I love it! CHURCH VOWS WAR ON OBAMA 'FIGHT IN STREETS'

teapartysamurai

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2010
While Obama tries to act like Jesus endorses him, the Church is having NONE OF IT!

Just off Drudge right now:

It is about time one Church stood up and said "Oh no you don't!" I applaud. :clap2:

Get this one!

CATHOLIC LEAGUE POISED TO GO TO WAR WITH OBAMA OVER MANDATORY BIRTH CONTROL

Donahue says 70 million of his voters poised to alter Presidential Election

Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments « CBS New York

This just made my morning!

:dance:

My vision on this is Obama stamping his feet and throwing tantrum...

Sheesh yet another large segment of the population turning their backs on the golden child..

Yeah....I can see all the believers rioting in the streets because they are going to be forced to get the birth control that most of them use as a covered expense in the insurance plan that they pay for. This will surely be the last straw!

Look out, liberals! The Catholics are coming!

While Obama tries to act like Jesus endorses him, the Church is having NONE OF IT!

It is about time one Church stood up and said "Oh no you don't!" I applaud. :clap2:

Get this one!

Catholic League Poised To Go To War With Obama Over Mandatory Birth Control Payments « CBS New York

I think we all anticipated something like this would happen,

Get this one!

Well, if you knew a lot of real Catholics, you wouldn't be impressed.

Most Catholics support a woman's right to control her own body. 69% of Catholic women have used the pill at some point in their lives. 98% of sexually active Catholic women use some form of brith control. 75% of Catholics think the Church should change its stance on brith control and a whopping 47% even support the right to an abortion.

Many Catholics Reject Church Ban on Birth Control, Condoms for HIV Prevention; New Pope Unlikely To Have Differing Views

If you don't think Obama's boys haven't poll tested this one six ways to Sunday and figured out that the only people that were really not going to be on his side on this were the kind of prudes who vote Republican anyway, then you are deluding yourself.

Threatens fighting in the streets?
They will no doubt pull out their IED's (Improvised Ecumenical Directives)
They must be worse than the OWS bunch.

Last edited:

Get this one!

Stop worshiping Obama. Why do you keep thinking he's Jesus or "The Messiah"?

Yeah....I can see all the believers rioting in the streets because they are going to be forced to get the birth control that most of them use as a covered expense in the insurance plan that they pay for. This will surely be the last straw!

The Catholics are coming! Man... that actually used to be pretty scary back in the spanish Inquisition days and earlier, when they went out and murdered people for having different faiths or being different.

The Catholics are coming! Man... that actually used to be pretty scary back in the spanish Inquisition days and earlier, when they went out and murdered people for having different faiths or being different.

they still do, they just use the US military now for their dirty work.

My vision on this is Obama stamping his feet and throwing tantrum...

Sheesh yet another large segment of the population turning their backs on the golden child..

Your visions is apparently clouded. The catholic church is already stomping its feet and throwing a tantrum.

Not sure what the big deal is. Catholics who voted for Obama knew he was pro choice, and they voted for him anyway.

Maybe some Catholics aren't so devout, huh?

I think the thing is, the Catholic Bishops are not frothing conservatives like the Evangelicals and the Mormons. On a lot of issues, they are more in line with the Democrats. Immigration Reform being one (although it's because most of the illegals are catholics).

This is picking a fight, absolutely. But Obama was caught in between a rock and a hard place. He either offends the bishops or he offends the women's movement. And as the Komen fiasco proved, this simply isn't a fight you want to be on the wrong side of.

My guess is, he calculated that since 75% of Catholics think the CHurch is off base on its rigid view on Birth Control, he probably hasn't got that much to lose politically.

The constitutional issue might be where the Church might be able to fight this. But Obama has pushed off court fights by delaying implementation until 2013.

Not sure what the big deal is. Catholics who voted for Obama knew he was pro choice, and they voted for him anyway.

Maybe some Catholics aren't so devout, huh?

My guess is, he calculated that since 75% of Catholics think the CHurch is off base on its rigid view on Birth Control, he probably hasn't got that much to lose politically.

The constitutional issue might be where the Church might be able to fight this. But Obama has pushed off court fights by delaying implementation until 2013.

Yup, I suspect those two points are at the heart of this, and I suspect anyone who is hoping this is going to somehow turn the 2012 Catholic vote is wishing a bit too hard.

If that's what he's calculating - he's dead wrong.

This is a serious issue that is being preached in our churches and is being communicated to parishoners - DAILY. In this state (Virginia) a letter by the Bishops of Richmond and Arlington was sent to all 700,000 Catholics. http://www.vacatholic.org/documents/HHSMandate-BishopsLetter-Jan2012.pdf
The letter is being circultated, blogged, and discussed/supported in this State's Catholic community.

Similar letters have been sent in diocese across the country.

The message is loud and clear - this is an attack on our religion.

Obama has done some stupid things - this is probably the dumbest one yet.

This is a serious issue that is being preached in our churches and is being communicated to parishoners - DAILY.

Right up there with virginity until marriage. Have you seen those catholic school girls lately? Pure, wholesome, teenage saints.

Forum List

Back