I Love you American Folk's But...

Moderators have to be able to read and understand the posts!

Now you're talking complete revolution of this board. Ya radical.

Sorry, but the mods have already told you once that you are supposed to speak English on the board. If everyone is speaking different languages, then any moderation would be impossible. They rely on volunteers mostly and most of them are English speaking because United States Message Board is based in The United States, not because people from other countries cannot post here. They have to post in English or use Google translate, but you know what? We can clear this little disagreement up quite easily.

flacaltenn

Is English speaking only a rule or not?

come on Chris.. there is a such thing as the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. How is this really taking over the whole board if Dalia is discussing something just on this thread? The intent was to have a little fun and not take things over. besides... Google translate takes about 2 seconds. Now if Dalia had a past history of being a trouble maker then the context would be quite different[/QUOT:)

Thank you, i came here because i wanted to talk about the American election 2016 and i could not do it in French forum...Why ? because here in France people don't understand really what is going on in the USA since then i am very glad that i came here because i learn so much from you people and in the same time i bring some of my French culture :)

Sorry, but the mods have already told you once that you are supposed to speak English on the board. If everyone is speaking different languages, then any moderation would be impossible. They rely on volunteers mostly and most of them are English speaking because United States Message Board is based in The United States, not because people from other countries cannot post here. They have to post in English or use Google translate, but you know what? We can clear this little disagreement up quite easily.

flacaltenn

It is. Was officially added to the rules just awhile back. But it's been policy for a couple years. It was getting abused by native English speakers who wanted to flame.

In the case of NEW foreign members, we cut a bit of slack. Because we LIKE to host them if they are contributing content. But we work with them to decrease the occurrence of native language. For instance, I personally don't think that 2 Thais chatting on profiles in their language harms anything..

Pogo

Ha ha. :D Who was right? WHO WAS RIGHT, POGO? Say it. Say, "I apologize. ChrisL was right all along." :113:

What's that? You mean like you did here?

eagles-patriots-super-bowl-football-790ac8a5a5c9321a.jpg

The Patriots are amazing. Just the fact that they made it to the super bowl in back to back years is amazing. Don't be so envious of Tom Brady. It only makes you look little. :D

flacaltenn

come on Chris.. there is a such thing as the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. How is this really taking over the whole board if Dalia is discussing something just on this thread? The intent was to have a little fun and not take things over. besides... Google translate takes about 2 seconds. Now if Dalia had a past history of being a trouble maker then the context would be quite different

I'm not talking about Dalia. I'm talking about the posters who were saying they should be able to just speak any language they want to basically. Nope, you can't do that because it would make it difficult if not impossible to moderate, and if you allow ONE to do it, then all will want to.

Oh my GOD people would have to figure out a language they weren't familiar with
hair-fire.gif

Oh the humanity

I must say Chris, your Weltanschauung has a certain je ne sais quoi. Seems to be about Numero Uno. And furthermore, pizza.

First of all, moderators are volunteers. Most of them are not going to be fluent in ALL languages and don't have the time to google translate the many different languages that exist. Why are you such a PITA anyway? :D Do you just do this for the attention or is it some other problem?

flacaltenn

There's at least one mod I know of who claims his wife is French. He likes to claim my translations are off, although he never says exactly how (yet he's never pounced on me with an 'English only' rule). Which is another issue-- some linked articles may be in French or some other non-English language and need a translation. It would be less than honest to present such without the original so that it could be verified by skeptics.

Then there's the music. I've posted more music videos than I could count that have Portuguese lyrics and I usually provide both the original and the translation. I figure it helps the listener to know what's going on in the music and maybe relate to it a bit better. So sue me.

You can't draw these hard and fast lines that you seem to think languages are. If I post, "c'est la vie" or "déjà vu" are you gonna claim not to understand it? How 'bout "Gesundheit"? Or "arrivederci"? Or "ciao"?

Far as I know I'm the only poster here who spells the name of Hawaìi with the okina. Am I bustée?

I didn't draw any lines. I am not an administrator. I am just telling you how it is. :) It's not surprising that you put up such a tantrum over a simple request though. INDEED.

flacaltenn

It is. Was officially added to the rules just awhile back. But it's been policy for a couple years. It was getting abused by native English speakers who wanted to flame.

In the case of NEW foreign members, we cut a bit of slack. Because we LIKE to host them if they are contributing content. But we work with them to decrease the occurrence of native language. For instance, I personally don't think that 2 Thais chatting on profiles in their language harms anything..

Pogo

Ha ha. :D Who was right? WHO WAS RIGHT, POGO? Say it. Say, "I apologize. ChrisL was right all along." :113:

The Patriots are amazing. Just the fact that they made it to the super bowl in back to back years is amazing. Don't be so envious of Tom Brady. It only makes you look little. :D

Oh that's not it. I'm just recalling that for some five or six days after the game you were AWOL around here. Couldn't bear to show up after what I told you would happen, did happen.

:itsok:

Okay, I'll admit I'm envious that Marsha Brady gets to sit on his ass while everybody else is working.

flacaltenn

Pogo

Oh that's not it. I'm just recalling that for some five or six days after the game you were AWOL around here. Couldn't bear to show up after what I told you would happen, did happen.

Okay, I'll admit I'm envious that Marsha Brady gets to sit on his ass while everybody else is working.

I was busy living my life. I don't have to report here to you every day, do I?

Good grief, it's only a football game, Pogo. Tom Brady is still awesome. :thewave:

flacaltenn

Pogo

Brady is known as one of the hardest working QBs in the league. That is why he is so awesome. :D Let's face the facts, you really don't know anything about him, and you are just an irrational hater.

No days off? Tom Brady says he’ll work out all offseason

Pogo

Good grief, it's only a football game, Pogo. Tom Brady is still awesome. :thewave:

Funny you weren't living the same life leading up to the game then when you were predicting a win that would never come. Huh.

Pogo

Funny you weren't living the same life leading up to the game then when you were predicting a win that would never come. Huh.

What are you talking about? You think I was living another life before the game and after the game? Seriously? I am a fan of the Patriots, but their wins or losses don't really affect my life in any way. Lol! What is with you people anyways? Are you ALL out of your minds? :D Lol!

Pogo

I think you are taking this all a bit too seriously, seriously. Football is all about good fun, trash talk and all of that stuff. Some of you want to take it all too seriously and suck all the fun out of it. I tend to avoid your type of folks. :scared1:

I think you are taking this all a bit too seriously, seriously. Football is all about good fun, trash talk and all of that stuff. Some of you want to take it all too seriously and suck all the fun out of it. I tend to avoid your type of folks. :scared1:

Especially once the final score came in. Yeah I just said that.

I think you need pills or something. Lol. My life is exactly the same. :D Unfortunately, I don't get paid if the Pats win a super bowl. I also don't lose anything if they lose. Life is the same.

You are just angry because Tom Brady is good looking and a good quarterback. An irrational hater.

I think you need pills or something. Lol. My life is exactly the same. :D Unfortunately, I don't get paid if the Pats win a super bowl. I also don't lose anything if they lose. Life is the same.

You are just angry because Tom Brady is good looking and a good quarterback. An irrational hater.

I wouldn't know if Marsha is an "irrational hater" but I do know he's not real good at handing a football. Especially on that easy pass where he was wide open, and then a backup QB on the other team had to show him how it's done by running the same play a few minutes later for a TD. :rofl:

I wouldn't know if Marsha is an "irrational hater" but I do know he's not real good at handing a football. Especially on that easy pass where he was wide open, and then a backup QB on the other team had to show him how it's done by running the same play a few minutes later for a TD. :rofl:

Who the hell is Marsha? Did you take your old man pills this morning. You seem extra hateful today. :D

Forum List

Back