I love it...

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
VOTE OR DIE failed miserably, I can't tell you how happy that makes me. It also shows me that there's a little bit of hope for my generation, I would've been sad if a dude named Puff Daddy was able to become Generation Y's (or whatever you want to call us) most prominent political figure. The results of the election didn't satisfy me nearly as much as this.

And, so nobody gets mad, I'm not gloating that young people don't vote, but the whole VOTE OR DIE campaign pissed me off for a few reasons from day one:

1) It's called VOTE OR DIE. I mean, really.
2) It's run by Puff Daddy. Give me one reason why I shouldn't believe that this dude isn't in it solely for the publicity and money. There's been no evidence prior to this showing that Puffy had any interest in politics whatsoever. I mean, this is a guy who cashed in on Notorious BIG's death for like three albums.
3) You know it wasn't a matter of "we want young people to vote" so much as "we want young people to vote for the guy we support". The fact that MTV was trying so hard to be politically relevant is just more proof of how far MTV has changed from what it originally represented.

To: Hollywierd

We pay you to act like other people. Do your job.

To: Mainstream Musical "Artists"

We're not sure what we pay you for. Give us our money back.

Forum List

Back