I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

My guess is, he calculated that since 75% of Catholics think the CHurch is off base on its rigid view on Birth Control, he probably hasn't got that much to lose politically.

If that's what he's calculating - he's dead wrong.

This is a serious issue that is being preached in our churches and is being communicated to parishoners - DAILY. In this state (Virginia) a letter by the Bishops of Richmond and Arlington was sent to all 700,000 Catholics. http://www.vacatholic.org/documents/HHSMandate-BishopsLetter-Jan2012.pdf
The letter is being circultated, blogged, and discussed/supported in this State's Catholic community.

Similar letters have been sent in diocese across the country.

The message is loud and clear - this is an attack on our religion.

Obama has done some stupid things - this is probably the dumbest one yet.

I haven't talked to one Catholic yet who has told me that this is a big issue to them. And nearly all of my relatives are Catholics (I'm not), two of them are actually employed by the Church and would be directly effected by this policy.

I haven't talked to one Catholic yet who has told me that this is a big issue to them.

Well, I surely have. Lots of them.

In fact, this is the only issue we're talking about. And it's a huge issue to us.

But thanks for your input anyhow, as ignorant as it is.

While Obama tries to act like Jesus endorses him, the Church is having NONE OF IT!

Just off Drudge right now:

It is about time one Church stood up and said "Oh no you don't!" I applaud. :clap2:

Get this one!

CATHOLIC LEAGUE POISED TO GO TO WAR WITH OBAMA OVER MANDATORY BIRTH CONTROL

Donahue says 70 million of his voters poised to alter Presidential Election

Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments « CBS New York

This just made my morning!

:dance:

Well, if you knew a lot of real Catholics, you wouldn't be impressed.

Most Catholics support a woman's right to control her own body. 69% of Catholic women have used the pill at some point in their lives. 98% of sexually active Catholic women use some form of brith control. 75% of Catholics think the Church should change its stance on brith control and a whopping 47% even support the right to an abortion.

Many Catholics Reject Church Ban on Birth Control, Condoms for HIV Prevention; New Pope Unlikely To Have Differing Views

If you don't think Obama's boys haven't poll tested this one six ways to Sunday and figured out that the only people that were really not going to be on his side on this were the kind of prudes who vote Republican anyway, then you are deluding yourself.

You underestimate. I'm Catholic, but I support a woman's right to control her own body. But I also support the Catholic Church in the fight with Obama. Obama way over-stepped his bounds here.

No one threatened "fighting in the streets"... what the Bishop said was "“This is going to be fought out with lawsuits, with court decisions, and, dare I say it, maybe even in the streets,”

And he's right. If the Church called for Catholics to protest in the streets - like OWS and the TEA Parties - Catholics will come out. Those of us who practice our faith... and that's millions of Americans.... we'll protest it.

And, I would put good money on other faiths coming out to join us. Don't piss off the believers. We will have our First Amendment Rights.

While Obama tries to act like Jesus endorses him, the Church is having NONE OF IT!

Just off Drudge right now:

It is about time one Church stood up and said "Oh no you don't!" I applaud. :clap2:

Get this one!

Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments « CBS New York

This just made my morning!

:dance:

[/B][/B]

Well, if you knew a lot of real Catholics, you wouldn't be impressed.

Most Catholics support a woman's right to control her own body. 69% of Catholic women have used the pill at some point in their lives. 98% of sexually active Catholic women use some form of brith control. 75% of Catholics think the Church should change its stance on brith control and a whopping 47% even support the right to an abortion.

Many Catholics Reject Church Ban on Birth Control, Condoms for HIV Prevention; New Pope Unlikely To Have Differing Views

If you don't think Obama's boys haven't poll tested this one six ways to Sunday and figured out that the only people that were really not going to be on his side on this were the kind of prudes who vote Republican anyway, then you are deluding yourself.

You underestimate. I'm Catholic, but I support a woman's right to control her own body. But I also support the Catholic Church in the fight with Obama. Obama way over-stepped his bounds here.

Yep.

I haven't talked to one Catholic yet who has told me that this is a big issue to them.

Well, I surely have. Lots of them.

In fact, this is the only issue we're talking about. And it's a huge issue to us.

But thanks for your input anyhow, as ignorant as it is.

But that's the point. You are talking to people who were going to vote Against Obama anyway.

So if they weren't mad about this, they'd be mad about something else.

75% of American Catholics think the Church's position on birth control is wrong. This is not one the Church is going to win politically because it's own membership is already against them.

Some serious wishful thinking going on here.

I know. Obama and some of you clowns actually think this isn't a big deal amongst Catholics.

Talk about blatant ignorance.

Laughable.

Ok, hold it, time out.

Warrior, you're defending this? You're not actually saying you're Catholic, or even religious, in any way...

.... are you?

Perhaps the most vile, arrogant, hateful, consistently and dependably vulgar poster on this board is claiming to be a Christian?

Yikes. You can't make this stuff up.

No one threatened "fighting in the streets"... what the Bishop said was "“This is going to be fought out with lawsuits, with court decisions, and, dare I say it, maybe even in the streets,”

And he's right. If the Church called for Catholics to protest in the streets - like OWS and the TEA Parties - Catholics will come out. Those of us who practice our faith... and that's millions of Americans.... we'll protest it.

And, I would put good money on other faiths coming out to join us. Don't piss off the believers. We will have our First Amendment Rights.

March for Life in Washingon, D.C. is a great example

Some serious wishful thinking going on here.

I know. Obama and some of you clowns actually think this isn't a big deal amongst Catholics.

Talk about blatant ignorance.

Laughable.

Ok, hold it, time out.

Warrior, you're defending this? You're not actually saying you're Catholic, or even religious, in any way...

.... are you?

Perhaps the most vile, arrogant, hateful, consistently and dependably vulgar poster on this board is claiming to be a Christian?

Yikes. You can't make this stuff up.

That's the beauty of being a Catholic - I can call you an assbrain or dicklips all day long - and go to confession.

I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

Yet you spamaroided the board for months over every last thing that came out of the OWS camps.

:rolleyes:

Astonishing.

What's even more astonishing is a snake-charming heathen like you in a thread discussing Catholicism.

It's like you discussing the military - another topic you know dick about, as you never had the patriotism to serve your country.

Yes, astonishing indeed.

I'm a Catholic who thinks that the hard core pro-life/anti-birth control Catholics are nuts.

So why is it an article of your faith to try to impose your beliefs on others?

If you are against birth control, so be it. That really doesn't give you the right to impose that belief on the 75% of Catholics who think it's a crock of shit or anyone who took a job with a Chuch-owned company who might not even be Catholic.

I wish the church had shown this much passion about weeding out the pedophiles in their clergy.

I'm a Catholic who thinks that the hard core pro-life/anti-birth control Catholics are nuts.

CINO.

It's not about abortion, or birth control. It's about the First Amendment. Either you support the First Amendment or you do not. If you do not, say so. That's fine. It's apparent that the Constitution is an inconvenience to Liberals. Obama said so. It stops y'all from 'fundamentally transforming' America. Thank God.

Why is the Catholic Church so upset? One reason maybe the long term approach the Catholic Church and all organized religions have, that being the more holders of their beliefs, the more power the church has. I don't think of organized religions as much different than a political party. For example more Catholics equal more Catholic voters (true for Jews and Mormons, etc. etc.) and allows for more power and control over the masses (no pun intended); this is what gives a member of the clergy legitimacy.

Consider, the money placed in the poor box or baskets passed during services doesn't all end up feeding the poor, and the money saved by not paying income tax and real estate tax doesn't all end up feeding the poor. Have sex and multiply, for only then can they exercise power and control at election time. Hence the open opposition to birth control and gay/lesbian marriage.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back