I need some serious advice!

amanda, i think you could be letting what man has determined as not being cold blooded murder that makes you think this way instead of God's word.

i had learned in a Bible study that An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.....a life for a life, was God's way of CURBING the Jews from OVER PUNISHING the guilty, as they were doing...

A life should ONLY be taken from the criminal, when he has taken a life....or was in the process of taking a life, thus in self defense you kill him, other wise....it is murder....setting aside war or just war.

MEN, or MAN have tried to change this, to meet their needs and their own rules, but those are not God's in my humble opinion.

So, if someone has broken in to your house to rob you, and has not tried to kill you, or is not armed or threatening you with your life, it would be murder for you to kill him, under God's rules, and those circumstances....REGARDLESS of whether the laws of your state permits you to do such...again, imo.

Our God is a merciful, forgiving and JUST God....this was the lesson of an eye for an eye....not an evil, mean, overbearing, over punishing God, but a just one.....

please ask your youth minister about this, i'd love to hear what he/she says!

I understand where you're coming from, really I do. I would not want to do it. But I would face whatever punishment the state or God had for me. I wouldn't hesitate for a second. I don't think I would even consciously decide to do it, it would just be done.

You point the gun at the asshole's head and say "dont move" while you call the police.

And if they move, you make a fucking canoe out of the their head.

I've got a .45 semi auto pistol in the drawer right next to the bed. If you break into my house and I catch you, you better ass and elbows trying to get out, or yes, I will shoot you.

In a condo, I'd say the Pepper Spray or Mace to slow them down, and then a Tazer to keep their ass down while you call the law. Bullets do go through walls. You don't want to shoot an innocent person, especially a child.

Again, your post is approx. 2 lines, and your sig is approx. the size of an 8x10. I don't know you from Adam, so how could I object to you personally? I don't often read sig lines of people I don't know from Adam, so how could I object to the wording?

Then I suggest that the next time you pop off with something like "I'm merely pointing out to her that I find her overbearing, and obnoxious." to expect that people will call you out for making it personal.

And I was referring to the SIZE of the wording/signature/photos. Like I said, "So it's my whole sig size to which you object, even the wording? Or is it the Obama picture's size?"

It's hard to miss the photograph sitting atop another image, however. If you don't know how to shrink them down, I'd be happy to talk you through it, or even shrink it myself.

By the way, just to give you a visual. I have a 22" flat screen monitor, and your signature alone takes up the entire screen without allowing me to see another post until I scroll through it.

And I have a 17" flatscreen monitor, and although the Obama picture is large, on my screen it only takes up <5" width of mine.

If you have a technical objection to someone's post say so. The whole Miranda in Prada 'tude is an unimpressive waste of everyone's time and gets nothing resolved.

Again, your post is approx. 2 lines, and your sig is approx. the size of an 8x10. I don't know you from Adam, so how could I object to you personally? I don't often read sig lines of people I don't know from Adam, so how could I object to the wording?

Then I suggest that the next time you pop off with something like "I'm merely pointing out to her that I find her overbearing, and obnoxious." to expect that people will call you out for making it personal.

And I was referring to the SIZE of the wording/signature/photos. Like I said, "So it's my whole sig size to which you object, even the wording? Or is it the Obama picture's size?"

It's hard to miss the photograph sitting atop another image, however. If you don't know how to shrink them down, I'd be happy to talk you through it, or even shrink it myself.

By the way, just to give you a visual. I have a 22" flat screen monitor, and your signature alone takes up the entire screen without allowing me to see another post until I scroll through it.

And I have a 17" flatscreen monitor, and although the Obama picture is large, on my screen it only takes up <5" width of mine.

If you have a technical objection to someone's post say so. The whole Miranda in Prada 'tude is an unimpressive waste of everyone's time and gets nothing resolved.

Technical objection? Here's your technical objection. Your fucking signature is too god damned large to be stuck in every god damned post you make.

How's that?

5" of width, plus what.. 9" of height with whatever the other thing in your sig is, plus some text? And you don't think that's a tad overbearing and obnoxious?

But I'm not putting you down for your position. If you don't think you would shoot then you'd be better off without a gun cos it would just get taken away from you and used against you. I just don't understand why you would hesitate. Heck, if you or your child was being attacked I'd defend it the same as I would my own.

IMO.

That's more or less why I said I think a taser would be more effective than a gun. No need to stop and consider that you might wrongfully kill someone before pulling the trigger.

You point the gun at the asshole's head and say "dont move" while you call the police.

That would be the right thing to do. And the most sensible. Still, I'd rather have a taser than a gun. I'd like to have the ability, as a last resort, to disable someone without causing permanent injury or death.

In a condo, I'd say the Pepper Spray or Mace to slow them down, and then a Tazer to keep their ass down while you call the law. Bullets do go through walls. You don't want to shoot an innocent person, especially a child.
Sounds like good advice.

That would be the right thing to do. And the most sensible. Still, I'd rather have a taser than a gun. I'd like to have the ability, as a last resort, to disable someone without causing permanent injury or death.

ok dammit---send me back the .44 mag and I'll get you a taser instead.

amanda, i think you could be letting what man has determined as not being cold blooded murder that makes you think this way instead of God's word.

i had learned in a Bible study that An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.....a life for a life, was God's way of CURBING the Jews from OVER PUNISHING the guilty, as they were doing...

A life should ONLY be taken from the criminal, when he has taken a life....or was in the process of taking a life, thus in self defense you kill him, other wise....it is murder....setting aside war or just war.

MEN, or MAN have tried to change this, to meet their needs and their own rules, but those are not God's in my humble opinion.

So, if someone has broken in to your house to rob you, and has not tried to kill you, or is not armed or threatening you with your life, it would be murder for you to kill him, under God's rules, and those circumstances....REGARDLESS of whether the laws of your state permits you to do such...again, imo.

Our God is a merciful, forgiving and JUST God....this was the lesson of an eye for an eye....not an evil, mean, overbearing, over punishing God, but a just one.....

please ask your youth minister about this, i'd love to hear what he/she says!

I understand where you're coming from, really I do. I would not want to do it. But I would face whatever punishment the state or God had for me. I wouldn't hesitate for a second. I don't think I would even consciously decide to do it, it would just be done.

Well the incidences that yu gave, where you felt like he was getting ready to attack you, you would not hesitate....and that would be what you would need to do, especially if you had a gun, because you wouldn't want him to get it from you....

I am not arguing with that....

but if you catch someone going through the drawers in your living room, would you just blow him away for being there?

The pain you end up feeling, after killing someone, even if you know it is the enemy, like the troops or to protect oneself like a homeowner with an intruder, is pain you will live with the rest of your life....

my parents killed a man in a car accident, it was his fault, he was drunk and on a scooter and turned in front of my parents....we lived in Italy at the time...the man lived for a week then died, my parents visited him and his family every day at the hospital until he died....

it's been over 35 years and my parents still mourn killing him....even though it was not their fault....

Men come home from war scarred for life....from having to kill another human being and seeing human beings being killed....this is not all of them but some of them, and i think it would be a normal state, for most, if they allowed themselves to think about it....

It's a sad thing....no matter who is being killed imho....

Care

Technical objection? Here's your technical objection. Your fucking signature is too god damned large to be stuck in every god damned post you make.

How's that?

5" of width, plus what.. 9" of height with whatever the other thing in your sig is, plus some text? And you don't think that's a tad overbearing and obnoxious?

Not nearly as obnoxious as what comes out of your suck, honey.

:cuckoo:

OohRah Mama

Your signature is a bit much.

Would you consider cutting it down?

Thank You

Why certainly, as soon as I figure out how to resize them on Photobucket, I shall.

And thank you for your common courtesy. Your mannerly request puts others to shame, if only they had the decency to realize it.

:lol:

How's that?

Just doing you the favor of dumbing it down into something an inconsiderate blowhard such as yourself can understand, since you were obviously too stupid to get it the first time, and in fact, had to actually question what the problem was...

How's that?

I don't find Dis nearly as obnoxious as your signature.

Damn. I forgot to care.

Bless y'all's peapickin' little hearts.
It's not like I independently decided to insult you. You and Dis were having a disagreement, and because this is a public forum, I decided to chime in. And I do think that your sig is obnoxious, and I do think that you care.

Yeah, I have to agree with Dis on this, too. I voted for him, but your signature is excessive. It's not political, it's that it requires other people to work around you.

Guys, I'm trying, I really am LOL. I'm trying to resize them on Photobucket, but am experiencing epicfail.

If nothing else, I'll try deleting then finding them again and reloading. Might that work?

I'll take the big'un off while I'm trying...

I second the tazer.

Depends on what you're comfortable with. I have firearms. I know I will use them. If I thought for a second I wouldn't, I certainly don't suggest providing another weapon for the intruder(s).

A firearm will however, provide the greatest degree of protection. Most other weapons suggested require arm's distance and some physical skill in employing them. I keep hearing "get a dog", but really, a dog is as good for as long it takes to take one out.

Forum List

Back