I might have just royal screwed myself

Judicial review

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
Columbus Ohio
Right up my ass. See I'm apart of a tennis club and I'm very good, and have a huge serve that so far I can locate anywhere and no one has been able to return it. The teachers are called pros and I've been taking lessons since I was 15. I'm now 28. I left the club a message that I guess everybody heard maybe I was drunk I don't know, but I said that I need to play against better players and that the pro that I was playing with I was taking advantage of him all night.

Now I just showed up at the club to hang out and the top pro who is top 50 ranked in the USA said so you think you can take Jeremy? Who was that pro. I said, who's jeremy? Oh, man did I screw myself by saying that. He said, be prepared to eat crow. Now I'm sure when I show up there Monday they will have a match planned for me and Jeremy in front of all the class and pro's with a video camera. I've only played this guy in a group setting (doubles) I am a singles guy, but you just never know.

I'm tempted to embarrass the guy, but I'm afraid of being embarrassed. You just never know how it will turn out.. But hey this is a good way to publicize my pro serve.

Should I run away like a pussy cat or man up? Explain why?

If you know you are a good player, you might well have a good game with this person. f you are evenly matched, it'll be a better and enjoyable match than playing someone who doesn't compete. Your strong serve will be your advantage. Go and play, watch him, find his weakness, and take advantage of it.

Man up. It always does one's character good to lose gracefully to a better player. How you handle yourself in defeat signals to people something about you.

If you win, that also says something to.

If you run away, that really says something.

• Banned
If you know you are a good player, you might well have a good game with this person. f you are evenly matched, it'll be a better and enjoyable match than playing someone who doesn't compete. Your strong serve will be your advantage. Go and play, watch him, find his weakness, and take advantage of it.

Thank you. I guess I need to go in there to prove something and go in with a killer instict. Either way it will be a good experience.

• Banned
Man up. It always does one's character good to lose gracefully to a better player. How you handle yourself in defeat signals to people something about you.

If you win, that also says something to.

If you run away, that really says something.

You're right. One thing about me is that If my opponent falls down I go over to the other side and help him up. I always shake hands and compliment the players I play. Sportsmanship I'm very mindful of.

Right up my ass. See I'm apart of a tennis club and I'm very good, and have a huge serve that so far I can locate anywhere and no one has been able to return it. The teachers are called pros and I've been taking lessons since I was 15. I'm now 28. I left the club a message that I guess everybody heard maybe I was drunk I don't know, but I said that I need to play against better players and that the pro that I was playing with I was taking advantage of him all night.

Now I just showed up at the club to hang out and the top pro who is top 50 ranked in the USA said so you think you can take Jeremy? Who was that pro. I said, who's jeremy? Oh, man did I screw myself by saying that. He said, be prepared to eat crow. Now I'm sure when I show up there Monday they will have a match planned for me and Jeremy in front of all the class and pro's with a video camera. I've only played this guy in a group setting (doubles) I am a singles guy, but you just never know.

I'm tempted to embarrass the guy, but I'm afraid of being embarrassed. You just never know how it will turn out.. But hey this is a good way to publicize my pro serve.

Man up! Every time! If you don't play him you'll never know! :dunno:

Thank you. I guess I need to go in there to prove something and go in with a killer instict. Either way it will be a good experience.
Make sure during the match that you repeat often that obama will be impeached soon. I doubt Jeremy can play up to par while he's laughing.

• Banned

Make sure during the match that you repeat often that obama will be impeached soon. I doubt Jeremy can play up to par while he's laughing.

Why would he laugh? It's going to happen.

Man up, win, and then be humble. people will forget what you have done. If they do not, they should get a life, but you should not tell them this.

Think the bigger issue is this,

"I left the club a message that I guess everybody heard maybe I was drunk I don't know..."

If you don't know if you were drunk, you have a problem.

Why would you run away? You mouthed off about how awesome you are. Time to put up or shut up.

Your original post implies that your serve is at a much higher level than the rest of your game. If the pro is truly a 7.0 player he will figure out a way to beat it, even if it means just blocking it back to keep it in play.

If he is not that good, there is still no guarantee you will win all your service games.

The great thing about tennis is that you can have an enjoyable match even when you lose.

Your original post implies that your serve is at a much higher level than the rest of your game. If the pro is truly a 7.0 player he will figure out a way to beat it, even if it means just blocking it back to keep it in play.

If he is not that good, there is still no guarantee you will win all your service games.

The great thing about tennis is that you can have an enjoyable match even when you lose.

My serve is 125-130 mph with a hook at the end. When I get it in he won't touch it. It always bails me out of trouble.

Run like a pussy, lol. Man up. If you get your ass whacked, then eat your humble pie.

New Topics

Forum List

Back