I love how you Repub's

bigdaddygtr

Aug 28, 2008
think this whole thing is gonna spin on Obama and your absolutely dead wrong. Obama has already said, "Good President's can do more than one thing at a time," which means he doesn't have to "suspend" his campaign. But, I guess I understand why McSame does, because its not like he can rely on Palin to take over or anything. She actually has to meet with the media first

I know how to deal with Russia because you can see it from Alaska :clap2:

Can't wait to get some more Palinisms when she actually has to talk

think this whole thing is gonna spin on Obama and your absolutely dead wrong. Obama has already said, "Good President's can do more than one thing at a time," which means he doesn't have to "suspend" his campaign. But, I guess I understand why McSame does, because its not like he can rely on Palin to take over or anything. She actually has to meet with the media first

Then why didn't he simply agree to go to DC with McCain yesterday?

Bush calls Obama yesterday:

Bush: Jump!

Obama: How high?

This is the most critical financial/economic situation since the 1930's. Warren Buffet has stated this could be the Pearl Harbor of our economy.

We have one "absent" senator bent on promoting his own campaign through this financial disaster, & the other who went back to Washington D.C. to roll up his sleves--to insure that we do not head into a depression that would lbe the likes of the 1930's.

Of course, ALL of this brought on by the liberal agenda, that our financial institutions loan out money to people who could not afford to pay it back.

There are some politicians that use the word "change" to promote their own careers, & then there are others that use their careers to promote change.

Then why didn't he simply agree to go to DC with McCain yesterday?

Bush calls Obama yesterday:

Bush: Jump!

Obama: How high?

did he say how high really? or did he, at the invitation of the President, agree to sit in on a meeting about the bailout...probably based on the fact that Obama is the only one of the two who has publically spoken out about what MUST be included in this package to get it passed. McCain can't even say if he'll vote for it yet.

Funny, Bush thought Obama's presence was needed even though McCain was supposedly already on his way... why not just ignore Obama and have the meeting with McCain? oh, that's right...cuz McCain is a dipshit who backpeddles his ass off after he says and does stupid shit.

McCain isn't running the show ya know. McCain wants to be seen as in charge and really he just comes off as pathetic. Everyone outside the party faithful see this move as pure strategy and nothing to do with his faux concern about the economy....an economy that just 10 days ago he said was fundamentally strong... :badgrin:

Warren Buffet has stated this could be the Pearl Harbor of our economy.

well which is it? the 9/11 or the pearl harbor?

This whole scare tactic bullshit is really tiring.

Last edited:
did he say how high really? or did he, at the invitation of the President, agree to sit in on a meeting about the bailout...probably based on the fact that Obama is the only one of the two who has publically spoken out about what MUST be included in this package to get it passed. McCain can't even say if he'll vote for it yet.

Funny, Bush thought Obama's presence was needed even though McCain was supposedly already on his way... why not just ignore Obama and have the meeting with McCain? oh, that's right...cuz McCain is a dipshit who backpeddles his ass off after he says and does stupid shit.

McCain isn't running the show ya know. McCain wants to be seen as in charge and really he just comes off as pathetic. Everyone outside the party faithful see this move as pure strategy and nothing to do with his faux concern about the economy....an economy that just 10 days ago he said was fundamentally strong... :badgrin:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

And the truth shall set you free

This is the most critical financial/economic situation since the 1930's. Warren Buffet has stated this could be the Pearl Harbor of our economy.

We have one "absent" senator bent on promoting his own campaign through this financial disaster, & the other who went back to Washington D.C. to roll up his sleves--to insure that we do not head into a depression that would lbe the likes of the 1930's.

Of course, ALL of this brought on by the liberal agenda, that our financial institutions loan out money to people who could not afford to pay it back.

There are some politicians that use the word "change" to promote their own careers, & then there are others that use their careers to promote change.

And BTW, what does McCain intend to do once he gets to Washington? Admit again, "I don't know much about the economy." You are so unbelievably blind or dumb

Obama going to meet with Bush so he can be handed the torch. Prepare for the next four to be like the last eight. More credit crisis ahead. Bank on that.

"I should mention how glad my fellow Democrats and I were to have our nominee for president here to vote on these important bills. Senator Obama has come to work and taken tough stands. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Senator McCain," Reid said. "Perhaps taking tough stands on important issues is not part of Senator McCain's campaign strategy. Perhaps he's just too busy on the campaign trail to do his day job."
Harry Reid in July

"It would not be helpful at this time to have them come back during these negotiations and risk injecting presidential politics into this process or distract important talks about the future of our nation’s economy. If that changes, we will call upon them. We need leadership; not a campaign photo op."
Harry Reid Sept 24th 2008

So let me see if I get this right, when it's not an advantage for Obama the Democratic congressional leadership is screaming that John McCain should be in the Seante doing is job , just like Barack Obama, and then when something comes up that is likely one of the biggest issues to come across congress in a very long time and McCain comes to congress it's now not needed? I see, well I wonder if Barack Obama has done the same thing would we be touting his " extensive working for the middle class" record right now? You can't have it both way's democrats, you need to blame your leadership. As a matter of fact, I don't see any indication where John McCain has said he wants to cancel the debate, I do see where he wants to push it back till this economic issue is settled. Is it perhaps the Obama campaign got outmanuvered and are now trying to make it appear like a debate holds more sway than out ENTIRE economy, listen yourselves, a debate can be held anytime. I think they both need to be in Washington right now. Now, I am sure one or many of you are going to come back with, John McCain does not sit on any banking committee, however you seem to forget he is a Senior member of the republican caucus and as such can have access to proceedings that are taking place on the Hill. Yes, he cannot question witnesses in the banking committee hearings however, he can as a Senior Senator submit questions though his caucus and he can speak directly with the Fed. Chairman and the Treasury Sec.

Forum List

Back