I need help with a certain type of racism from a TV show in 1976

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
The black guy George Jefferson was invited to join a all white club and when he met George's Friend tom, he invited him too. When the president of the white club saw tom had a black wife he withdrew his invitation

so why was it ok for George to join but not Tom's black wife?

Me not understand

Well some people are only racist with the idea of the two races intermingling in relationships. They view Black people as separate but equal.

The black guy George Jefferson was invited to join a all white club and when he met George's Friend tom, he invited him too. When the president of the white club saw tom had a black wife he withdrew his invitation

Me not understand

then, like now, only white people are portrayed as racists

get it now?

Me not understand

then, like now, only white people are portrayed as racists

get it now?

why was the man ok with black george joining the club but not Tom's black wife??

Me not understand
You can't even understand some dumb shit on TV. You're in trouble buddy.

Me not understand

Can u help me. Why was the white willing to let george in but not white Tom and his black wife?

Me not understand

Can u help me. Why was the white willing to let george in but not white Tom and his black wife?
So a noob like you wouldn't be able to figure it out.

Me not understand

Because he is viewed as a race traitor. My dad's family except for my grandmother hate that my wife is half black.

Me not understand

You a stupid mutherfucker

Me not understand

So what you doing watching The Jeffersons anyway? You looking for George to give you some racist tips?

Last edited:
Interracial marriage was outlawed in some states. It had to do with introducing black blood into the white race.

Which had been going on from day one, many a plantation owner was tappin the better looking slaves.

Me not understand

So what you doing watching The Jeffersons anyway? You looking for George to give you some racist tips?

That george jefferson is something else

I bet he's your hero. And you're just as racist.

I bet he's your hero. And you're just as racist.

He wasn't racist which proves you never watched the show

Forum List

Back