I May Be The 'Old Lady' But Some Of You Will Be Catching Up

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...day/20040908/ts_usatoday/tuitionhikeswillease

College tuition not rising as fast. My kids problem is not tuition, but rather 'board'. I don't know if other state universities are doing this, but in IL, they have 'levels' of 'board'. The first, would be a kid that eats toast and juice for breakfast. (Gee, my boys need pancakes or waffles or eggs plus more). Lunch on the plan would be a salad-no meat and a coke or coffee. Dinner, entree and drink.

There are 5 more tiers, each of which allow the kid to go 'over' the plan, for a 7-11 type store or certain fast food choices. My older son is now in an apartment. The youngest runs at least 12 miles per day. Guess which plan we need to sign up for?

offspring eating you out of house and home eh? good luck with the cost to feed healthy sons like that.... you could put them on the navy plan and just feed em fruit in the morning and rice and stale beef every other meal

Kathianne said:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...day/20040908/ts_usatoday/tuitionhikeswillease

College tuition not rising as fast. My kids problem is not tuition, but rather 'board'. I don't know if other state universities are doing this, but in IL, they have 'levels' of 'board'. The first, would be a kid that eats toast and juice for breakfast. (Gee, my boys need pancakes or waffles or eggs plus more). Lunch on the plan would be a salad-no meat and a coke or coffee. Dinner, entree and drink.

There are 5 more tiers, each of which allow the kid to go 'over' the plan, for a 7-11 type store or certain fast food choices. My older son is now in an apartment. The youngest runs at least 12 miles per day. Guess which plan we need to sign up for?

They should be very, VERY thankful they have a parent that is HELPING THEM!

I put MYSELF through college. Talk about broke!

Pale Rider said:
They should be very, VERY thankful they have a parent that is HELPING THEM!

I put MYSELF through college. Talk about broke!
Hey Pale, I thought all the 'regulars' knew. My kids have to put themselves through college. I make less than 30k per year. 3 in college. Their dad doesn't help. The best I can do is claim them, so they can site my low income. (I've always had sole custody).

The oldest is now 23, no longer covered under insurance. Her dad says, "Hey, she has to awaken to reality." Severe dyslexia, it takes her about 9 hours per night on homework-it did in jr. high too. Couldn't finish then...

Kathianne said:
Hey Pale, I thought all the 'regulars' knew. My kids have to put themselves through college. I make less than 30k per year. 3 in college. Their dad doesn't help. The best I can do is claim them, so they can site my low income. (I've always had sole custody).

The oldest is now 23, no longer covered under insurance. Her dad says, "Hey, she has to awaken to reality." Severe dyslexia, it takes her about 9 hours per night on homework-it did in jr. high too. Couldn't finish then...

Dumb me... I do recall reading much of that now. Thank's for the nudge... :poke: :eek:

Pale Rider said:
Dumb me... I do recall reading much of that now. Thank's for the nudge... :poke: :eek:

No problem, I'm very proud of them. We are working on the insurance problem.

Kathianne said:
..... in IL, they have 'levels' of 'board'.
There are 5 more tiers, each of which allow the kid to go 'over' the plan

Am I understanding right. Students live according to their appetite?

Joz said:
Am I understanding right. Students live according to their appetite?

Sounds pretty much like that or at least what they can 'afford.' There are kids that run out of 'buying power' in the last few weeks, then if the parents can't come through, they have a problem.

Forum List

Back