I love it! Preview confronts Al Gore

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGaHiWDZRNY"]YouTube - Preview: 'The Factor' Confronts Al Gore[/ame]

Watch how fast Al Gore tries to get out of there! :lol:

Remember before when Al Gore tried to bully anyone who didn't agree with him, with his "consensus" BS and calling them "deniers" like they were holocaust deniers? :lol:

Now he's left with running away from people who ask questions. Al Gore is such a pompous fraud.

Last edited:
Ya, but he invented the internet. :rolleyes:

That little scam made the man a lot of money and fooled a lot of people. He is probably praying for gobal warming now to save his reputation. Personally, I think a little global warming would be a good thing.

I didn't get too much out of that. It was a good imitation of Michael Moore on part of the "journalist" or whatever he was. I don't care if you're on the far left or far right, the smart thing IS to get out of such a situation as fast as possible, particularly when you don't trust how your comments will be edited.

That little scam made the man a lot of money and fooled a lot of people. He is probably praying for gobal warming now to save his reputation. Personally, I think a little global warming would be a good thing.

The only scam in the Al Gore/Internet issue is the claim that Al Gore said that he invented the Internet.

Al Gore did not claim that he invented the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted in that fashion. The "Al Gore invented the Internet" put-downs were intentionally misleading, out-of-context distortions of something Gore said during a Wolf Blitzer interview on CNN's "Late Edition" on March 9, 1999. When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore said:

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

While his phrasing may have been a little clumsy, clearly Al Gore was not claiming he "invented" the Internet but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development of the technology that produced what we now know as the Internet.

Much of what I have written here was taken directly from the following link:

snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet

Of course, the Right immediately seized upon this comment and mischaracterized it in an attempt to discredit Al Gore - an attempt that has succeeded quite well. The fact remains that he never said this.

YouTube - Preview: 'The Factor' Confronts Al Gore

Remember before when Al Gore tried to bully anyone who didn't agree with him, with his "consensus" BS and calling them "deniers" like they were holocaust deniers? :lol:

Now he's left with running away from people who ask questions. Al Gore is such a pompous fraud.

Nice try, but no dice.

how about a die?

OK - possibly one; but NOT TWO! ;)

I'll give you that, regardless of whether it is ambush journalism or not, and regardless of the party of the victim, it just doesn't look good for any politician to be ducking questions.

The only scam in the Al Gore/Internet issue is the claim that Al Gore said that he invented the Internet.

Al Gore did not claim that he invented the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted in that fashion. The "Al Gore invented the Internet" put-downs were intentionally misleading, out-of-context distortions of something Gore said during a Wolf Blitzer interview on CNN's "Late Edition" on March 9, 1999. When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore said:

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

While his phrasing may have been a little clumsy, clearly Al Gore was not claiming he "invented" the Internet but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development of the technology that produced what we now know as the Internet.

Of course, the Right immediately seized upon this comment and mischaracterized it in an attempt to discredit Al Gore - an attempt that has succeeded quite well. The fact remains that he never said this.

Thanks...Probably EVERYBODY already knew this info...Funny how you attack this like it has never happened to anyone else before. But it makes a good point...it sucks when people claim something was said that really wasn't, doesn't it?

What is interesting is that in context, he seems to be saying that he invented the Internet.

BLITZER: I want to get to some of the substance of domestic and international issues in a minute, but let's just wrap up a little bit of the politics right now.

Why should Democrats, looking at the Democratic nomination process, support you instead of Bill Bradley, a friend of yours, a former colleague in the Senate? What do you have to bring to this that he doesn't necessarily bring to this process?

GORE: Well, I will be offering -- I'll be offering my vision when my campaign begins. And it will be comprehensive and sweeping. And I hope that it will be compelling enough to draw people toward it. I feel that it will be.

But it will emerge from my dialogue with the American people. I've traveled to every part of this country during the last six years. During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.

During a quarter century of public service, including most of it long before I came into my current job, I have worked to try to improve the quality of life in our country and in our world. And what I've seen during that experience is an emerging future that's very exciting, about which I'm very optimistic, and toward which I want to lead.

YouTube - Preview: 'The Factor' Confronts Al Gore

God it's so easy to stop Oreilly from using the clips of the attack interviews. Whenever you see his minion Griff coming up to you just repeat, "I want to know about Mr. Oreilly's luffa problem." The interview will never see the air. Or you can just have the facts and abuse his interviewer like this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsl7JTA2Qro]YouTube - Bill Moyers smacks O'Reilly's attack dog[/ame]

Interesting that you people are still obsessed with Al Gore. Gore is a very successful businessman, and the man that won the popular vote for President in the 2000 Presidential race. He also presented the scientists message on global warming in layman's terms. And did so well enough to make the most shown documentary in history.

The present message on global warming is now from many sources. From Thomas Friedman, to almost all the scientists in the world, no matter what country or culture they are from. There is an overwhelming consensus, all Scientific Societies, all National Academies of Science, and all major Universities now accept and warn of the danger of anthropogenic global warming.

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Scientific Consensus on Global Warming | Union of Concerned Scientists

Logicalscience.com - The Consensus On Global Warming/Climate Change: From Science to Industry & Religion

Forum List

Back