I lived in a minivan for 3 years, on 5 k a year

abrere

May 28, 2018
while I finished college, not long ago. You can have an RN license, $25 an hour and overtime if you want it, with just 2 years of college. So you can pay off the 12k that you borrowed in 1 year and you'll be all set. It's these dummies paying 12% to sallie mae, borrowing 30k a year to get a worthless liberal arts degree that burdens kids with debt. Dont be stupid/lazy and you wont HAVE college debt.

Working full time as an RN, you can get the other 2 years college in 4 years, and hire on some cushy Fed job, same money, but with a pension and full medical benefits.

I drew $100 a month (each) in food stamps and staples from the Food Bank. I ate supper at the SA mission, and lunch at the Baptist church. I got around mostly on a bicycle. The van cost me $1200. I sold my plasma for 3k a year.

while I finished college, not long ago. You can have an RN license, $25 an hour and overtime if you want it, with just 2 years of college. So you can pay off the 12k that you borrowed in 1 year and you'll be all set. It's these dummies paying 12% to sallie mae, borrowing 30k a year to get a worthless liberal arts degree that burdens kids with debt. Dont be stupid/lazy and you wont HAVE college debt.

Working full time as an RN, you can get the other 2 years college in 4 years, and hire on some cushy Fed job, same money, but with a pension and full medical benefits.

I drew $100 a month (each) in food stamps and staples from the Food Bank. I ate supper at the SA mission, and lunch at the Baptist church. I got around mostly on a bicycle. The van cost me $1200. I sold my plasma for 3k a year.

Hmmm ...

Plasma for 3K a year? Interesting. I could pop that right into the entertainment fund. :auiqs.jpg:

Good on ya, man. Work your way through. You'll be all the stronger for it.

cool , i knew a 32 year old recently divorced guy that had a bad paying job in 1983 after leaving his good paying job voluntarily . This was back in 1983 . He got to thinking , why pay 600 a month for a place to sleep when 600 was a lot of money with a minimum wage job . Anyway , he lucked out and got a good paying job in the Engineering Department of that huge 1100 room big name Hotel in a big city . As an Engineer he had access to showers , storerooms, boiler room , kitchen , employee cafeteria , toilets and an excellent boss that knew what he was doing as the guy secretly lived in the Hotel . Guy [secretly ,wink , wink] lived in the Hotel in various areas as at that time the Engineers had hard keys to everywhere in the Hotel and the Director of Engineering was really the big boss in the Hotel . Guy didn't use Hotel rooms but used storage areas that had couches , blankets , pillows and everything needed . Just a true story , couldn't do it now with the emphasis on security .

Last edited:
  • Banned
women get screwed on the plasma deal. you only get $30 per plasma donation (takes 2 hours, due to long waiting lines) if you're over 175 lbs. you can donate 2x a week. you have to keep the fat low in your diet, and not work out hard, cause bruises near the needlemark or too much fat in the plasma makes you ineligible to donate.

I remember the horror stories my parents told us about the depression. I have seen this transformation of our nation in the last 30 years. The homeless and dispossessed living in tents, This is a new phenomena and it reflects on our economics of the wealthy exploiting illegal aliens. Just about any semi or unskilled job, and middle or lower class areas have become dominated by illegal aliens that are Hispanic. And we never got to vote on any of that, it just sort of happened. Sorry for your suffering, I just am so disgusted with our culture and our politicians right now. Nemaste.

Sold plasma for $3 k?

I usually give it away

God lord, I was so naïve back in 85' I went to plasma center expecting to see a super collider and scientist in smocks. And in blue titanium cryogenically controlled bottle of Quarks, or leptons. And I am absolutely serious. I expected some kind beautiful science experiments...THAT was my America 35 years ago.

Last edited:

And ???

I see working poor homeless people every day who live in their cars.

They cannot afford rent on their minimum wage or close to minimum jobs.

if you toss away the back seat and passenger seats, cut 4 drawer chests in half, to keep them below the bottom level of your windows, there's plenty of room for one person in a van. Use bungee straps to secure the chests, and to keep them closed. cover all your stuff with blankets. Tint the windows, the gear needed is cheap at Lowe's. Join a 24-7 gym for $35 a month. then you'll have a legit place to park at night, a way to charge your electronics, free wifi, a place out of the weather, a shower and toilet.
Once you're an RN, you can clear 35k a year, go to college part time, have a BS or BA in 4 more years, and get a cushy, stable FEd govt job, with a very nice pension in 20 years, plus great medical insurance. you can MARRY 35k a year for 3 years, with an Asian MD, engineer, dentist. Invest it properly, and you can retire on that money.

a 6k loan, for going to jr college, $2000 of it buys an older, but still sound mini-van. Then you can live on 5k a year. It's not rocket science, folks. YOu just have to pay attention, have some discipline.

a 6k loan, for going to jr college, $2000 of it buys an older, but still sound mini-van. Then you can live on 5k a year. It's not rocket science, folks. YOu just have to pay attention, have some discipline.
And no kids.
And be willing to depend on the government as a way to help you save money.

You do realize foodstamps aren't there to help you get out of debt. They're there to keep children from starving. Just so you know.

I didn't write the laws. the RN license and the National Guard enslistment is the key for know-nothings to get something positive going for them. They can retire quite young if they have anything on the ball. As in by age 26 or so. Each of the boarding houses can easily clear 20k per year for you, without your having to do a thing, if you go at it intelligently.

you can have 3 of them up and running well in 3 years. 60k a year, clear, makes you a member of the "elite" in a lot of very nice countries, like Portugal, Nicaraugua, Thailand. Retired by age 26, so you can have a ball. If you want more money, it will take a few more years, a few more boarding houses. But the field is wide open to anyone who can get VA home loans and who has brains enough to live in OK for a very few years, where housing and education are dirt cheap.

for instance, Lawton, OK, has ft sill, a HUGEartillery training site. women are not sent into combat zones, especially not nurses and arty is rarely dangerous as a mission, anyway. Move to lawton, join the guard, go to cameron university, get an RN license in 2 years. work part time as a nurse as you finish college, Get a cushy Fed job with your bachelor's degree, and keep on using your VA homeloans to set up more and more cheap boarding houses. the NG's guaratee that as long as you're passing your classes, you'll stay in college for 4 years, and they'll pay you to do so.

room mates are hell. you'll be WAY ahead to just live in an old mini-van. there's plenty of room, once you discard the rear seats and the passenger seats and install the chests of drawers, bungee strapped to the floor. install your own privacy tint. Nobody will notice you, as long as you dont break the stealth rules. dont sit outside of your van. Don't litter, dont hang around the same place all day, unless it's the college library. Join a 24-7 gym, so you've got a legit place to park at night. Close to the entrance, their wifi will work out in your van. Ditto wally's.

Forum List

Back