I love Canada

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
I don't care about politics, Canada is an amazing country.

The chips are better: If you disagree, get back to me after you have tasted a few.

The chocolate is better: If you like the overly sweet stuff in the US, then this does not apply to you. For the rest of us who like the taste of chocolate and not the sugar, Canadian chocolate is very much like English chocolate, which, really, is the best. Spot on... LOL

Though their highways/freeways may not be as extenstive or as easy to commute as ours, given their topography, they have a damn good system. And yes, I will pay 5 to take the toll road to Kamloops!!

Litter? Next...

Oh Canada....

No, I still love the US, but let us cut the crap on political bs and admtit that Canada is an awesome country. Beauty? Easy. Outdoors? Easy. Civil? Hands down (haven't been to quebec, too scared...LOL). Good food? Absolutely. Nice people? As good as any, yet, IMHO, the ratio leans in Canada's favor.

Unfortunately for me, the only place I have been in Canada is Vancouver. While it was beautiful, the aggressive homeless bums really... well... bummed me out. I even had one spit on me because when she asked for a dollar, I just kept walking. Another bum followed us down the street screaming profanities and racial epitaphs (I was there for a convention and with a group from Malaysia). I thought the city was beautiful though and the food was great!

Also, don't forget, some pretty good weed comes from up there!

I agree on the homeless issue, a lot of them work in packs here, and pool their money at the end of the day. My mother has worked with them for years, and she used to bring them home when I was a teenager, despite my father's protests.

Yurt said:
I don't care about politics, Canada is an amazing country.

The chips are better: If you disagree, get back to me after you have tasted a few.

The chocolate is better: If you like the overly sweet stuff in the US, then this does not apply to you. For the rest of us who like the taste of chocolate and not the sugar, Canadian chocolate is very much like English chocolate, which, really, is the best. Spot on... LOL

Though their highways/freeways may not be as extenstive or as easy to commute as ours, given their topography, they have a damn good system. And yes, I will pay 5 to take the toll road to Kamloops!!

Litter? Next...

Oh Canada....

No, I still love the US, but let us cut the crap on political bs and admtit that Canada is an awesome country. Beauty? Easy. Outdoors? Easy. Civil? Hands down (haven't been to quebec, too scared...LOL). Good food? Absolutely. Nice people? As good as any, yet, IMHO, the ratio leans in Canada's favor.

Well any country that gave us my buddy, Said1 is ok in my book! ;)

Said1 said:
And don't forget Marbles, he's cool too. But don't tell him I said that! :tng:

~grudgingly~ Yeah, Marbles is ok, cool? :shocked:

Canada may have problems similar to the US, such as the homeless bothering you (when in san diego as a kid, had a homeless guy with a knife chase my friend and I, and then as we out ran him, he "do you have a light?") Looking back, funny yes, at the time, new underwear...

I think Canada gets bad rap in the US, solely due to politics. If someone goes there (like previous poster who had a bad run in with a bum) and has a problem, fine, so long as you mention the problem. In my opinion, politics notwithstanding, the issues will be the virtually identical.

Canada is clean, friendly and very outdoors friendly.

If you want my stories in Canada, will gladly provide. Btw, my wife's family does not like Canadian politicians. So, don't believe everything you hear in the news.

Btw, Canadian v. American jokes are FUNNY.

Yurt said:
Canada may have problems similar to the US, such as the homeless bothering you (when in san diego as a kid, had a homeless guy with a knife chase my friend and I, and then as we out ran him, he "do you have a light?") Looking back, funny yes, at the time, new underwear...

I think Canada gets bad rap in the US, solely due to politics. If someone goes there (like previous poster who had a bad run in with a bum) and has a problem, fine, so long as you mention the problem. In my opinion, politics notwithstanding, the issues will be the virtually identical.

Canada is clean, friendly and very outdoors friendly.

If you want my stories in Canada, will gladly provide. Btw, my wife's family does not like Canadian politicians. So, don't believe everything you hear in the news.

Btw, Canadian v. American jokes are FUNNY.

Canadians in general aren't so happy with the politicians these days, Gomery inquirey not withstanding.

And Canadian jokes are funny!

Our dollar suck the big one too! But God bless NAFTA , now we don't have to wait six months for the new Mc Sandwich and Karaoke Barbie. :bow3:

Said1 said:
Our dollar suck the big one too! But God bless NAFTA , now we don't have to wait six months for the new Mc Sandwich and Karaoke Barbie. :bow3:

However, I agree with canadians on the wood issue. my wife's best friend lost his job solely b/c of america's policy regarding wood. which, in my oponion, is bs.

Yurt said:
However, I agree with canadians on the wood issue. my wife's best friend lost his job solely b/c of america's policy regarding wood. which, in my oponion, is bs.

Agreed, some good, some bad. Both sides unwilling to budge on the issue hasn't help matters either.

Forum List

Back