I miss Bill Clinton

You missed Wild Bill? Ya'll had your chance at getting him back in by putting Hillary as the nom. Can someone pass the kleenex?

The really sad thing is ... this thread being several months removed ... my how times have changed. After the recent debacle otherwise known as the Democratic primary, I'm actually starting to miss Bill too. He was Richard Nixon in comparison to Obama.:eusa_eh:

The really sad thing is ... this thread being several months removed ... my how times have changed. After the recent debacle otherwise known as the Democratic primary, I'm actually starting to miss Bill too. He was Richard Nixon in comparison to Obama.:eusa_eh:

I hear ya. I'd take Bill over both of these loons running.

so his choice of doing monica vs hillary was a poor judgement....

Given those choices he should have shaved his head and become monk.

If I'm arguably the most powerful man on Earth and I decide to screw around, you can bet the farm I can do a LOT better than that butterball, Monica.

At least JFK was doing Marilyn.:cool:

I disagree. I don't think he was better than what we have now. It took me 10 years to recover financially from Bill balancing the budget on paper at my personal expense.

Are you out of your mind? 4.00 gasoline, the stock market in free fall, we are battling a war that did not need to be waged and the Chinese will own us soon. The country saw true prosperity under Clinton. Inflation was low, unemployment was low and the middle class was making money. The only people that have made money under Bush is the upper class. You are soooo wrong!

Are you out of your mind? 4.00 gasoline, the stock market in free fall, we are battling a war that did not need to be waged and the Chinese will own us soon. The country saw true prosperity under Clinton. Inflation was low, unemployment was low and the middle class was making money. The only people that have made money under Bush is the upper class. You are soooo wrong!

The country did not see "prosperity" under Clinton. Unemployment was lower under Bush.

And don't tell me I'm wrong when my comment concerned MY income and I damned-well know what happened to ME, junior. I was about a dollar away from declaring bankruptcy under Clinton when I had plenty of duckets in my pocket under Reagan.

I've done just fine under Bush until the past 6 months, and you can hardly blame unscrupulous lending habits by financial institutions on the President.

I DO blame the gas on his ass though. Apparently his loyalty to his cronies supercedes the time-honored artificial cap on gasoline we have enjoyed and more importantly, tailored our lives around.

But you need to get real. Politicians are politicians. Clinton just had a different set of cronies he catered to.

None of which excuses Bill from doing that adlescent butterball.

not exactly a federal issue.

The ISSUE was not that he had sex with her,as you well know, the issue was that he LIED to a JUDGE under oath, you remember, the law says that is Perjury?

He lied, not because he was worried Hillary might find out, she probably already knew, he lied because he thought it made him look guiltier with the Paula Jones case, you know the WHOLE reason the questions were asked to begin with?

So to get this straight, you liberals STILL condone the President of the US lying to a sitting Judge under Oath, BUT have problems with Bush presenting his opinion, backed up by the entire Intelligence community of the UNITED STATES and all our allies, on any matter and call it lies. Shall I post another link to the 2002 NIE? Or the words of Bill Clinton from 1993 until 2002, on the matter of Iraq? Or links to all our allies that also agreed?

The ISSUE was not that he had sex with her,as you well know, the issue was that he LIED to a JUDGE under oath, you remember, the law says that is Perjury?

He lied, not because he was worried Hillary might find out, she probably already knew, he lied because he thought it made him look guiltier with the Paula Jones case, you know the WHOLE reason the questions were asked to begin with?

So to get this straight, you liberals STILL condone the President of the US lying to a sitting Judge under Oath, BUT have problems with Bush presenting his opinion, backed up by the entire Intelligence community of the UNITED STATES and all our allies, on any matter and call it lies. Shall I post another link to the 2002 NIE? Or the words of Bill Clinton from 1993 until 2002, on the matter of Iraq? Or links to all our allies that also agreed?

Clinton screwed up by lying.

Bush screwed up by invading iraq. And I don't care what the NIE said. The fact of the matter is, we KNEW this partisan infighting and a power struggle between Sunni and Shia would be the result of taking Saddam out.

And if you were intel, I KNOW you know that.

That doesn't mean there was no justification to take out Saddam. Clearly, to all but the most dishonest of partisan hacks, there was plenty of reason to take him out.

He was STILL the lesser of two evils.

Clinton screwed up by lying.

Bush screwed up by invading iraq. And I don't care what the NIE said. The fact of the matter is, we KNEW this partisan infighting and a power struggle between Sunni and Shia would be the result of taking Saddam out.

And if you were intel, I KNOW you know that.

That doesn't mean there was no justification to take out Saddam. Clearly, to all but the most dishonest of partisan hacks, there was plenty of reason to take him out.

He was STILL the lesser of two evils.

Which is not the same as lying. Nor the same as condoning Perjury cause he was your politician buddy. Nor lying about why he was Impeached.

Which is not the same as lying. Nor the same as condoning Perjury cause he was your politician buddy. Nor lying about why he was Impeached.

So you are going to say with a straight face Bush didn't present facts that favored his argument while downplaying the ones that didn't? There's no such politician alive, Bush included.

I have not excused Clinton for what he did, nor lied about why he was impeached. He was impeached for lying under oath.

Was that little partisan victory that accomplished nothing worth the money spent and the embarassment of the President of the United States? IMO, no.

So you are going to say with a straight face Bush didn't present facts that favored his argument while downplaying the ones that didn't? There's no such politician alive, Bush included.

I have not excused Clinton for what he did, nor lied about why he was impeached. He was impeached for lying under oath.

Was that little partisan victory that accomplished nothing worth the money spent and the embarassment of the President of the United States? IMO, no.

Big ass difference. And you know it.

Clinton was not voted to be Impeached, not because he was not guilty of the Charges, but because Democrats chose party over facts and some Republicans chose being to stupid to vote for the facts in evidence.

Big ass difference. And you know it.

Clinton was not voted to be Impeached, not because he was not guilty of the Charges, but because Democrats chose party over facts and some Republicans chose being to stupid to vote for the facts in evidence.

What's a big-ass difference? Bush presenting his case in a light favorable to him and flat-out lying? I don't recall that I said otherwise. The latter does not make the former somehow more honest.

The facts are Clinton could have been prosecuted under DC adultery laws at the time and he was not.

I don't like the fact he lied. I didn't vote for him when I was giving him a chance when he said he smoke pot but didn't inhale. Had he said, "Yeah I smoked a number or two back in the day," I'd probably have voted for him.

The guy was apt to lie when the truth would have sounded better.

I'd STILL vote for him now over Obama or McCain. They're both idiots. He at least had a clue.

What's a big-ass difference? Bush presenting his case in a light favorable to him and flat-out lying? I don't recall that I said otherwise. The latter does not make the former somehow more honest.

The facts are Clinton could have been prosecuted under DC adultery laws at the time and he was not.

I don't like the fact he lied. I didn't vote for him when I was giving him a chance when he said he smoke pot but didn't inhale. Had he said, "Yeah I smoked a number or two back in the day," I'd probably have voted for him.

The guy was apt to lie when the truth would have sounded better.

I'd STILL vote for him now over Obama or McCain. They're both idiots. He at least had a clue.

Bush had the facts, the NIE is clear as are the words of the Democratic leadership from 1993 to 2002, as well as all our allies and their Intel. Bush did not stretch the truth nor did he lie. Clinton LIED under Oath. In a Personal matter to protect his sorry ass from another woman he got away with harassing. And Paula was not willing like Lewinsky.

The country did not see "prosperity" under Clinton. Unemployment was lower under Bush.

And don't tell me I'm wrong when my comment concerned MY income and I damned-well know what happened to ME, junior. I was about a dollar away from declaring bankruptcy under Clinton when I had plenty of duckets in my pocket under Reagan.

I've done just fine under Bush until the past 6 months, and you can hardly blame unscrupulous lending habits by financial institutions on the President.

I DO blame the gas on his ass though. Apparently his loyalty to his cronies supercedes the time-honored artificial cap on gasoline we have enjoyed and more importantly, tailored our lives around.

But you need to get real. Politicians are politicians. Clinton just had a different set of cronies he catered to.

None of which excuses Bill from doing that adlescent butterball.

So you missed the boom and, greatly in the minority, you struggled during one of the best economic era of our time. Well, I guess that make you a loser. Junior think so...

Forum List

Back