Drive a car
Register said car
Join the military
Serve as a public servant
Cash a check
Write a check
Use a credit card (sometimes)
Apply for welfare
Upon demand of law enforcement (learned hard way)

Etc...etc...

But its a burden to require one to vote? Give me a break.

Rent a car
Rent a movie
Buy a beer
Buy a pack of smokes
Close a home loan
Start a bank account
Drive a car
Register said car
Join the military
Cash a check
Write a check
Apply for welfare

Etc...etc...

It is only a burden for liberals, because a law such as that obviously just targets one specific ideology.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/212534-list-of-things-that-require-photo-identification.html

Can the cost of getting an id made be construed as a "poll tax?"

Not if picture ID is currently required LEGALLY in any State to register to vote.

to be required, it has to be available for free.
None of the activities listed by Murked, with all due respect, is a basic Constitutional right. VOTING may change those privileges; thus VOTING is the most fundamental right. (Florida charges for photo ID, INCLUDING sharply increased charges for DL, in the last ten years.)

Not if picture ID is currently required LEGALLY in any State to register to vote.

None of the activities listed by Murked, with all due respect, is a basic Constitutional right. VOTING may change those privileges; thus VOTING is the most fundamental right. (Florida charges for photo ID, INCLUDING sharply increased charges for DL, in the last ten years.)

does florida have a photo id requirement for voting?

Can the cost of getting an id made be construed as a "poll tax?"

Funny how the right to bear arms is just as constitutional as the right to vote, but if you want to purchase a firearm you must provide a photo ID to prove who you are.
Funny how the right to free speech is just as constitutional as the right to vote, but if you want to open your own radio station you not only have to prove who you are, but you have to pay for the license to broadcast.

Yes, or an Affidavit by a registered voter WITH ID. The Affidavits were NOT readily available in ONE county in 2000; in 2002, as my driver's license listed a different address from the rolls; I was required to cast a PROVISIONAL ballot in another county AND check back to affirm my vote would be "allowed." BOTH addresses were the same location in the county in which I resided in 2002, the rolls listed the street named a bit differently than my DL.

THIS IS DISTURBING; most learn while young that DRIVING is a privilege NOT a right; to see something so fundamental to our Constitution compared to RENTING A MOVIE is surreal.

Yes, or an Affidavit by a registered voter WITH ID. The Affidavits were NOT readily available in ONE county in 2000; in 2002, as my driver's license listed a different address from the rolls; I was required to cast a PROVISIONAL ballot in another county AND check back to affirm my vote would be "allowed." BOTH addresses were the same location in the county in which I resided in 2002, the rolls listed the street named a bit differently than my DL.

THIS IS DISTURBING; most learn while young that DRIVING is a privilege NOT a right; to see something so fundamental to our Constitution compared to RENTING A MOVIE is surreal.

you're new here, huh?

:lol:

Dead people, felons, vagrants, and cartoon characters all have a hard time getting valid I.D. That's why Democrats oppose voter I.D. laws- it hurts their "base".

2012-03-16-digest-cartoon-2.jpg

Rent a car
Rent a movie
Buy a beer
Buy a pack of smokes
Close a home loan
Start a bank account
Drive a car
Register said car
Join the military
Cash a check
Write a check
Apply for welfare

Etc...etc...

Boggles the mind..."it might hurt minorities'''...

WHAT minorities?

Rent a car
Rent a movie
Buy a beer
Buy a pack of smokes
Close a home loan
Start a bank account
Drive a car
Register said car
Join the military
Cash a check
Write a check
Apply for welfare

Etc...etc...

Okay, since you are the third person in a week to state this same identical thing, I can only conclude you all are parroting some talking point like empty-headed rubes.

This crap is known as the Appeal to Common Practice logical fallacy.

So...tell us. Who is your master?

No one anywhere has ever proven the NEED for Voter ID. I am shocked at the Un-Conservatives who are actually calling for MORE unnecessary government regulation. This is absolutely incredible.

They want more impediments to the exercising of our rights. Never again can they call themselves conservatives.

I defy any of you Un-Conservatives to provide a single case of voter fraud in OVER TWO CENTURIES OF VOTING that can only be fixed by Voter ID and not fixed by proper management of voter registration, for example.

And before you are stupid enough to be the umpteenth parrot to post to a case of dead people voting, please explain how Voter ID would get dead people off the voter registration rolls.

It wouldn't.

Dead people voting is a problem of improper voter registration list management.

If some Voter ID dipshit can find dead people on a voting list, then so should the people who are responsible for that list.

Voter ID is completely unnecessary.

Fix voter registration.

No one anywhere has ever proven the NEED for Voter ID. I am shocked at the Un-Conservatives who are actually calling for MORE unnecessary government regulation. This is absolutely incredible.

They want more impediments to the exercising of our rights. Never again can they call themselves conservatives.

I defy any of you Un-Conservatives to provide a single case of voter fraud in OVER TWO CENTURIES OF VOTING that can only be fixed by Voter ID and not fixed by proper management of voter registration, for example.

And before you are stupid enough to be the umpteenth parrot to post to a case of dead people voting, please explain how Voter ID would get dead people off the voter registration rolls.

It wouldn't.

Dead people voting is a problem of improper voter registration list management.

If some Voter ID dipshit can find dead people on a voting list, then so should the people who are responsible for that list.

Voter ID is completely unnecessary.

Fix voter registration.

They're just venting because they know the President is going to make short- work of their eventual nominee LOL

Forum List

Back