I May Not Get There With You: The True Martin Luther King Jr

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
this is a powerful book that a former professor sent to me. I am grateful he did, the MLK Jr Michael Eric Dyson examines in detail is much more than the hollow shell of hopes and dreams he has become in recent years. In the true MLK Jr, we have a man who made many mistakes and wasn't as moral as he was percieved to be, but nevertheless he made enormous strides and did extraordinary things in the name of radical Christianity and civil rights. I highly recommend all Christians read this especially, the author gives a good viewpoint on how King's brand of Christianity could be utilized to repair many of the frayed and failed parts of our society. Though I've seen his faults more clearly than ever before with this book, I now respect Dr. King even more, less because he "had a dream" and more because he set out to revolutionize American culture and saving us from many of the pitfalls we still face today.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/068483037X/qid=1097934706/sr=1-20/ref=sr_1_20/103-9738636-1458241?v=glance&s=books[/ame]

Forum List

Back