I miss this guy...one of the best.

I've only seen him in movies and thought he was a bit "over the top" and exaggerated to be really funny. He was okay I suppose. :)

His dialog in the movies was written by someone else, and only tried to capture his personality. He was one of the funniest men to ever put on a show. Check out some of his Youtube videos

A lot like Parkykarkus, comedian in the 30s, 40s,and 50s

Tried to find some of his routines, but the ones I found show little of his genius

Rodney: I don't know about my wife....last night, I fell asleep with a cigarette in my mouth.....she lit it

Rodney" The only way I can get my wife to yell during sex is to wipe my dick on the curtains.

Rodney: I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Rodney: My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.

Rodney: When my old man wanted sex, my mother would show him a picture of me.

Rodney just can't no respect, and no matter how much he asked, no one would take his wife.

The number of comics whose careers he helped is staggering. Jim Carrey, Jerry Seinfeld, Tim Hicks, Sam Kinison, Bob Saget, Jeff Foxworthy, Rita Rudner, Judy Tenuta, etc. I think his best show was Rodney Dangerfield's 75th Birthday Toast.

Forum List

Back