I love cheesey horror/sci-fi/action flicks.

[
ONe of the best buys I did was the "50 Horror Classics" There are about 3-5 "good" bad old films. maybe a half dozen sleeper classics and the rest is craptastic to craptastic fun.

I mean, really. for a buck a movie here are highlights of I got:

Night of the Living Dead
House on Haunted Hill
Last Man on Earth
Dementia 13
Carnival of Souls
The Terror
Metropolis (yes THAT Metropolis)

That is a great deal.

Great thing too though, is you can get all those movies on youtube.

I've watched some on there too. Youtube is also great to take advantage of all the silent films you might not be able to get otherwise.
I know. But I have only one thing to say to that...

Dialup.

i know that this is more 80s Ninja cheese than 70s kung fu but... Sho Kosugi movies are GREAT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCsIklUii_Y]YouTube - Baddest Fight Scenes EVER! - Revenge of the Ninja[/ame]

I'm still trying to find a dvd copy of an old movie called Power Force

[
ONe of the best buys I did was the "50 Horror Classics" There are about 3-5 "good" bad old films. maybe a half dozen sleeper classics and the rest is craptastic to craptastic fun.

Night of the Living Dead
House on Haunted Hill
Last Man on Earth
Dementia 13
Carnival of Souls
The Terror

That is a great deal.

Great thing too though, is you can get all those movies on youtube.

I've watched some on there too. Youtube is also great to take advantage of all the silent films you might not be able to get otherwise.
Yeah, I also like tangible items for paying for em. Just a failing of mine. Then again, I now go to "Half Price Books" and get the same collections once 50 bucks... for 15. hee hee hee.

Try "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price from the early 60's.

Fantastically creepy film with a nasty ending. Back when horror movies could HAVE nasty endings. Production values so poor you want to cry, but Vincent is always a treasure.

Another classic Price film. That's also one of the things I enjoy about classic horror movies. The hero didn't always win.

I've seen all these films and probably then some. :lol:

Night of the Living Dead
House on Haunted Hill
Last Man on Earth
Dementia 13
Carnival of Souls
The Terror

My favorite Zombie movie is Night of the Comet, love the 80's horror movies. :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLx05OjQjVo]YouTube - The Green Slime 1969 Trailer & TV Spot[/ame]

Draculaaaa :cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nfmh178L98]YouTube - Dracula (1931) Trailer[/ame]

:lol:

The music in some of them goes a long way.

What made the Thing remake was the really chilling score that went with it.

Its also what makes Forbidden Planent one of the best sci fi movies ever.

I ask why?
Why?
Why?
Why?

Why do the folks have to mess with a good Thing. ( pun intended )

THE THING (2010) - PREVIEW

OUR HANDY THE THING PREQUEL FAQ

Here’s what we know about the highly-anticipated Thing prequel thus far:

- It starts filming on March 15 this year in Toronto. No release date has been set as yet, but a late 2010 release date is possible.

- No actors have been cast as yet.

- It is directed by Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.

- What else did he direct? Um, commercials . . .

- The new movie is simply known as “The Thing” – for now. The title can obviously be changed closer to its final release date.

- It is indeed a prequel and not a sequel or a remake.

- It is set at the doomed Norwegian Antarctic base we saw at the beginning of the 1982 movie. It focuses on the group of scientists that thawed out the shape-shifting alien “Thing” from the ice and got killed for their efforts.

- Script writer Eric Heisserer said in an interview that they went to great lengths to be faithful to the events depicted in the original movie:

“It’s a really fascinating way to construct a story because were doing it by autopsy, by examining very, very closely everything we know about the Norwegian camp and about the events that happened there from photos and video footage that’s recovered from a visit to the base. The director, producer and I have gone through it countless times marking, you know, there’s a fire axe in the door, we have to account for that . . . were having to reverse engineer it, so those details all matter to us ‘cause it all has to make sense.”

- Here’s the official plot synopsis:

“In a remote Antarctica outpost, an alien spaceship is discovered far beneath the ice. When a group of ambitious scientists decide to thaw out one of the creatures inside, they're in for the terrifying fight of their lives . . .”

- Eric Heisserer has rewritten the screenplay by Ronald D. Moore (who did the recent Battlestar Galactica revival).

- Rumors have it that Moore’s draft featured the brother of R.J. MacReady, who was played by Kurt Russell in the first film. This character is no longer in the new movie.

- It may be a Norwegian base, but in fact only one of the three main characters is actually Norwegian. The other two are both English-speaking and one is American.

- So who are all the characters? Dark Horizons provided the following handy synopsis:

“There's the 40-something expedition leader, a greedy scientist with plans to use the creature for fame and fortune. There's the ruggedly handsome 30-something pilot/mercenary who reminds the lead girl of her father and becomes her partner. Then there's the girl herself whose at constantly at odds with the expedition leader and becomes the woman who must stop the Thing's potential escape to the outside.”

This is BOGUS!
Leave one of my favorite horror films alone!

Why does there ALWAYS have to be a woman/love story angle in EVERY HORROR MOVIE now adays? Can't we just have a PURE horror movie? By the way nobody answered my question about movies that are more GRUSOME than scary or replyed about Kolchek the Night Stalker, does anyone else remember that show from the 70s?

Forum List

Back