i need friends

I did not say that I believe the land and goods should belong to only Muslims. I believe they should be shared peacefully.

"just issue orders to kill every jew in the country."

I believe this was taken greatly out of context. It was not even Mohammed stating this but Heraclius (a Christian leader) who had a dream that the leaders of the people who practiced circumcision would conquer them. So Heraclius issued the order to kill all Jews. Only later does he find out that Muslims also practice circumcision.

The sub narrator adds, "Ibn An-Natur was the Governor of llya' (Jerusalem) and Heraclius was the head of the Christians of Sham. Ibn An-Natur narrates that once while Heraclius was visiting ilya' (Jerusalem), he got up in the morning with a sad mood. Some of his priests asked him why he was in that mood? Heraclius was a foreteller and an astrologer. He replied, 'At night when I looked at the stars, I saw that the leader of those who practice circumcision had appeared (become the conqueror). Who are they who practice circumcision?' The people replied, 'Except the Jews nobody practices circumcision, so you should not be afraid of them (Jews).

'Just Issue orders to kill every Jew present in the country.'

While they were discussing it, a messenger sent by the king of Ghassan to convey the news of Allah's Apostle to Heraclius was brought in. Having heard the news, he (Heraclius) ordered the people to go and see whether the messenger of Ghassan was circumcised. The people, after seeing him, told Heraclius that he was circumcised. Heraclius then asked him about the Arabs. The messenger replied, 'Arabs also practice circumcision

The only hadiths I really read are from Bukhari and Muslim. The other ones are weak and is hard to know if they are true or not. I would suggest to anyone studying Islam to read the Quran first. Then read Bukhari and then Muslim. Once you feel you have a good understanding of these 3 books then you can look at the weaker hadiths and if these hadiths contradict anything that is stated in the Quran or in Bukhari and Muslim then they cannot be trusted.
With this in mind some may question the authenticity of Islam. We believe the Quran is the one and only True Word of God. Nothing is contradictory in this holy book. We also believe that following the example of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is the best to follow. One must remember though that we only can rely on man to write down these stories and therefore there is some imperfection. If any of the hadiths seem to contradict the Quran then they are not trusted.
Because of you taking out of context that verse I mentioned above leaves me to believe you are not really reading into Islam but only searching for the bad. I know reading one sentence in the bible "take eat for this is my body" I would believe all Christians were cannibals, but only till I read the entire text do I know that this is a symbolic statement.
If you really care about leading Muslims to the light I would suggest becoming truely knowledgeable in their books because when you take one thing out of context you loose all credibility.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Honorable try Stephanie. You seem to forget that the same agreement that allowed for the formation of Israel also allowed for the formation of a Palestinian state. Your "brother" and "sisters" were just too greedy and they wanted it all. What does the Quaran say about greed? I am not it cannot be looked favorably upon.

If you were such a peace loving religion, your brothers and sisters would have chosen to live side by side with Jewish state instead of declaring war.

The actions of Islam belie the words you write. Until you stop being hypocritical, nobody is going to listen.

Moreover, frankly, using the KKK as an example is stupid. The Christian community has, for the most part, reigned in the pointy-heads and when they do arise, we speak out against them quickly and strongly.

I would like to hear from somebody within the Muslim community other than one or two people on a message board.

If you are sincere, then you need to start taking a close look at your own religion first. It is hard to fathom how one can continue to say that their religion is peaceful when all one sees is people of that religion killing in the name of THEIR god while the others within that religion say nothing or even support them.

I would not want to belong to such a religion and if you truly were a Christian (in practice, not just in words) 2 short years ago, (actually, whether you were or not - the advice is the same) you better repent NOW before you find yourself and your antichrist supporters burning in the Lake of FIRE!

JMHO!

Wise man indeed...:D But damnit pass the pipe:) Islam is a hatefull, murderous, decietfull religeon that needs to be exposed for what it is period.....:ali:

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
One can take quotes from the BIble out of context

If you cannot define context, dictate the context of the koran, and then point out how these verses were taken out of context, I suggest you not post on the subject.

which are equally as inflamatory in their rhetoric as the ones cptpwitchita took from the Koran. What most people fail to realize is that Christianity and Islam share a common lineage with Judaism...

Correct. One God, one reality, one faith. MAny humans, many sinners, many idols.

That is as related as they get. If you don't have a relationship with Christ, you are trying to prove something you know nothing about.

But everbody is too busy fighting over who's right to realize this. Everybody is claiming that their pipeline to God is the only one, and this is the great flaw of these, and other religious traditions.

Religions yes. -A relationship with Christ, though, is NOT a religion. In addition, being right is all that matters when your King dictates law, and all the subjects try to ignore. Punishment WILL ensue, and the "leaders" in charge of the revolt WHO ARE MISLEADING THE MASSES are going to be treated harchly.

Which way would yo view YOURSELF in that equation, all knowing one?

Originally posted by skhaldi

With this in mind some may question the authenticity of Islam. We believe the Quran is the one and only True Word of God. Nothing is contradictory in this holy book. We also believe that following the example of the Prophet (peace be upon him) is the best to follow. One must remember though that we only can rely on man to write down these stories and therefore there is some imperfection. If any of the hadiths seem to contradict the Quran then they are not trusted.

If you really care about leading Muslims to the light I would suggest becoming truely knowledgeable in their books because when you take one thing out of context you loose all credibility.

Gee.....I quote from the koran, and you STILL have no defense.

Yet, you DO claim to read some but not all of the promoted parts of the faith.

Either way, you have lost all credibility yourself.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Battle of the bigots I am right all the time and you are wrong all the time------right back atcha.

You do realize, that by definition, you are also a bigot - right?

big·ot ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bgt)
n.

One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

Please try at least---I would like to know if I'm a bigot by some definition so I need your definition of intolerance to accurately reply.

define intolerance

in·tol·er·ance ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-tlr-ns)
n.

The quality or condition of being intolerant; lack of tolerance.

tol·er·ance ( P ) Pronunciation Key (tlr-ns)
n.

1. The capacity for or the practice of recognizing and respecting the beliefs or practices of others.

a. Leeway for variation from a standard.
b. The permissible deviation from a specified value of a structural dimension, often expressed as a percent.

3. The capacity to endure hardship or pain.

By calling them bigots, you were being intolerant to their views.

Therefore, you meet the definition..... No?

That would imply that just by calling someone a bigot I am one and I disagree with that reasoning however I am bigoted when it it comes to certain issues ( primarily fundamentalism but I'm sure there are more ). Guess maybe it's the degree on intolerance we are talking about and that gets down to splitting hairs. By this definition I have learned that bigotry isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be. One with convictions HAS to have some bigotry.

ty for the info

That would imply that just by calling someone a bigot I am one and I disagree with that reasoning however I am bigoted when it it comes to certain issues ( primarily fundamentalism but I'm sure there are more ). Guess maybe it's the degree on intolerance we are talking about and that gets down to splitting hairs. By this definition I have learned that bigotry isn't as bad as it's cracked up to be. One with convictions HAS to have some bigotry.

ty for the info

You're welcome.

I have always said that "everybody" has a bit of bigotry in them. If they didn't, they would not have an opinion.

Gee.....I quote from the koran, and you STILL have no defense.

I'm sorry about that...I will look back at your posts to see what you wrote. There are so many topics going that it is hard to read what everyone says. The posts I made last night were mostly to Cpw

Originally posted by skhaldi
"just issue orders to kill every jew in the country."

I believe this was taken greatly out of context. It was not even Mohammed stating this but Heraclius (a Christian leader) who had a dream that the leaders of the people who practiced circumcision would conquer them. So Heraclius issued the order to kill all Jews. Only later does he find out that Muslims also practice circumcision.

The sub narrator adds, "Ibn An-Natur was the Governor of llya' (Jerusalem) and Heraclius was the head of the Christians of Sham. Ibn An-Natur narrates that once while Heraclius was visiting ilya' (Jerusalem), he got up in the morning with a sad mood. Some of his priests asked him why he was in that mood? Heraclius was a foreteller and an astrologer. He replied, 'At night when I looked at the stars, I saw that the leader of those who practice circumcision had appeared (become the conqueror). Who are they who practice circumcision?' The people replied, 'Except the Jews nobody practices circumcision, so you should not be afraid of them (Jews).

'Just Issue orders to kill every Jew present in the country.'

While they were discussing it, a messenger sent by the king of Ghassan to convey the news of Allah's Apostle to Heraclius was brought in. Having heard the news, he (Heraclius) ordered the people to go and see whether the messenger of Ghassan was circumcised. The people, after seeing him, told Heraclius that he was circumcised. Heraclius then asked him about the Arabs. The messenger replied, 'Arabs also practice circumcision

wrong sir wrong,the order was given by mohammad after he ordered the assassination of kaab

bukhari v4b52n270 "the prophet said,'who is ready to kill ka'b bin ashraf who has really hurt allah and his apostle?'muhammad bin maslama said,'o allah's apostle!do you want me to kill him?'he replied in the affirmative."

ishaq:365"who will rid me of ashraf?masalama said,'i will deal with him for you.o apostle,i will kill him.'mohammad said,'do so if you can."

Originally posted by cptpwichita
bukhari v4b52n270 "the prophet said,'who is ready to kill ka'b bin ashraf who has really hurt allah and his apostle?'muhammad bin maslama said,'o allah's apostle!do you want me to kill him?'he replied in the affirmative."

ishaq:365"who will rid me of ashraf?masalama said,'i will deal with him for you.o apostle,i will kill him.'mohammad said,'do so if you can."

seems like there is a lot of killing taking place in the Quaran..... there sure is a lot of death for it to be such a peaceful religion.

Submission...... NOT ON MY LIFE! Literally!

Islam is the only global religion that still continues the practice of beheading. Interestingly, Rev. 20:4 speaks of the Christian tribulation saints who are beheaded for their faith.

ishaq:365/tabari 7:94 "muhammad bin maslamah said,'o messenger,we shall have to tell lies.''say what you like,'muhammad replied.'you are absolved,free to say whatever you must."

Forum List

Back