I Moved a Few Clouds Today

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
I should give credit to Ashleigh Brilliant for that idea. He has written a number of Pot Shot books. Phd, Berkeley, Psychiatrist. Then he decided to support himself more easily and began writing/drawing the Pot Shots. Straight to the heart of the matter, I assume he grew tired of listening to all the stories that he must have heard a milion times. I have never met him--would love to hear his story.

ashleigh brilliant -- home page

~~~~

How the day began---

I left around 7:30 and the main street that I travel had no traffic, highly unusual for that street at that time of day. I stopped at the QT and asked what was going on--nobody knew but all agreed it was strange.

I traveled further---left a follow up message with a person who had contacted me. Just too difficult to communicate over the phone at times. That went well.

Then I stopped by a tiny coffee house for some frozen, sugar free concotion. It is worth it to patronize this small business--could not have been easier.

Then I took my dog to the dog park about 30 minutes away. A good day--congenial group of dogs/owners --he hadn't had an outing in a week or so. Noticed that he needed a little trim---lhasa apso--so we headed back to our 'hood.

The traffic had come--how I hate it --how I hate it. I am in a central part of Atlanta---'everybody' uses the main thoroughfares it seems. Nothing can be done to improve the congestion at present--no $ and there are plans to make some major, major changes in this part of town in the near or distant future.

We went another way--lived here for many decades and I know shortcuts ---the only way I survive.

So my dog got a trim and some dog food and then we headed to a pet store. Purchased some sort of dog pherome diffuser---he gets stress, too. They thought that might help at the vets. Exercise and socialization are what really help both of us. My plan is to make that a priority. 'fun'---it is necessary.

Then we went a few other places--by 3:30 the traffic was pretty bad --worse than it had been at 1PM. How I figured out how to get home --I just don't know, but somehow I did.

So we ate and then went down to the dog park in the neighborhood. The whole gang was there --TGIF. Rhodesian ridgebacks, schnauzers, lab--several newly rescued dogs and it was good fun.

He was happy and I was happy for him. He'll be 7 this month. I got him at around 5 weeks, so tiny about 3lbs--2 days before Christmas. He is a really good dog--barks a lot sometimes and then curls up in your lap or at your feet. Loves to 'Go'--always ready for an adventure.

From time to time I think--Why write a few short stories about our fascinating adventures. I might get around to that. Considering a number of options. 2 degrees in Education---I have heard that they can be utilized by other fields/industries.

When I began teaching we were told things like--'With a teaching degree you can do anything/everything'.

That was the truth --in my district the standards for teachers were 'high'.

'Until the job is done'

'Leave no stone unturned'

things like that.

A good job/career---I had a great principal/former Marine--and I know 'Once a Marine, always a Marine'. He was something. He became an area coordinator and I moved to Savannah. Interesting experience.

Then I returned to Atlanta and life got even more interesting.

What is next--I will keep you posted. It will be something 'unusual', of that I am certain.

I believe in coincidences, serendipity and 'seize the moment'.

'One Moment in Time'--thank you Whitney Houston. good song and a true individual.

Good to see someone's enthusiam here for other than tantrums and recriminations.

Not a literary style to my exact taste, but so what?

Bonne continuation!

Good to see someone's enthusiam here for other than tantrums and recriminations.

Bonne continuation!

lol--I use a lot of different styles.

tired today. can't haul out the multisyllable words--packed away somewhere.

hauled out a few Christmas decorations. thinking about simplifying in an extreme manner this year---already decorated enough. someone else in the household will insist on a tree. I suppose it is worth the effort. Compromise---that is what goes on here 24/7.fwiw.

Nice avatar you have: Escargot sur un lit de grains de tournesol.

For wallpaper on my computer I have a close-up photo I took of a snail crossing a bluish rock.

Bonne continuation!

lol--I use a lot of different styles. .

And a lot of different substances, apparently.

headed to the Ignore function. I am not going to play with you. You know what you are and where you can go right this minute. giving you a gesture at this very moment.

When you moved those clouds, did you see Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds?

<Quote: Originally Posted by there4eyeM

Bonne continuation!>

?? there4eyeM---were you referencing my liitle story or the Brilliant book??

thanks to unkotare who has been stalking me from my first post and who, it seems likely,will become my albatross/Lord Jim or wants to play 'Crocodile and Capt Hook' with me---I am fed up again.

ciao.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVTXlRxVdEY]A Little Night Music - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM_vLk1I6G4]Reefer Madness - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZhmsp6iBQ]Bernadette Peters & Stephen Sondheim - "Send In the Clowns" - YouTube[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back