I miss my doggie.

she has passed by now....and you will never find her...i am sorry....but that is the truth....

20 years is a long time in a dog's life....a good life...well taken care of....now you must let go...i am sorry you didnt get closure....it hurts enough with closure...

i am sorry for your loss...

Nearly 20 years old, she wandered away 3 days ago. We've not been able to find her. I'm certain she wandered off to die, I've read that dogs like to do that, but it's really hard not having any closure. I wanted to bury her in the back yard next to the cat.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope she turns up.

Nearly 20 years old, she wandered away 3 days ago. We've not been able to find her. I'm certain she wandered off to die, I've read that dogs like to do that, but it's really hard not having any closure. I wanted to bury her in the back yard next to the cat.

So sorry about your dog.

she has passed by now....and you will never find her...i am sorry....but that is the truth....

20 years is a long time in a dog's life....a good life...well taken care of....now you must let go...i am sorry you didnt get closure....it hurts enough with closure...

I dreamed last night that she came home. I know she won't. Snoopy had a good life. She was a great dog. She was a pound puppy. When we first got her I thought she was stupid. She wouldn't even chase a ball, she'd just look at you like she was thinking "What? If you wanted the ball, why'd you throw it?"

Then, I caught her pulling Andrew down off the fence by his coat. As most of you know Andrew is low functioning Autistic. When he was younger, he liked to climb the fence, with Snoopy he couldn't do that. It made it easier keeping track of him. Snoopy and Andrew were a team, they walk all over the yard together. She was a great dog and will be sorely missed. I'm not sure if Andrew knows she's gone...and I really feel bad for his caretaker who comes in a few hours a day during the week. He let the dog out and didn't realize the gate was open.

AgainSheila,

I had a mini-schnauzer for 13 1/2 years and he died suddenly. It broke my heart and I still miss him. He was my best-friend. Don't worry, you will get over the loss.

My first dog did that. He was missing for a week. He turned up 4 miles away on someone's porch soaking with seawater. We took him to the vet and the vet said he had just been off on an adventure but I knew better. A week later we took him back to the vet because he was not eating food. The vet then realized it was cancer. He died 3 days later at home after trying to get outside at 2 am. I made him come back in the house and he died an hour later. I always feel a little bad that I made him come back in the house.

So she may turn up yet, Sheila, but if she doesn't, don't torture yourself. They often chose to die alone so maybe it's how we should let them do it.

I pray she be found and returned to your loving care. If she has passed then I know the grief will fade with the memories kept near to your heart, for 20 years of love and joy can never be lost.

Three score and ten are given to man,
But ours is a much briefer span.
So, though I give you all my heart,
The time will come when we must part.
But all around you will see,
Creatures that speak to you of me;
A tired horse, a hunted thing,
A sparrow with a broken wing ...
Pity - and help (I know you will)
And somehow, I will be with you still;
And I shall know, although I'm gone,
The love I gave you lingers on.

My son in law had a Husky that used to climb the fence and run away for days. That dog was so beautiful and nice but maddening in that way.

I used to try and bribe her to get in the car and she would just look over her shoulder and keep running.. :lol:

I hope you get your dog back but 20 yrs. is a long run for sure.

Oh that is awful. I am so sorry :(

That's a good long time for a dog to live - and it wouldn't have lived that long unless it got great care and love like I'm sure you gave the dog. So sorry for your loss. Here's a bit of sympathy rep.

I hope you and Snoopy both find peace. I'm sorry for your loss.

Now I'm all verklempt.

Sorry to hear about your loss. May it only be temporary, but... at 20... yeah.

My ex- sister in law lost their schnauzer suddenly too. He went out into the back yard for his morning time... breathed a heavy sigh and just passed right there. So at least it was quick and painless.

May you find some comfort somewhere.

Now I'm all verklempt.

Sorry to hear about your loss. May it only be temporary, but... at 20... yeah.

My ex- sister in law lost their schnauzer suddenly too. He went out into the back yard for his morning time... breathed a heavy sigh and just passed right there. So at least it was quick and painless.

May you find some comfort somewhere.

I'm hoping it was quick and painless for Snoopy. At least now we won't have to keep asking ourselves, "Is it time?"

I dreamed last night that she came home. I know she won't. Snoopy had a good life. She was a great dog. She was a pound puppy. When we first got her I thought she was stupid. She wouldn't even chase a ball, she'd just look at you like she was thinking "What? If you wanted the ball, why'd you throw it?"

Then, I caught her pulling Andrew down off the fence by his coat. As most of you know Andrew is low functioning Autistic. When he was younger, he liked to climb the fence, with Snoopy he couldn't do that. It made it easier keeping track of him. Snoopy and Andrew were a team, they walk all over the yard together. She was a great dog and will be sorely missed. I'm not sure if Andrew knows she's gone...and I really feel bad for his caretaker who comes in a few hours a day during the week. He let the dog out and didn't realize the gate was open.

I'm so sorry to hear that Sheila....that is so sad :(

20 years is an ancient lady...she sounds like a wonderful companion for Andrew and quite a charecter...I hope maybe someone picked her up, but that seems unlikely :(

23438_WrenSite_DancingSnoopy.jpg

I'm sorry to hear about this. Best wishes.

Forum List

Back