I lost my job today -- automation.

Feb 28, 2009
Almost two years after I bought my big Samsung refrigerator/freezer, I finally hooked the water up to the ice maker.

Now, I am out of a job. The job of manually filling ice trays to make ice! Automation has put me out of work.

And also, the poor ice trays -- all three of them -- now sit alone and abandoned, in a cabinet. They lost their jobs too.

The machine quietly and efficiently makes icecubes. Ice is always there now, with no effort from me. Anytime I want it.

I have lost my job......

But hell, then I mowed the yard and didn't feel so bad! I still have a job!

Almost two years after I bought my big Samsung refrigerator/freezer, I finally hooked the water up to the ice maker.

Now, I am out of a job. The job of manually filling ice trays to make ice! Automation has put me out of work.

And also, the poor ice trays -- all three of them -- now sit alone and abandoned, in a cabinet. They lost their jobs too.

The machine quietly and efficiently makes icecubes. Ice is always there now, with no effort from me. Anytime I want it.

I have lost my job......

That's a job thats good to lose. I hate ice cube trays.

• Banned

I have lost my job......

I don't know why I put up with that stupid shit for two years. Only took 15 minutes to install the filter and the water line to the stupid fridge. Five of that was "breaking in" the filter.

The ice maker was there for a reason, and all....

I have lost my job......

Why do you hate ice cube tray manufacturers?!?!?

Their families will now go hungry as you enjoy your "manufactured" cubes...:eek:

;)

• Banned

I have lost my job......

Why do you hate ice cube tray manufacturers?!?!?

Their families will now go hungry as you enjoy your "manufactured" cubes...:eek:

;)
I know, it's almost as bad as Obama getting rid of 200,000 auto dealership employees!:lol::lol:

He didn't "save" those jobs!

I have lost my job......

I don't know why I put up with that stupid shit for two years. Only took 15 minutes to install the filter and the water line to the stupid fridge. Five of that was "breaking in" the filter.

The ice maker was there for a reason, and all....

Same here, over a year before I got my happy ass to install the water line. Now I get cubed,crushed,and shaved ice. Ohh the horror.

Mmm makes me want to make a rainbow shaved ice now..
matsumotos_shave_ice.jpg

Last edited:
  • Banned
I went to get some ice this morning, and the bin was FULL!

This machine even kept making ice as I slept!

I've been replaced by a machine!

I have lost my job......

Until the RectalScoop™ has been perfected and is available to the public, you will also still have a job pinching out your logs.

We have one of those ice maker things in our fridge too... It's ok but to tell you the truth, I miss the ice cube trays. I love that sound when you pull up that handle thing and you hear the cracking noise. People that use those plastic ice cube trays that you just bend to get the ice out have no class... Another thing about the ice cube trays is that you can use them to make some really yummy jello things with or without alcohol in them! Don't throw the ice cube trays away. You might find yourself getting up in the middle of the night and sneaking down to the fridge and just for old times sake making some real honest to God ice cubes.

FOOL ! You forgot the primary and basic reason why you lost your job. You bought a foreign fridge one made in KOREA !

I have lost my job......

I have lost my job......

ooooo one of the biggest fights i had with hubby ...over ice maker ...he said that the lines will always leak and then flood...blah blah blah...he refuses to have one....so i said...fuck yourself then...never expect me to make ice....he cursed back and said i wasnt smart enought to remember the recipe....this esculated into a full grudge match....i refuse to make ice...i use about 12 cubes of ice to my drink...i like ice....i will call him at work ..and have them relay the message that the ice maker is broken...means i am out of ice and pissed...one morning...i got up and there was no ice...i threw ever damn empty cube tray in the floor and left for work...he still makes comments like..."did you forget the recipe again" and smart ass shit but he still makes ice....i will buy ice before i will make it...now you want to see him pissed...buy a bag of ice :lol:

I have lost my job......

ooooo one of the biggest fights i had with hubby ...over ice maker ...he said that the lines will always leak and then flood...blah blah blah...he refuses to have one....so i said...fuck yourself then...never expect me to make ice....he cursed back and said i wasnt smart enought to remember the recipe....this esculated into a full grudge match....i refuse to make ice...i use about 12 cubes of ice to my drink...i like ice....i will call him at work ..and have them relay the message that the ice maker is broken...means i am out of ice and pissed...one morning...i got up and there was no ice...i threw ever damn empty cube tray in the floor and left for work...he still makes comments like..."did you forget the recipe again" and smart ass shit but he still makes ice....i will buy ice before i will make it...now you want to see him pissed...buy a bag of ice :lol:
Ahh yes.... Leaks on 1/4" plastic tubing water lines.

The possibility of this is greatly reduced by one's choice of hardware. Instead of the ferrule system, that relies on what's called "interference fit," get the Prestolok fittings instead.

Parker-PrestoLok.jpg

No leaky.

sex toys are boring for the most part....i dont know why women prefer toys to men....is it that men are now that difficult or women that lazy? i have to wonder...

I have lost my job......

If you had joined a Union, you would not have lost your job and would have gotten paid regardless.

I know, it's almost as bad as Obama getting rid of 200,000 auto dealership employees!:lol::lol:

He didn't "save" those jobs!

yeah, he should have done nothing and let the entire industry go out of business so we lost 2.5 MILLION jobs, eh?
Like it actually would have gone out of business. No, it would have been still operating, under bankruptcy. Just like now.

They were bailed out, and went bankrupt anyway! Only difference is the hundreds of billions of bailout money and the primary bondholders, taxpayers and the dealers got hosed.

Forum List

Back