I miss my girl.

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Please forgive me if I'm a total bitch for the next month or so.

We dropped her off at college yesterday for her first year.

260484_10151166631746096_346683977_n.jpg

I miss the shit out of her.

Well the two of us can commiserate LOL.
Our kid is off to finish her last 2 years of high school at an arts acadamy- 9 hours away. We take her next Thursday.
I'm totally freaked out. It's going to be a totally different life for all of us from now on.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA................

Hang in there, mom. :thup:

Ours is staying local for first two years. Makes sense since she can get the standard stuff out of the way and she doesn't know what she wants for a major yet....more and more in CA are going this way.

• Banned
Our kid is off to finish her last 2 years of high school at an arts acadamy- 9 hours away. We take her next Thursday.
I'm totally freaked out. It's going to be a totally different life for all of us from now on.

At first, early in the evening, it was kind of fun. The house was quiet and my husband and I cooked a super healthy dinner and hung out (my son is with his dad this weekend). Then, about 9:30 p.m., it hit me that I hadn't seen her all day and I had to have a little cry. God, I am a ginormous pussy about my kids.

At first, early in the evening, it was kind of fun. The house was quiet and my husband and I cooked a super healthy dinner and hung out (my son is with his dad this weekend). Then, about 9:30 p.m., it hit me that I hadn't seen her all day and I had to have a little cry. God, I am a ginormous pussy about my kids.

I remember those feelings and thinking how wimpy I was being...then not too long after my daughter was away, she called and I could hear the sadness in her voice, and she told me how much she was missing me. All my self-pity disappeared for that moment while I needed to be her rock and give her lots of words of encouragement. Afterwards I cried, but was grateful to be missed also.

I feel you.
It's my son's second year and dropping him off this year was just SLIGHTLY less painful than last year. I console myself with the anticipation of the great things he's going to do with his life.
Hang in there sweetie and don't be bummed if she's so excited about being out on her own that the phone calls and internet chats are shorter than you'd like for a while.
That'll all change in a couple of months. Promise. ;)

Catz, do yahoo....... text, twitter, email, facebook. etc.......

after a week you'll be lucky if she answers you.. lol
due to her busy class schedule of course! I wish you and Mr catz well.. and your daughter too!

:)

I'm sorry to hear that catz. We have a son in London, he's 30 and my wife goes nuts that she can't see him. Love mothers.

9 hours ? Leave at 3 am, eat lunch there at noon and be back by 10 or 11 pm.
murkins. Everything has to be easy.:eusa_hand:

9 hours ? Leave at 3 am, eat lunch there at noon and be back by 10 or 11 pm.
murkins. Everything has to be easy.:eusa_hand:

LOL no thanks. Maybe if I was 20 years younger.

When my oldest enrolled at USC, we drove out in my old Taurus. I left the car with him and flew back. Damn that was sad. And yes, my arms were tired.

So, catz- are you using Face Time or Skype?
First day of class for our daughter is on her birthday. It's the first birthday away from us evah.
Gonna be a gut-wrencher.

We haven't, yet, but she's been busy settling in and being social...class doesnt' start until Monday. I'm waiting for her to feel a need, and I realize it may take a couple of weeks until she does, though she texted me a couple of hours after we dropped her off.

My daughter's birthday is over family weekend, so we're taking my son and making it an event.

That's good timing. :thup:

I figured we'll be travelling for a visit at least once/month so I got us a pop-em up camper to avoid hotel cost. Plus Michigan has a lot of fine parks/camps. Oh and we're applying for passports since the school is close to the Canadian border, eh.

I am glad your daughter is in college and has ambitions, some of the people I know can't get their kids off the couch away from the PS3.

Forum List

Back