I love my dogs

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
I've always had dogs. Beagles, Labs, cockers shephards whatever. So when it was time for my daughter to pick out a family dog, I was not thrilled with her choice. Pomeranian. The kind of dog rich girls carry in their purses. But being a dad, I could try to persuade but failed to say No. We now have two Poms.
But you know what? They're great. They have been great for 14 years. They're smart, loyal, goofy and all that stuff that dogs are. Sometimes I just get off the couch and stand still fro a few minutes. They stare. Then they get excited. After all, SOMETHING exciting must be about to happen, right? Then they sit and tap their feet. Then they get excited. Repeat process. It's funny. My hope is that they live to be at least 16 or 17 so that my daughter is away at college when they pass away. It will hurt a little less for her then. Not for me. As resistant as I was to this breed, dogs are dogs.
But the next one will be a beagle...

I've always had dogs. Beagles, Labs, cockers shephards whatever. So when it was time for my daughter to pick out a family dog, I was not thrilled with her choice. Pomeranian. The kind of dog rich girls carry in their purses. But being a dad, I could try to persuade but failed to say No. We now have two Poms.
But you know what? They're great. They have been great for 14 years. They're smart, loyal, goofy and all that stuff that dogs are. Sometimes I just get off the couch and stand still fro a few minutes. They stare. Then they get excited. After all, SOMETHING exciting must be about to happen, right? Then they sit and tap their feet. Then they get excited. Repeat process. It's funny. My hope is that they live to be at least 16 or 17 so that my daughter is away at college when they pass away. It will hurt a little less for her then. Not for me. As resistant as I was to this breed, dogs are dogs.
But the next one will be a beagle...

I just love dogs, period. I don't think I'd want a itty-bitty one OR a ginormous one? But I dunno. I love dogs.

Same here.

I will always have a dog or two or three in my life.

Who couldn't love a dog??

Check out this handsome devil. This is my dog Buster. He's the neighborhood badass until a thunderstorm hits.

Attachments

• $busty.jpg
    $busty.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 68
Check out this handsome devil. This is my dog Buster. He's the neighborhood badass until a thunderstorm hits.

he iws beautiful.

I had a bordercollie /aussie mix that looked much like that.

Man she was a awesome dog.

still miss her.

he iws beautiful.

I had a bordercollie /aussie mix that looked much like that.

Man she was a awesome dog.

still miss her.

Thanks. Buster was abandoned five years ago. Someone out there has no idea what a great dog they are missing. He is Lab/Border Collie mix the best I can figure based on his appearance and manorisms.

that looks azbout right to me from the picture.

BCs are like having a kid arround they are sooo smart

My wife and daughter went shopping and I decided I would groom the dogs that day. This is what happened.
They haven't let me near the scissors or the shears since...
You have to click and maximize the photo to appreciate the art I created.

Attachments

• $Pets.JPG
    $Pets.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 60

My wife and daughter went shopping and I decided I would groom the dogs that day. This is what happened.

wow, the one lying down appears to be smiling.

I think keeping you away from the sharp objects is a good idea.

wow, the one lying down appears to be smiling.

I think keeping you away from the sharp objects is a good idea.

LOL! Yeah you're probably right! And yet, I still go to the academy for fencing bouts (epee) once in a while. But then, they do have those blunted or electronic tips on them...

I thought they looked GREAT! But my wife has to walk them when I'm at the office and apparently, did not like hearing people laugh hysterically every time she walked by them.

:lol: The dog on the right looks pissed.

LOL! Yeah probably for good reason. When he stood on all fours, he was a perfect square shape so he looked like a brick with a dogface at one ed and a tail at the other.

Again, I'm not allowed anywhere near the scissors....

Oh wow, the one on the right looks pissed, and I don't blame him! I think I'd still sleep with one eye open...

My terrier holds grudges. If you tick her off, she will wait but eventually she will get a chance to pay you back...

That's exactly what I thought!

Oh wow, the one on the right looks pissed, and I don't blame him! I think I'd still sleep with one eye open...

My terrier holds grudges. If you tick her off, she will wait but eventually she will get a chance to pay you back...

It may not be a coincidence that the next time I put on my Italian loafers, there was pee in one of them....

I really got curious to know about the Pomeranian. I love them but only thing that I don't like that
they are associated with nerds. :(
Its becomes embarrassing for me if I take my Pom outside to my friends. They walk with their bulldogs,
huskies.

Forum List

Back