I Miss Reggie :(

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Watching the NBA Playoffs today got me missing Reggie Miller. He brought so much to the Indiana Pacers, and was so fun to watch. After he retired, the Pacers went downhill, though Larry Bird has them on the right track (finally) rebuilding the team.

Here are some Reggie Highlights, I still tear up at 2:31 :(

I miss you Reggie!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNoJocnn-I&feature=PlayList&p=EFE862D643863FE5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=43[/ame]

Watching the NBA Playoffs today got me missing Reggie Miller. He brought so much to the Indiana Pacers, and was so fun to watch. After he retired, the Pacers went downhill, though Larry Bird has them on the right track (finally) rebuilding the team.

I miss you Reggie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNo...43863FE5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=43

Sorry. The sport was definitely better off without the antics of Mr Crybaby on the court. He took whining in the NBA to a new level.

I miss you Reggie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKNo...43863FE5&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=43

Sorry. The sport was definitely better off without the antics of Mr Crybaby on the court. He took whining in the NBA to a new level.

Whatever dude.

He WAS the Pacers, and they've sucked ever since he left.

I miss you Reggie!

Whatever dude.

Every Pacer fan misses Reggie. although I have to laugh when I think about how many Pacer fans booed him his rookie season because they wanted Steve Alford.:lol:

I miss you Reggie!

Yes the league is better off without Bill Laimbeer.:lol:

Whatever dude.

Every Pacer fan misses Reggie. although I have to laugh when I think about how many Pacer fans booed him his rookie season because they wanted Steve Alford.:lol:

That's because ole' Stevie was the Golden Child in Indiana.

He didn't make it in the NBA, but is doing a pretty good job as a coach.

Get some people around Danny Granger and the Pacers will be good once again.

Get some people around Danny Granger and the Pacers will be good once again.

Yeah, we love Danny Granger here. And Mike Dunleavy when he's healthy.

Larry Legend is on the right track, let's see what happens next year.

I miss you Reggie!

[ame]

He never won. In fact why is he announcing the NCAA tournament? Best he ever did was 2nd round. And he never won a championship. Why is he an announcer anywhere? I miss him too when rip Chauncey Ben Rasheed and prince whipped him and went on to beat Kobe Shaquille Carl Malone and Gary payton

I miss you Reggie!

[ame]

WHEN I saw reggie was thinking you meant reggie jackson.LOL

i miss THAT reggie,i actually hated the guy but i miss the days when he played because back in those days baseball was not corrupt and had these idiotic three way wild cards.

I miss you Reggie!

[ame]

i miss THAT reggie,i actually hated the guy but i miss the days when he played because back in those days baseball was not corrupt and had these idiotic three way wild cards.

But I hated it that the Yankees were such a dynasty

I miss you Reggie!

[ame]

Not near as much as I did I guarantee,you have not lived here in kc your whole life so while you hate the yankees as do so countless other baseball fans,you will never hate them with the same hatred and venom as us royal fans here in kc do.

You did not have your heart torn from from you three years in a row from them back in the 70's as we did when they beat us three years in a row from 76 to 78.:mad:

The thing that sucked about it is the Royals except for the 78 season,they would have easily have beat the yankees in the 76 and 77 seasons in those playoffs if we had a good manager as you did in sparkey anderson.INSTEAD,we got stuck with the biggest idiot jerk whitey herzog.:mad: Herzog was not a good manager,he just got lucky BOTH times when he got the job as royals manager and then later as cardinals manager as well by inheriting teams with talented players.

Herzog would make all these idiotic stupid decisions all the time that would cost the royals the playoffs.:mad:

I correctly said many times back then-goddamnit if only the royals would get rid of whitey herzog they would beat the yankees.:mad: Guess what? I was a prophet. After the 79 season when they missed the playoffs the royals owner ewing kauffman fired the asshole :D:yes_text12:and sure enough,the NEXT time the Royals faced the Yankees in the playoffs in 1980 they FINALLY beat them since they FINALLY had a different manager who would not blow it for them late in the games.:D:yes_text12:

what was REALLY special about the Royals beating the Yankees that year though was they SWEPT them beating them in three straight.:2up: at least everytime the Royals faced the yankees and lost,they gave them a battle to the very end taking it to the fifth game which was as many as they had back then for playoffs.the 78 season they took it to four games but they still avoided the sweep.:D

This was MY most fondest memory and favroite moment that occured for the yankees in a playoff game.remember this CLASSIC moment that got the Royals over the hump of the yankees? does that bring back memories for you?:D:dance::clap2:

as i said,the good old days when the game was not corrupt as it is now when EVERY team had just as much a good shot as going to the world series as the next guy.:(

Last edited:

I miss you Reggie!

[ame]

Not near as much as I did I guarantee,you have not lived here in kc your whole life so while you hate the yankees as do so countless other baseball fans,you will never hate them with the same hatred and venom as us royal fans here in kc do.

You did not have your heart torn from from you three years in a row from them back in the 70's as we did when they beat us three years in a row from 76 to 78.:mad:

The thing that sucked about it is the Royals except for the 78 season,they would have easily have beat the yankees in the 76 and 77 seasons in those playoffs if we had a good manager as you did in sparkey anderson.INSTEAD,we got stuck with the biggest idiot jerk whitey herzog.:mad: Herzog was not a good manager,he just got lucky BOTH times when he got the job as royals manager and then later as cardinals manager as well by inheriting teams with talented players.

Herzog would make all these idiotic stupid decisions all the time that would cost the royals the playoffs.:mad:

I correctly said many times back then-goddamnit if only the royals would get rid of whitey herzog they would beat the yankees.:mad: Guess what? I was a prophet. After the 79 season when they missed the playoffs the royals owner ewing kauffman fired the asshole :D:yes_text12:and sure enough,the NEXT time the Royals faced the Yankees in the playoffs in 1980 they FINALLY beat them since they FINALLY had a different manager who would not blow it for them late in the games.:D:yes_text12:

what was REALLY special about the Royals beating the Yankees that year though was they SWEPT them beating them in three straight.:2up: at least everytime the Royals faced the yankees and lost,they gave them a battle to the very end taking it to the fifth game which was as many as they had back then for playoffs.the 78 season they took it to four games but they still avoided the sweep.:D

This was MY most fondest memory and favroite moment that occured for the yankees in a playoff game.remember this CLASSIC moment that got the Royals over the hump of the yankees? does that bring back memories for you?:D:dance::clap2:

as i said,the good old days when the game was not corrupt as it is now when EVERY team had just as much a good shot as going to the world series as the next guy.:(

Just remember the three years you made it to the World Series the tigers were at home watching

I miss you Reggie!

[ame]

Just remember the three years you made it to the World Series the tigers were at home watching

Do you remember if you watched any of those games from the late 70's by chance? :)

as i said,had they had ANY different manager than that asshole whitey herzog as their manager,except for the 78 season,they would easily have beat the yankees in 76 and 77 and it would never have gone to five games .Paul splittorf would always be mowing them down and baffling the hitters so the idiot of course always took him out for the relief pitcher to blow his excellent performance.:mad:

as i said,once they got rid of asshole herzog as their manager,they FINALLY beat them as i said they always would in a SWEEP no less in 1980.:D as i said,at least the Royals DESPITE an idiot manager,took them to the limit and gave them a run for their money taking them to five games in 76 and 77 and FOUR in 78.they NEVER got swept by them at least.thats my bragging rights there on that.:haha:

do you remember if you watched THIS sweet moment live at the time when it happened by chance?:) I will never forget being in the living room watching that awesome momemt that night.how the crowd went dead silent.that was sweet.

Last edited:

I miss you Reggie!

[ame]

Do you remember if you watched any of those games from the late 70's by chance? :)

as i said,had they had ANY different manager than that asshole whitey herzog as their manager,except for the 78 season,they would easily have beat the yankees in 76 and 77 and it would never have gone to five games .Paul splittorf would always be mowing them down and baffling the hitters so the idiot of course always took him out for the relief pitcher to blow his excellent performance.:mad:

as i said,once they got rid of asshole herzog as their manager,they FINALLY beat them as i said they always would in a SWEEP no less in 1980.:D

do you remember if you watched THIS sweet moment live at the time when it happened by chance?:)

I remember. I’m burning my George Brett rookie cards. Lol. Jk they are worth a lot

as i said,once they got rid of asshole herzog as their manager,they FINALLY beat them as i said they always would in a SWEEP no less in 1980.:D

do you remember if you watched THIS sweet moment live at the time when it happened by chance?:)

I remember. I’m burning my George Brett rookie cards. Lol. Jk they are worth a lot

did not know you changed your mind and are now a yankee fan now? lol I will NEVER forget that magical great moment in my life and where i was.I was in the living room of our house watching that game,oh the memories.It was such bittersweet watching the screaming yelling crowd all of a sudden go DEAD SILENT.It was so silent you could hear a pin drop in the stadium.:haha::haha:

matter of fact i am really excited because i just ordered ALL THREE OF THESE GAMES on the net recently,yahoo..:dance:

did not know you changed your mind and are now a yankee fan now? lol I will NEVER forget that magical great moment in my life and where i was.I was in the living room of our house watching that game,oh the memories.It was such bittersweet watching the screaming yelling crowd all of a sudden go DEAD SILENT.It was so silent you could hear a pin drop in the stadium.:haha::haha:

matter of fact i am really excited because i just ordered ALL THREE OF THESE GAMES on the net recently,yahoo..:dance:

I would never burn a rookie card.

I do wish people would ruin theirs. As time goes on people’s cards wear out, get wet, dry, bent, damaged. Mine are all in plastic and tubs are plastic. In the basement perfect temp. I hope one day my nephews make a fortune. These cards are from the late 70s. So rookies of everyone from 1977 to 1990. Maybe in 2068 they will be worth a lot. When the kids retire

I would never burn a rookie card.

I do wish people would ruin theirs. As time goes on people’s cards wear out, get wet, dry, bent, damaged. Mine are all in plastic and tubs are plastic. In the basement perfect temp. I hope one day my nephews make a fortune. These cards are from the late 70s. So rookies of everyone from 1977 to 1990. Maybe in 2068 they will be worth a lot. When the kids retire

that is the perfect way to make sure they stay intact indeed.

Here is another memorable moment in those yankees/royals matchup glory years,although not bittersweet as the home run was.,remember THIS moment as well i assume? Ironic isnt it,how each one of the most dramatic moments in the playoffs from those years it ALWAYS was George Brett that instigated them?

George sure made me proud the way he rung Nettles bell then after that prick kicked him in the head when he slid into third base.:up:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back