I Love When All Races Are Welcome With Open Arms

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Call the ACLU! They'll defend Mr. Parnell....ummmm....won't they?

Link: http://www.kget.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=89FECCFB-0323-4F0A-A7F2-CC44CE18A780

KGET-TV in California reports that a white social worker who wanted to attend a meeting of the National Association of Black Social Workers was told he was not welcome because of his skin pigment.

Bakersfield, Calif. social worker Brain Parnell wanted to attend the New Orleans meeting along with five of his colleagues because he often works with minority children. When he tried to enter, however, he was turned away.

“I approached the registration table and was greeted by a very friendly fellow who looked me in the eye and said, ‘Are you black?’” said Parnell. “I told him that I'm not and he told me that the conference was only for people who were black and so I wasn't able to register to attend the conference.”

“I was shocked,” said Parnell. “I was surprised that in 2005, I could be singled out because of the color of my skin.”

GotZoom said:
Call the ACLU! They'll defend Mr. Parnell....ummmm....won't they?

Link: http://www.kget.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=89FECCFB-0323-4F0A-A7F2-CC44CE18A780

KGET-TV in California reports that a white social worker who wanted to attend a meeting of the National Association of Black Social Workers was told he was not welcome because of his skin pigment.

Bakersfield, Calif. social worker Brain Parnell wanted to attend the New Orleans meeting along with five of his colleagues because he often works with minority children. When he tried to enter, however, he was turned away.

“I approached the registration table and was greeted by a very friendly fellow who looked me in the eye and said, ‘Are you black?’” said Parnell. “I told him that I'm not and he told me that the conference was only for people who were black and so I wasn't able to register to attend the conference.”

“I was shocked,” said Parnell. “I was surprised that in 2005, I could be singled out because of the color of my skin.”
Well what did he expect?

So say you're black and demand they prove otherwise. I just got a note from a place I applied to wanting to know my race, pursuant to Executive Order 11246. Funny, all the neocons are so insistent that 'race does not exist.' Someone forget to tell the President.

Forum List

Back