I must have been sleeping for 20 years....

Oldandtired

Rookie
Aug 17, 2009
Long Island
Mr. Obama just said on his "Main Street" tour that the reason things have been slowed up in congress is that the "fillibuster" is being used more and more lately.

Will someone please tell me exactly when the last time the fillibuster was used SINCE he has been in office?

And seeing as the minority does not have enough members to fillibuster.....is he an idiot or was he simply saying to the people "you are just too stupid to know the truth so I can say whatever the hell I want"?

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Mr. Obama just said on his "Main Street" tour that the reason things have been slowed up in congress is that the "fillibuster" is being used more and more lately.

Will someone please tell me exactly when the last time the fillibuster was used SINCE he has been in office?

And seeing as the minority does not have enough members to fillibuster.....is he an idiot or was he simply saying to the people "you are just too stupid to know the truth so I can say whatever the hell I want"?

Looks like September 19, 2007:
GOP FILIBUSTERS....I see that Republicans have successfully filibustered two more bills today: one to give a House seat to the District of Columbia (57-42) and one to restore habeas corpus rights to terrorism suspects (56-43).
The Washington Monthly

• Banned

GOP FILIBUSTERS....I see that Republicans have successfully filibustered two more bills today: one to give a House seat to the District of Columbia (57-42) and one to restore habeas corpus rights to terrorism suspects (56-43).
The Washington Monthly

Oh. My mistake. I thought Obama took office in 2009....not 2007.
Thanks for the info.

Sounds like Obama should have showed up to work a little more when a Sentor. Then he would know the difference between a fillibuster and cloture.

And Palin is what you get when the R party depends on right wing hacks like you guys

The Washington Monthly

Seeing as the question he was answering had to do with why there has not been stronger regulations instituted in the financial arena SINCE the meltdown of October 2008...and his answer being that the fillibuster is being used by the "opposition" more and more lately and slowing down congress...I am unclear why you gave me a date of 2007.

But whatever makes you sleep well at night my dear.

Very nit picky of you, the threat of a filibuster is what he was refering to

He was talking of the threat of a filibuster.

jeese people

Nice OUTRIGHT lie

He explained why congress has not yet instituted stronger regulations in the financial world...and his explanation was that the fillibuster is being used more and more by the opposition lately, and it is slowing the majority down.

I suggest you watch him speak. You seem to get poor 3rd hand information.

His misspoke
He put his foot in his mouth
He was wrong

Appoint a special prosecutor

If putting your foot in your mouth was really a crime "W" would be on death row.

Now Obama has another one in HIS column.

Last edited:

Very nit picky of you, the threat of a filibuster is what he was refering to

Threat of a fillibuster when the republicans cannot fillibuster.
I see.

His misspoke
He was wrong

He did not mispeak. He did what he has been doing since day one.
Blaming the opposition on everything....even when they can not be blamed.

You're just going to spin it however you feel you need to in order to justify your unjustifiablable bitterness and hatred.

I guess Sarah Palin didn't lie when she said she turned down the money for the "bridge to nowhere"????

I guess Bush was lying about doctors raping their patients when he was talking about Ob/gyn's sharing their love with their patients????

That's how it works - make excuses for someone you like - paint it as harshly as possible if it's someone you don't like. Spin away - just don't blame me for seeing it for what it really is.

Last edited:
His misspoke
He was wrong

You're just going to spin it however you feel you need to in order to justify your unjustifiablable bitterness and hatred.

I guess Sarah Palin didn't lie when she said she turned down the money for the "bridge to nowhere"????

I guess Bush was lying about doctors raping their patients when he was talking about Ob/gyn's sharing their love with their patients????

That's how it works - make excuses for someone you like - paint it as harshly as possible if it's someone you don't like. Spin away - just don't blame me for seeing it for what it really is.

I dont recall ever saying anything like that about Palin and Bush.
Please...enlighten me.....tell me when it was.

You and your rediculous responses are getting old.

I dont recall ever saying anything like that about Palin and Bush.
Please...enlighten me.....tell me when it was.

You and your rediculous responses are getting old.

ahhh what a tangled web we weave when we spin spin spin out of pure bitterness and hatred.

Your bitterness and hatred got old a LONG time ago.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back