I need help!

thaks guys, you are so helpful. I called my brother and he got it out with a razor blade, luckly he lives close by.
I wonder if I am suppose to get tetnus shot, last one I had was six years ago?

Its out? I was just getting my medevac chopper warmed up and was on my way.

Damn, and I already started the haz-mat team in route. Jugs! Cancel that response!

thaks guys, you are so helpful. I called my brother and he got it out with a razor blade, luckly he lives close by.

Usually good for 10 years

I need help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting a piece of glass out of my foot.

I'll be there in about 20 minutes. Put the coffee pot on and a bring a big pan of water to a slow boil.

Health-care providers using Td for wound management should follow recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices for wound management (3). All wound patients should receive Td if they have received <3 tetanus-containing vaccines or if vaccination history is uncertain. These patients also should receive tetanus immune globulin for wounds that are contaminated with dirt, feces, soil or saliva, puncture wounds, and avulsions and wounds resulting from missiles, crushing, burns or frostbite (3). For persons with >3 doses of tetanus toxoid-containing vaccine and severe or contaminated wounds, Td should be given only if >5 years have passed since the last dose of tetanus-containing vaccine. For clean and minor wounds, Td should be given only if the patient has not received a tetanus-containing vaccine during the preceding 10 years. Health-care providers should inquire from patients presenting for wound management about the timing of their last tetanus-containing vaccine to avoid unnecessary vaccination.
Notice to Readers: Deferral of Routine Booster Doses of Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids for Adolescents and Adults

Wash it with soap and water until you think it's clean. Then do that again. When you think you've washed it with soap and water the same amount, start again.

Tetanus vaccines last 10 years. But, call your internist anyway to make sure that's when you last had the vaccine.
oh! I know I got six years ago, I pinched my finger between a post bounder and a post and had to get five stitches in my finger. I have had many tetnus shots in my life, I am what you would call accident prone.

I once got a splinter in my foot....OK, OK. maybe not a foot, but it's a good eight inches.

Wash it with soap and water until you think it's clean. Then do that again. When you think you've washed it with soap and water the same amount, start again.

Tetanus vaccines last 10 years. But, call your internist anyway to make sure that's when you last had the vaccine.
oh! I know I got six years ago, I pinched my finger between a post bounder and a post and had to get five stitches in my finger. I have had many tetnus shots in my life, I am what you would call accident prone.

No worries-- I know a few Docs that claim tetanus shots last forever and don't need to be repeated at all.

I could win a klutz-off against anyone.

Yes tetanus every 5 years.......What my Doctor told me last year......

Good lord.

I would have used a needle and tweezers.

Tetanus shots are good. I doubt if you need one, unless the blade was dirty.

Oh, and you have to decide within 72 hours of being infected. So hurry up and decide.

Something happened to my brother once...I don't remember, I think he stepped on a nail. My mom is a nurse, and he refused to go get a tetanus.

So she got one (yes it's illegal but it's her son, cut her a little slack) sneaked it home, terrified because she has never done anything like that..I think the director of nurses was in on it.

She waited until he was sleeping on his stomach on the couch, pulled his pants down and stuck him (he was an adult man, 21 years old or so).

MAN he was pissed! It was flipping hilarious.

PS he did NOT get lockjaw, and many times over the years we have considered the wisdom of preventing it.

Forum List

Back