I need Sarah's help skinning a deer.

o hell that is just funny but i agree with editec ....if the meat isnt done right it will spoil it

we were all very drunk and suddenly skinning the deer on the counter seemed easier than stringing it...very very very drunk..but in all fairness we had the tools and know how to do it..did i mention we were real drunk...shit we didnt have the sense to leave it alone.....o and we were making sausage...so that may have been why we could do it on the counter...

Lol. I pmmed you..but I have to share.

I've boned a deer in the tub before. And fast, too.

psst..it wasn't exactly legal. But in all fairness, it ran into my car. I wasn't about to leave it there.

we have done a deer without hanging but its a mess...we had a stainless steel counter and all to work on.....why did they give you the deer to begin with....

The deer came from people that have hunting parties. These are people my daughter knows. There are always a couple guys who just hunt for pleasure and give the deer away. We have a two hundred pound dog and he normally eats a pound or more of meat each day. So I asked for a couple of the deer to offset grocery cost this winter and so I can afford to keep my dog fed this winter. Sometimes in the spring we have gotten calf's that did not survive the pulling process (bad for the neighbors but good luck for the dog. He eats well when that happens).

Deer is skinned and hubby got here. He cut the main portions to a manageble size for me. We now have a lot of deer burger and some fairly nice loin cuts. I am still workin at it. Takinga break for the moment.

Shit--I thought you were gonna use YOUR counter ? I don't want you all drunk and messnig shit up over here. I mean hell--the butcher will skin, grind,steak, and wrap it all for $70 bucks. :lol:

The butcher will cut through the bone and drag marrow through your meat, making it taste like shit.

They also may or may not give you the meat you provided them with.

The deer came from people that have hunting parties. These are people my daughter knows. There are always a couple guys who just hunt for pleasure and give the deer away. We have a two hundred pound dog and he normally eats a pound or more of meat each day. So I asked for a couple of the deer to offset grocery cost this winter and so I can afford to keep my dog fed this winter. Sometimes in the spring we have gotten calf's that did not survive the pulling process (bad for the neighbors but good luck for the dog. He eats well when that happens).

Deer is skinned and hubby got here. He cut the main portions to a manageble size for me. We now have a lot of deer burger and some fairly nice loin cuts. I am still workin at it. Takinga break for the moment.

Honey, "loin" in venison is backstrap.

Honey, "loin" in venison is backstrap.
I'll let everyone know if it's worth eating this evening....:lol:

I've never been much on deer meat. My uncle used to bring elk meat once in awhile. Elk was good.

I'll let everyone know if it's worth eating this evening....:lol:

I've never been much on deer meat. My uncle used to bring elk meat once in awhile. Elk was good.

I don't hold out much hope if it's been laying around in it's hide, and not hanging. The blood will have pooled and the hide will make it taste rank.

But you never know. Trim off every bit of white you can, cut the loin fairly thin, pound it, flour it with salt, pepper and a little garlic, and fry it in bacon grease if you can. Kinda slowly, for quite a while, make sure it's done.

Good eating.

way to see the bright side of things, allie.

It's not bright or dark. It's the truth. They weigh and process your meat, and then they provide you with that much meat..but it doesn't have to be the same meat you bring in.

Forum List

Back