I need help!

as the stain glass person....how big a piece and where is it stuck...most likey its shard you cant really see but can really feel? right?

Splinters Treatment
Self-Care at Home

How to remove a splinter

* Using a pair of tweezers, grab the protruding end of the splinter and pull it out along the direction it entered. Wash the area with soap and water.

* At times, splinters may be fully embedded in the skin. Use a small needle cleaned in alcohol. Also, clean the skin with an antiseptic (examples are Betadine or alcohol). Use the needle to gently and partially dislodge the splinter, which may then be removed fully with tweezers. Wash the area with soap and water.

* Soak the area in warm water with a tablespoon of baking soda added. Do this twice a day. The splinter may work its way out after a few days.

* If a splinter appears to be too deep to attempt removal at home, see your doctor. If you have only been able to remove a portion of the splinter and foreign material remains embedded in the skin, the doctor should be able to remove the rest.

Medical Treatment

The best treatment for a splinter is to remove it.

* Deep splinters may require the physician to make an incision with a scalpel in order to remove the splinter. The doctor, however, numbs the area first.

* The doctor attempts to remove all fragments of the foreign body and cleans the area as best as possible.

* If the splinter is underneath the fingernail, the physician may have to remove a portion of your fingernail to allow removal of the entire splinter.

* If you have an infection, the doctor will clean the area and explore the infected area to remove the splinter.

* If signs of inflammation are present, the doctor will either explore the area or just remove the inflamed area with a scalpel. This ensures removal of the splinter.

* The doctor may prescribe antibiotics.

* If the doctor feels that your wound is too large to leave open, he or she may use one of several methods (such as stitches) to close it. If your wound is infected, the doctor probably won't close it.

* Depending on whether your vaccinations are current, you may require a tetanus shot.
Splinters Treatment: First Aid Information for Splinters

Try hydrogen peroxide too...in place of the baking soda to flush it out. Once you get it out (use a magnifying glass and clean tweezers) keep it clean and let it heal.

I would be able to remove it using an 18G needle attached to a syringe and use the cutting edge of the bevel as sort of a scapel.

However, my arms aren't long enough to reach you.

Try soaking it and use a sterilized needle to unroof the entrance tunnel. But, you might need to seek professional assistance.

I would be able to remove it using an 18G needle attached to a syringe and use the cutting edge of the bevel as sort of a scapel.

Try soaking it and use a sterilized needle to unroof the entrance tunnel. But, you might need to seek professional assistance.

I'm not sure I like it when Dr. xotoxi gets all serious in his posts...

Leave it to xotoxi to talk about a woman's 'entrance tunnel'.

thaks guys, you are so helpful. I called my brother and he got it out with a razor blade, luckly he lives close by.
I wonder if I am suppose to get tetnus shot, last one I had was six years ago?

It ended up being a piece of metal or something, have no clue what it was doing in my room.

thaks guys, you are so helpful. I called my brother and he got it out with a razor blade, luckly he lives close by.

Its out? I was just getting my medevac chopper warmed up and was on my way.

It ended up being a piece of metal or something, have no clue what it was doing in my room.

I think this thread should be moved to the Conspiracy Theories forum.

I bet it was very purposely placed in your room by a rogue element.

Wash it with soap and water until you think it's clean. Then do that again. When you think you've washed it with soap and water the same amount, start again.

Tetanus vaccines last 10 years. But, call your internist anyway to make sure that's when you last had the vaccine.

Leave it to xotoxi to talk about a woman's 'entrance tunnel'.

Leave it to you to notice...... :lol:
(Green with envy, must not allow xsited1 to upstage me. The finger press might work!)

Forum List

Back