I need Help

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
My USB ports seem to have stopped functioning. Can someone tell me why this happens and hopefully how to fix it?

Shut down normally, Unplug the machine from the wall or power strip so no juice going to it, wait 5 mins, plug back in...

I've had it happen a few times and this tends to reset it all...

Shut down normally, Unplug the machine from the wall or power strip so no juice going to it, wait 5 mins, plug back in...

I've had it happen a few times and this tends to reset it all...

:lol::lol: I'll see ya in about 5 minutes or so.. Thank you.

My puter wasn't getting juice last night....then inexplicably it did start to charge...and then my monitor went white and streaky.

It's like it blew up.

So I turned it off...and on...and off...and finally off for the night. I tried it this morning and it came up...for a while...then went white and streaky again.

At lunch it held steady......but it is the end for my dear hp laptop, I fear.

"I need Help"

Must
not
tell
joke

good lord

it's *arg*
to *gasp*
easy *choke*
AAAARRRRRGGGGGHGHHHHH

Tell us somthing we DIDN'T know!!!!!!!

*whew*

I feel much better now.

Yeah, unplugging tends to work to re-set things.

Sometimes what happens is the software that allows communication between the hardware becomes "hung", meaning that something happened the software didn't like.

This software is called "The driver". Resetting it is usually the best solution. It "clears it's brain" so to speak. Dr. House's solution was spot on.

Sometimes what happens is the software that allows communication between the hardware becomes "hung", meaning that something happened the software didn't like.

This software is called "The driver". Resetting it is usually the best solution. It "clears it's brain" so to speak. Dr. House's solution was spot on.
Yep. Sometimes the computer "forgets" what those peripherals even are!

My USB ports seem to have stopped functioning. Can someone tell me why this happens and hopefully how to fix it?

Did you try sticking a black plug in it? Sometimes they're just too big and can cause irreparable damage.

:confused:

I didn't stick anything into it except the camera, and the majic jack. oh well, turning off the juice didn't correct it so my husband will take her to the shop while I'm in California.

the majic jack.
Well, there's your problem.

By far one of the worst things you can buy. It's nothing other than malware, spyware and adware that also happens to let you (maybe) use your internet connection to make phone calls. This is all laid out in the EULA (End User License Agreement) and there is NO uninstall tool for it like on most other legitimate software.

What a great scam though, they have you and millions like you paying them every month, for the privilege of getting spied on and having adverts targeted to you.

You have to go through your registry, line by line, to get rid of this stupid shit, because as pointed out, there is no uninstall.

The piece of shit also, probably shorted out your 5 volt system in the power supply. This would make your USB cease to function completely.

the majic jack.

By far one of the worst things you can buy. It's nothing other than malware, spyware and adware that also happens to let you (maybe) use your internet connection to make phone calls. This is all laid out in the EULA (End User License Agreement) and there is NO uninstall tool for it like on most other legitimate software.

What a great scam though, they have you and millions like you paying them every month, for the privilege of getting spied on and having adverts targeted to you.

You have to go through your registry, line by line, to get rid of this stupid shit, because as pointed out, there is no uninstall.

The piece of shit also, probably shorted out your 5 volt system in the power supply. This would make your USB cease to function completely.

Sigh.. sounds about right. up until today it's been flawless, (for about 3 years) .

the majic jack.

Sigh.. sounds about right. up until today it's been flawless, (for about 3 years) .
Flawless except you can only make calls within their network, when it works. Flawless except for the adware and spyware.

But it is almost a flawless scam.

So yesterday, the 'check engine' light goes on in my car. I opened the hood and, yes, the engine was still there. I took it to the dealership where I bought the car and they said it would cost me $120 to just tell me what the problem was and probably another $1000 if they found out I needed a new catalytic converter or something.

I took the car home, disconnected the battery cables and reconnected them, which reset the computer....no more problem...chuckle

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back