I love a Sunday after a great day of college football...

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
From the rumor mills:
- Houston Nutt may be stepping down at Ole Miss today, possibly to take the job at Colorado or Miami.
- Vanderbilt is rumored to be interested in Auburn Offensive Coordinator Gus Malzahn for his first head coaching job in college football, but with an open spot at Ole Miss...could Malzahn be headed there?
- Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen is also rumored for the Miami job.
- Jerry Jones is supposedly rumored in wanting Nick Saban at Dallas. I doubt Saban's interested, if his performance with the Dolphins is any indication.

On a more important note:
- Arkansas is rumored to go to #7 in the BCS, with a bid to the Sugar Bowl if Auburn wins the SEC Championship.
- Somehow, Ohio State is expected to jump Wisconsin in the BCS, making Ohio State the Big 10 "Champion." This means Arkansas will face Wisconsin in the Sugar Bowl, which makes me kinda sad. Wisconsin scares me. Ohio State doesn't.
- Boise State is looking at a Humanitarian Bowl. :lol:

That's a pretty good assessment. BTW, I don't care at all for the rose bowl people. I wonder if they have their own algorithms factored into the BCS computations just so they can elevate Ohio State above Wisconsin.

Speculating here: top four BCS after tonight, oregon, auburn, tcu, and who gets that fourth spot? Wisconsin, Ohio State, Stanford? Also, that fourth spot is huge considering Auburn could be upset in the SEC championship this weekend. Assuming that were to happen, would TCU go to the 2 spot or would OSU, Wisconsin get that nod?

My team, Kentucky, will get their 5th straight bowl bid. Flew up to Commonwealth stadium in Lexington to watch them beat Vandy a couple of weeks ago. Tailgates were the best part, lol.

Last edited:
There's a good possibility Auburn jumps Oregon in the BCS. Auburn beat a ranked opponent and the defending National Champions on their own turf, Oregon beat...somebody.

TCU is set for the third spot, and Stanford looks good for the fourth spot. There's a lot of media voting from the West coast that's going to put Stanford ahead of Wisconsin. The rest of the media is going to be the reason Ohio State jumps Wisconsin, even though Wisconsin is the better team overall.

Rumor has it that the computer rankings have Arkansas third, so when you factor in that with our poll rankings, we should be around 6th or 7th in the BCS.

Only 1 other team in the Top 10 has beaten more Top 25 teams than Arkansas, and that's Auburn. Auburn is 5-0 against currently ranked opponents, Arkansas is 4-2. Oregon is 1-0.

Last edited:
Well, BCS rankings are in. Looks like Ohio State didn't edge our Wisconsin after all, but Auburn did bump Oregon, which was expected.

Arkansas was 7th.

Great day of college football = yesterday.
Sunday after a great day of college football = today.

Keep up. :)

Forum List

Back