I miss my girl.

She's a very motivated girl, she wants to be in a medical field, but hasn't narrowed it down yet. My husband and I have advised her not to become a physician given the degree of costs and the instability in the medical profession at present, but she's thinking physician assistant, physical therapist, or occupational therapist.

Now the issue is going to be keeping my son motivated for the next 4 years. ;)

Please forgive me if I'm a total bitch for the next month or so.

We dropped her off at college yesterday for her first year.

260484_10151166631746096_346683977_n.jpg

I miss the shit out of her.

Very sweet! Guess i can't flame you today....:)

She's a very motivated girl, she wants to be in a medical field, but hasn't narrowed it down yet. My husband and I have advised her not to become a physician given the degree of costs and the instability in the medical profession at present, but she's thinking physician assistant, physical therapist, or occupational therapist.

Now the issue is going to be keeping my son motivated for the next 4 years. ;)

Be proud, a co worker of mine has a son who is 16 who got kicked out of school for drinking on school property and he also got a DUI. He is being home schooled this year and he got caught stealing money out of his dads wallet. Some kids are a fucking nightmare.

(((((hugs))))

My oldest is doing his 2 year close to home, but next year is when he goes out of state.
It already brings me to tears. And good grief he has my temperament which means we 'battle' a lot. It's those moments when I think thank God he's leaving! But in reality, life will never be the same after he goes.

*tissues pls? :(

260484_10151166631746096_346683977_n.jpg

She has a bright smile and happy eyes, she'll be fine..:thup:

It's the woulda, shoulda couldas that hit me....:(

If I had my child to raise all over again,
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans, from "If I Had My Child To Raise Over Again"

There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings. ~Hodding Carter, Jr.

I Wish Your Daughter the Best...

Last edited:
I sometimes wish I had been able to go away to college. Alas.. I had to do the full-time job, part-time student thing...

Go UNO Privateers!

So how's it going, c?

Update: Things are good. She pledged a sorority, has been appointed the junior philanthropy chair for the panhellenic council, and gets intiated in 3 weeks. Her grades are good so far (straight A's, she says), and she's having fun.

Forum List

Back