“I love your shoes!” are microagressions. "golf outings" and the words “boyfriend” also.....

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The UNC Chapel Hill guide, published on Thursday, covers a wide range of menacing microaggressions — which are everyday words that radical leftists have decided to be angry or frustrated about.

Christmas vacations are a microagression, the public university pontificates, because “academic calendars and encouraged vacations” which “are organized around major religious observances” centralize “the Christian faith” and diminish “non-Christian spiritual rituals and observances.”

DSC00771.jpg

Read more: UNC Chapel Hill: CHRISTMAS VACATION Is A 'Microagression' Now

Yeap, according to this woman up there, telling someone on campus that you are going on a golf outing on your Christmas vacation with your girlfriend are microagressions are in fact racist.

Yup.

The thing to remember about corporate jobs is that there are tons of co-workers especially females who are looking for a reason to run to H/R with a complaint and then file a claim against the company.

The best thing is not to talk to anybody at work any more than you have to, and keep it on topic, such as about bits and bytes, or debits and credits.

Your personal life and your vacations are nobody's business.

Don't make friends at work. The environment is too toxic for friendship.

I just call them 'backhanded compliments". I'm old fashioned.

I get this a bit, "I wish I looked like that!"

translation : "You're a tranny. Good looking but a tranny."

The UNC Chapel Hill guide, published on Thursday, covers a wide range of menacing microaggressions — which are everyday words that radical leftists have decided to be angry or frustrated about.

Christmas vacations are a microagression, the public university pontificates, because “academic calendars and encouraged vacations” which “are organized around major religious observances” centralize “the Christian faith” and diminish “non-Christian spiritual rituals and observances.”

[photo deleted]

Yeap, according to this woman up there, telling someone on campus that you are going on a golf outing on your Christmas vacation with your girlfriend are microagressions are in fact racist.

Yup.

Well, I'd like to read the source article that the Daily Caller (DC -- the blog you linked) refers to, but I cannot. Upon clicking on their link, I received the message noted below.

Not Found

Sorry, but the page you were trying to view does not exist. It looks like this was the result of either:
  • a mistyped address
  • n out-of-date link.

upload_2016-6-29_3-44-32.png

(This is DC's full link--http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_146718647596816&key=e7609c039c08d3ae00aebd97e6f0bffd&libId=iq0jwtbg010110e3000DL47z6crjy&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2016%2F06%2F25%2Funiversity-of-north-carolina-christmas-vacation-is-a-microagression-now%2F%23ixzz4CwoZn5fM&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Femployeeforum.unc.edu%2Fcareer-corner-understanding-microaggressions%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fthreads%2Fi-love-your-shoes-are-microagressions-golf-outings-and-the-words-boyfriend-also.506441%2F&title=UNC%20Chapel%20Hill%3A%20CHRISTMAS%20VACATION%20Is%20Microagression%20Now%20%7C%20The%20Daily%20Caller&txt=entitled%20%E2%80%9CCareer%20corner%3A%20Understanding%20microaggressions%E2%80%9D)​

I can't say much about the photo you pasted into your post other than that its source is noted as this: http://ccli.unc.edu/files/2013/07/DSC00771.jpg. I see what appears to be a July 2013 date in the hyperlink, and the publication date on the DC post is 26-June-2016. You don't even cite the woman's name. Neither does the DC post, which, moreover, does not contain the photo you included in your OP.

I see multiple returns from a Google search for "career corner understanding microaggressions," which is purportedly, according to the DC, the document in which UNC:
  • "instructs students that Christmas vacations and telling a woman “I love your shoes!” are “microagressions.”
  • "identifies golf outings and the words “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” as microagressions"
The curious confluence of observations above lead me to ask:
  • Is it just a matter of coincidence that the story no longer exists on UNC Chapel Hill's website, assuming it even did just a couple hours ago when you created this thread?
  • In light of the newness of the DC post, I have to wonder just where the DC writer got their story.
  • Is there even an actual source for the post's remarks? Is there even such a guide as the one the DC cites?
  • Is the woman whom you've pictured even an academician, researcher, or administrator at UNC rather than merely a factotum in the school's employ?

[photo deleted]

Yup.

Well, I'd like to read the source article that the Daily Caller (DC -- the blog you linked) refers to, but I cannot. Upon clicking on their link, I received the message noted below.

Not Found

Sorry, but the page you were trying to view does not exist. It looks like this was the result of either:
  • a mistyped address
  • n out-of-date link.

View attachment 79805

(This is DC's full link--http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_146718647596816&key=e7609c039c08d3ae00aebd97e6f0bffd&libId=iq0jwtbg010110e3000DL47z6crjy&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fdailycaller.com%2F2016%2F06%2F25%2Funiversity-of-north-carolina-christmas-vacation-is-a-microagression-now%2F%23ixzz4CwoZn5fM&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Femployeeforum.unc.edu%2Fcareer-corner-understanding-microaggressions%2F&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fthreads%2Fi-love-your-shoes-are-microagressions-golf-outings-and-the-words-boyfriend-also.506441%2F&title=UNC%20Chapel%20Hill%3A%20CHRISTMAS%20VACATION%20Is%20Microagression%20Now%20%7C%20The%20Daily%20Caller&txt=entitled%20%E2%80%9CCareer%20corner%3A%20Understanding%20microaggressions%E2%80%9D)​

I can't say much about the photo you pasted into your post other than that its source is noted as this: http://ccli.unc.edu/files/2013/07/DSC00771.jpg. I see what appears to be a July 2013 date in the hyperlink, and the publication date on the DC post is 26-June-2016. You don't even cite the woman's name. Neither does the DC post, which, moreover, does not contain the photo you included in your OP.

I see multiple returns from a Google search for "career corner understanding microaggressions," which is purportedly, according to the DC, the document in which UNC:
  • "instructs students that Christmas vacations and telling a woman “I love your shoes!” are “microagressions.”
  • "identifies golf outings and the words “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” as microagressions"
The curious confluence of observations above lead me to ask:
  • Is it just a matter of coincidence that the story no longer exists on UNC Chapel Hill's website, assuming it even did just a couple hours ago when you created this thread?
  • In light of the newness of the DC post, I have to wonder just where the DC writer got their story.
  • Is there even an actual source for the post's remarks? Is there even such a guide as the one the DC cites?
  • Is the woman whom you've pictured even an academician, researcher, or administrator at UNC rather than merely a factotum in the school's employ?

It's SOP at the Daily Caller. It's one of the most fucked up rightwing propaganda sites out there.

Apparently it was a blog post therefore one persons opinion. It seems to have been so mischaracterized and used to slam UNC that the author deleted it.

Once again proving that conservatives hate free speech and are the most PC group on the planet.

These people are really fucking stupid. No wonder our educational system sucks so badly in this country as our professors do such retarded shit. These people should be fired.

Don't you support Bernie Sanders free college tution plan so more can go to places you call stupid?

Apparently it was a blog post therefore one persons opinion. It seems to have been so mischaracterized and used to slam UNC that the author deleted it.

Once again proving that conservatives hate free speech and are the most PC group on the planet.

Yet a Liberal wrote the blog complaining that she has a problem with certain SPOKEN words. Typical hypocrite.

Yet a Liberal wrote the blog complaining that she has a problem with certain SPOKEN words. Typical hypocrite.
The scary thing is how the losers on the left make sense to each other.

Somehow their double talk and utter hypocrisy and bullshit PC crap all makes sense to each other.

It really is creepy.

Btw, can you tell if they believe in these microaggesssions? I see Mathew, the global warming guy, sees the absurdity. Good for him.

How about the rest of them?

These people are really fucking stupid. No wonder our educational system sucks so badly in this country as our professors do such retarded shit. These people should be fired.

Don't you support Bernie Sanders free college tution plan so more can go to places you call stupid?

Yes, but there's a big difference between getting a real education and some moron professor pushing crap like this.

Yes, but there's a big difference between getting a real education and some moron professor pushing crap like this.

It's moron professors like this that infest the universities. Sorry, not a good investment to me if the kid's own parents won't fund it for their own kid. Not my place to be one of those doing what those that should be doing it won't do.

The scary thing is how the losers on the left make sense to each other.

Somehow their double talk and utter hypocrisy and bullshit PC crap all makes sense to each other.

It really is creepy.

Btw, can you tell if they believe in these microaggesssions? I see Mathew, the global warming guy, sees the absurdity. Good for him.

How about the rest of them?

Ravi claims Republicans hate free speech yet this bitch complains when people exercise the right to do it.

Forum List

Back