I Love you American Folk's But...

Like if I was to join a French speaking board and was speaking English. If you want to speak French, then join a board where that the is the language you speak. Otherwise . . . speaka da English.

Ah, go pahk da cah in Hahvahd Yahd. :meow:

Too bad. If we all were speaking different languages, communication would be difficult. If speaking another language is that important to you, I'm sure there are some forums out there where they are speaking other languages. This is United States Message Board where the vast majority of people speak or at least understand English. The rules make total sense.

Actually it's an international message board and the OP in this case is French. Speaking to someone in their native language is a courtesy. If it's meant for you as well --- it'll be in English.

No it is not. The name of it is United States Message Board, and there are rules that state you have to speak ENGLISH on this board.

No, there ain't. And if it's limited to the US how are we sitting in a thread created in France? I can think off the top of my head of several posters from Canada, Belize, Nicaragua, the UK, Germany, Austria, Australia, New Zealand, Czech Republic and a few other places.

There are all kinds of ways to communicate, including the nonverbal -- these for instance are not "English" either --

:113::45::4_13_65::ack-1::auiqs.jpg::beer::bow2::crybaby::eusa_doh::eusa_naughty::icon_cry:

--- nor are they French or any other language, yet they are communication.

As I said, if it's intended for you, it'll be in English. If it's not in English -- then it's probably not intended for you. Simple as that.

:udaman:
Like if I was to join a French speaking board and was speaking English. If you want to speak French, then join a board where that the is the language you speak. Otherwise . . . speaka da English.

Too bad. If we all were speaking different languages, communication would be difficult. If speaking another language is that important to you, I'm sure there are some forums out there where they are speaking other languages. This is United States Message Board where the vast majority of people speak or at least understand English. The rules make total sense.

Actually it's an international message board and the OP in this case is French. Speaking to someone in their native language is a courtesy. If it's meant for you as well --- it'll be in English.

No it is not. The name of it is United States Message Board, and there are rules that state you have to speak ENGLISH on this board.

No, there ain't. And if it's limited to the US how are we sitting in a thread created in France? I can think off the top of my head of several posters from Canada, Belize, Nicaragua, the UK, Germany, Austria, Australia, New Zealand, Czech Republic and a few other places.

There are all kinds of ways to communicate, including the nonverbal -- these for instance are not "English" either --

:113::45::4_13_65::ack-1::auiqs.jpg::beer::bow2::crybaby::eusa_doh::eusa_naughty::icon_cry:

As I said, if it's intended for you, it'll be in English. If it's not in English -- then it's probably not intended for you. Simple as that.
:udaman:

Keep up what you're doing Dalia. We'r all behind you.

J'aime la façon dont tu publies

Anyway, i glad i could talk more than one language i plan to go to Pompei Pompeii and Herculanum and then i say to myself i will try to learn of few word in Italian that what i did at least saying hello and other words.

Moderators have to be able to read and understand the posts!

Now you're talking complete revolution of this board. Ya radical.

Sorry, but the mods have already told you once that you are supposed to speak English on the board. If everyone is speaking different languages, then any moderation would be impossible. They rely on volunteers mostly and most of them are English speaking because United States Message Board is based in The United States, not because people from other countries cannot post here. They have to post in English or use Google translate, but you know what? We can clear this little disagreement up quite easily.

flacaltenn

Is English speaking only a rule or not?

Whether or not the post is intended for anyone in particular is not relevant to anything at all. The fact of the matter is that moderators cannot moderate posts that are written in foreign languages.

Keep up what you're doing Dalia. We'r all behind you.

J'aime la façon dont tu publies

No. "We" are not. This is an English speaking board for a reason. If you want to speak other languages, join another board where they speak that language. It's really as simple as that, whether that offends you or someone else doesn't really matter in any way, shape, or form.

That is a problem with Europeans. I dont know if it is their firm discrimination laws or their cultures but they always cut themselves off right before the talk gets good.
We can not say what we feel. I was involved in a page to support the Hallydays who were wronged by the inheritance of their father they were left without anything and with French law they should not be wronged but the mother-in-law to take advantage of the fact that they lived in the USA and it's his two adopted kids who will inherit everything at the end. but I only said that they were Chinese and I was Banned. Imagine it's racist to say they are Chinese. it's really big shit here in France

That is just ridiculous, to ban you for that! and to make up their mind about you so quickly over a few words... well, that does happen a lot here as well sometimes

Sorry, but the mods have already told you once that you are supposed to speak English on the board. If everyone is speaking different languages, then any moderation would be impossible. They rely on volunteers mostly and most of them are English speaking because United States Message Board is based in The United States, not because people from other countries cannot post here. They have to post in English or use Google translate, but you know what? We can clear this little disagreement up quite easily.

flacaltenn

come on Chris.. there is a such thing as the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. How is this really taking over the whole board if Dalia is discussing something just on this thread? The intent was to have a little fun and not take things over. besides... Google translate takes about 2 seconds. Now if Dalia had a past history of being a trouble maker then the context would be quite different

flacaltenn

come on Chris.. there is a such thing as the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. How is this really taking over the whole board if Dalia is discussing something just on this thread? The intent was to have a little fun and not take things over. besides... Google translate takes about 2 seconds. Now if Dalia had a past history of being a trouble maker then the context would be quite different

I'm not talking about Dalia. I'm talking about the posters who were saying they should be able to just speak any language they want to basically. Nope, you can't do that because it would make it difficult if not impossible to moderate, and if you allow ONE to do it, then all will want to.

flacaltenn

I'm not talking about Dalia. I'm talking about the posters who were saying they should be able to just speak any language they want to basically. Nope, you can't do that because it would make it difficult if not impossible to moderate, and if you allow ONE to do it, then all will want to.

awwww, why do i feel like the adult just entered the room ? :rolleyes:

flacaltenn

Someone needs to be an adult. Cripes! We have a whole bunch of over the hill children around here! It's just ridiculous and absurd.

flacaltenn

Someone needs to be an adult. Cripes! We have a whole bunch of over the hill children around here! It's just ridiculous and absurd.

did you mean Cripes or ......." Crepes !"

(LOL... sorry couldn't help myself)

Forum List

Back