a job. My niece graduated from the UW is a degree in Environmental Sciences and ended up still working at Bartell's. They sent her to pharmacology school and she's got a job in that now. More and more of the people we see at the church coming from those free lunches are older, college educated people who can't find jobs. Many of them take whatever part time or temp jobs they can get, but it's not enough. Not by a long shot. We are in the 2nd great depression though no one wants to admit it. When you are talking to a woman with a doctorate while she is getting a free lunch from you, something is desperately wrong.

just wondering.... what kind of job was she expecting with an environmental science degree?

what we see at the food banks are also the scamers.... there are many levels of scamers, from the ones who can afford everything but what the hell its free... to the ones who take from the food bank and sell it on the street 5 minutes later.

Weren't you listening? Most of those people were being foreclosed on. Many had to move back in with their parents. It's not just food, its all the other bills associated with living. Can you imagine asking your parents for help to pay the electric bill when you are 50 years old? We already have our economic crash. We aren't bouncing back. There are no jobs. What the heck is a jobless recovery anyway? How can there be a recovery with no jobs?

yes... and all of those lovely dreamers who are going to be right there taking those jobs..... how many was it again who are get amnesty?

I personally would love to see the whole system come crashing down the way to have recovery without jobs is for people to create communities and life styles that are not dependent on jobs..we need a revolutionary change that will only come from the old system crashing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5woFxnekqo8]Cracker - Turn On Tune In Drop Out - YouTube[/ame]

the question was put forth ...what happened to the cushion to help people in a crisis.

the girl says that the American dream is "to not have to worry about money"...... REALLY? where did she learn that lie?

Bad shit happens. Hopefully it will teach those children not to rely on government to take care of them cradle to the grave... and they will make better life choices.

You know, my husband was laid off for three years. By luck we managed. It took me more than a year to get a job, the longest it has ever taken me in my life to get a job. Thankfully it was a good job with health insurance as shortly after I was hired, my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer.

You want to know how long I kept that job? 1 and 1/2 years. It was sent to India and my salary went down from starting at $9.35 an hour to less than $9.00 when they sent my job away and I was good at that job. Luckily for me, he was hired back at Boeing as shortly after that I was diagnosed with breast cancer. That was 7 years ago. We were LUCKY and we recognize that. Imagine if we had discovered the cancer when we weren't covered by insurance? We would have lost everything. The state wouldn't help us, we had too many assets. Oh sure, we could have sold our house, but were would we live that would cost us the same as our house payments and utilities or less? I did sell my 1969 mustang convertible during that time for a lousy $4,000. That's how desperate we were. We didn't qualify for food stamps but they were happy to tell us that we qualified for the food bank. Yep, danishes. We ate more danishes during that 3 years than I have in the rest of my life put together, and I'm 56 years old now. Small wonder my husband now has diabetes. But hey, at least we didn't go hungry, right?

At this point I'm going to put in a plug, if you donate to your local food bank, please donate vegetables, canned, fresh, whatever, and meat. The last thing they need is Ramen noodles, pasta, and bread.

You know, my husband was laid off for three years. By luck we managed. It took me more than a year to get a job, the longest it has ever taken me in my life to get a job. Thankfully it was a good job with health insurance as shortly after I was hired, my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer.

You want to know how long I kept that job? 1 and 1/2 years. It was sent to India and my salary went down from starting at $9.35 an hour to less than $9.00 when they sent my job away and I was good at that job. Luckily for me, he was hired back at Boeing as shortly after that I was diagnosed with breast cancer. That was 7 years ago. We were LUCKY and we recognize that. Imagine if we had discovered the cancer when we weren't covered by insurance? We would have lost everything. The state wouldn't help us, we had too many assets. Oh sure, we could have sold our house, but were would we live that would cost us the same as our house payments and utilities or less? I did sell my 1969 mustang convertible during that time for a lousy $4,000. That's how desperate we were. We didn't qualify for food stamps but they were happy to tell us that we qualified for the food bank. Yep, danishes. We ate more danishes during that 3 years than I have in the rest of my life put together, and I'm 56 years old now. Small wonder my husband now has diabetes. But hey, at least we didn't go hungry, right?

At this point I'm going to put in a plug, if you donate to your local food bank, please donate vegetables, canned, fresh, whatever, and meat. The last thing they need is Ramen noodles, pasta, and bread.

Boeing ..great ..a company that makes profits selling weapons of war so people can bomb the hell out of other countries and starve their children
Boeing Wins Foreign Military Sales Contracts Worth $132 Million

Boeing Wins Foreign Military Sales Contracts Worth $132 Million (BA)

Forum List

Back