I need a new laptop, please advise me

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
It must be 17 inches because my eyes are getting worse. Lol.

I only use it for web browsing and I do some very light work using Excell and Word. I like having multiple tabs open and I want it to be fast.

What do you recommend please? Thanks in advance.

• Banned
Not long ago my local computer guy recommended the following. Do you agree? I want what I need but I don't want to pay for things that I DON'T need. Thanks again.

Lenovo Premium 330 Series 17.3 inch HD+ Laptop, Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8250u Quad-core Processor, 512 GB SSD, 8GB DDR4, DVD-RW, Wireless-AC, Bluetooth, HDMI, USB C, Ethernet, Card Reader, Windows 10

$ 659 46

$722.39

Save $62.93 (9%)
& Free Shipping

Buy New
$659.46

& Free Shipping
Want it Monday, Dec. 9? Order within 3 hrs 53 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

Only 5 left in stock - order soon.

Qty:Qty:1
Add to Cart

Buy Now
Ships from and sold by Proelectroinc.

Select a location to see product availability

Add an Accessory:
Add Save $20 at checkout | Microsoft Office 365 Home for $99.00
Add McAfee Total Protection - 3 Devices for $19.99

Add a Protection Plan:
Add 4-Year Protection for $124.99

Buy Used - Like New
$560.00

ADD TO LIST

My old laptop is still going strong...

images

Purchase the one that doesn’t have the USMB option.

Not long ago my local computer guy recommended the following. Do you agree? I want what I need but I don't want to pay for things that I DON'T need. Thanks again.

Lenovo Premium 330 Series 17.3 inch HD+ Laptop, Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8250u Quad-core Processor, 512 GB SSD, 8GB DDR4, DVD-RW, Wireless-AC, Bluetooth, HDMI, USB C, Ethernet, Card Reader, Windows 10

$ 659 46

$722.39

Save $62.93 (9%)
& Free Shipping

Buy New
$659.46

& Free Shipping
Want it Monday, Dec. 9? Order within 3 hrs 53 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

Add to Cart

Buy Now

Add an Accessory:

Add a Protection Plan:

Buy Used - Like New
$560.00

ADD TO LIST

$ 659 46

$722.39

Save $62.93 (9%)
& Free Shipping

Buy New
$659.46

& Free Shipping

Add to Cart

Buy Now

Add an Accessory:

Add a Protection Plan:

Buy Used - Like New
$560.00

ADD TO LIST
If it works for you then buy it.

It must be 17 inches because my eyes are getting worse. Lol.

I only use it for web browsing and I do some very light work using Excell and Word. I like having multiple tabs open and I want it to be fast.

What do you recommend please? Thanks in advance.

I recommend that you either buy one or ask santa

I've had 20/20 vision my whole life until I turned around 45 - 47, realized I'm getting a little farsighted . ( I can read a billboard half a mile away but can't read a normal-sized text message to save my life, and my wife's just the opposite-- she can read the fine print on a prescription bottle but anything over 100 feet away is a blur....but she always wore glasses I'm pretty sure).

But instead of spending hundreds at the eye doctor ( which I probably should have), I tried some dollar store reading glasses and they looked ok & worked just fine.....so I use 1.25 strength for the computer and sometimes if the lighting's dim to see the room, make eye contact etc....but for reading fine print (text msgs, labels...) I step up to 1.50 or 2.00's or higher depending how small..

I've had 20/20 vision my whole life until I turned around 45 - 47, realized I'm getting a little farsighted . ( I can read a billboard half a mile away but can't read a normal-sized text message to save my life, and my wife's just the opposite-- she can read the fine print on a prescription bottle but anything over 100 feet away is a blur....but she always wore glasses I'm pretty sure).

But instead of spending hundreds at the eye doctor ( which I probably should have), I tried some dollar store reading glasses and they looked ok & worked just fine.....so I use 1.25 strength for the computer and sometimes if the lighting's dim to see the room, make eye contact etc....but for reading fine print (text msgs, labels...) I step up to 1.50 or 2.00's or higher depending how small..

I use to be able to see through walls!

then age started taking its toll.....

reading glasses are now up to 3.25

I use to be able to see through walls!

then age started taking its toll.....

reading glasses are now up to 3.25
Oh and while we're on the subject of lap-dancing, --One word of advice on those magic blue pills for men with
"erectile disfunction" ( or anyone who wants to go all night with a couple ladies you met at the club)....
read the fine print on all of them, over-the-counter or prescription. Or just listen to the commercials...."for sudden loss of vision, see your doctor"....?? Plus a lot is coming from China.

So far I'm 58 and haven't needed any since I quit smoking and drinking especially. A few years ago I was taking them when I was drinking too much to keep the wife happy, but now I just go to the health store and get vitamins and supplements for whatever ails me. ( I quit smoking tobacco 10 years ago and basically haven't been sick since then except for some minor sniffles)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back