I love when people talk about "equal rights" when it comes to gay marraige

then the 47% of youse who pay no federal taxes should start packing.

Nice myth you're still spouting off.

It is a myth that 47% don't pay federal income tax?

Who Doesn?t Pay Federal Taxes? - Graphic - NYTimes.com

About 35% doesn't pay federal income tax. And a vast majority of them make or send so little money when they do that they literally have no impact on the system.

This myth needs to die already.

Nice myth you're still spouting off.

About 35% doesn't pay federal income tax. And a vast majority of them make or send so little money when they do that they literally have no impact on the system.

Uh like the first line on your link says:

"46% of households did not pay any federal income tax in 2011"

It is unjust that people not contributing are the majority of the ones receiving the benefits of those who are.

This country asks the people who benifit to pay the cost of running the government.

I don't benefit from welfare, but I cam forced to pay for it. So that kinda backfired huh?

If you dont feel like you benifit from poor children being able to eat and have a house to sleep in and to go to school and get some medical treatment when they need it then I suggest you leave the country so you dont have to pay those taxes

You may have to live in some pretty poor country to avoid paying those same taxes you have to pay here.

You might be very comfortable and fit in quite nicely in hell.

I here the people there are there becuase they dont like the same things you dont like

Whatever man. You can believe in taxes and a welfare state, that is fine with me. I just don't agree with it. I think it is theft plain and simple and that is hurts freedom. I wish all the people like you who want a safety net could get together and contribute to it and use it if you need it and those of us who do not want one wouldn't be forced to contribute it one or permitted to benefit from it should our situations change.

but have zero problem with "equality" when it comes to some people having money taken from them and other having money given to them. That's some equality lulz

Equal equality = equal flat tax rate.

Sorry you're still stealing my labor.

" taxation, of the redistributive sort in which modern states engage in order to fund the various programs of the bureaucratic welfare state, is morally illegitimate. It amounts to a kind of forced labor, for the state so structures the tax system that any time you labor at all, a certain amount of your labor time – the amount that produces the wealth taken away from you forcibly via taxation – is time you involuntarily work, in effect, for the state. Indeed, such taxation amounts to partial slavery, for in giving every citizen an entitlement to certain benefits (welfare, social security, or whatever), the state in effect gives them an entitlement, a right, to a part of the proceeds of your labor, which produces the taxes that fund the benefits; every citizen, that is, becomes in such a system a partial owner of you (since they have a partial property right in part of you, i.e. in your labor). But this is flatly inconsistent with the principle of self-ownership."

"Our main conclusions about the state are that a minimal state, limited to the narrow functions of protection against force, theft, fraud, enforcement of contracts, and so on, is justified; that any more extensive state will violate persons' rights not to be forced to do certain things, and is unjustified; and that the minimal state is inspiring as well as right. Two noteworthy implications are that the state may not use its coercive apparatus for the purpose of getting some citizens to aid others, or in order to prohibit activities to people for their own good or protection."

I favor them having "equality" too. I favor government getting out of the marriage game completely. What I'm saying is that you frequently hear modern Democrats crying foul because gay people can't get married and straight people can, but you never hear them cry foul because some people are forced to contribute to the welfare state, while others are not made to contribute but only receive. IMO no welfare for anyone unless everyone contributes equally and everyone gets equal benefits, regardless of need.

I don't hear Republicans complain because some people are forced to contribute to a couple of wars.

Your illogic has giant holes in it.

You assume incorrectly that I am a Republican. I completely agree that we shouldn't maintain our current foreign policy. The word is "defense" not "offense".

I did not assume you are a Republican. I knew you were a Libertarian from your first post here. :D

But you painted people who want gay rights as wealth redistributing Democrats, and I am not a Democrat. So we're even. :lol:

Last edited:

It is unjust that people not contributing are the majority of the ones receiving the benefits of those who are.

Show me where in your world you would opt to get enough money out of poor people to support a stable government?

Show me where in your world you would opt to get enough money out of poor people to support a stable government?

Well, if you will permit me, let me ask you a question first so I can properly respond. What do you consider a stable government? I'm guessing the amount of money needed to run the government I have in mind is DRASTICALLY less than the one you wish to promote.

Whatever man. You can believe in taxes and a welfare state, that is fine with me. I just don't agree with it. I think it is theft plain and simple and that is hurts freedom. I wish all the people like you who want a safety net could get together and contribute to it and use it if you need it and those of us who do not want one wouldn't be forced to contribute it one or permitted to benefit from it should our situations change.

you can just leave then,

You see this country decided to be a compassionate country long ago.

we will NEVER be the country you want us to be.

Well, if you will permit me, let me ask you a question first so I can properly respond. What do you consider a stable government? I'm guessing the amount of money needed to run the government I have in mind is DRASTICALLY less than the one you wish to promote.

Drastically reduce the government, drastically reduce the power of the country. Or is that what you want?

you can just leave then,

You see this country decided to be a compassionate country long ago.

we will NEVER be the country you want us to be.

Well we were damn close at inception.

but have zero problem with "equality" when it comes to some people having money taken from them and other having money given to them. That's some equality lulz

Care to explain that logical fallacy further?

I'm hardcore conservative and favor gays having equality.

Basing "equality" on sexual choice is even dumber than basing it on skin color. The intelligent solution is to demand the government stop regulating marriage, not to expand their monitoring of people's actions.

No one is forced to pay taxes.

you have the freedom to leave.

This country asks the people who benifit to pay the cost of running the government.

if they dont want to the are free to leave.

I pay taxes.

I get the benifit of roads and schools along with many other great infrastructure investiments.

if you dont want to pay for them then you can leave and allow the people who do pay for them to benifit from their investiment in the country

By that logic we can end all pollution laws because no one is forced to breathe, they cal always leave.

Believe it or not, roads and bridges would exist even if the government did not pay for them, and everyone would still benefit from them. Pointing out that you benefit from roads in relation to taxes makes almost as much sense as pointing out that you benefit from the internet.

Forum List

Back