I Listen To My Military Commanders

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
If they agree with me. 2012 is now the date for an Iraqi Army to stand up on its own. When will this date be moved even farther away?

Iraq's new army is "developing steadily," with "strong Iraqi leaders out front," the chief U.S. trainer said. That was more than three years ago, the Army general was David H. Petraeus, and some of those Iraqi officials were embezzling more than $1 billion allotted for the new army's weapons, according to investigators.

The 2004-05 Defense Ministry scandal was just one in a series of setbacks in the five-year struggle to "stand up" an Iraqi military and allow hard-pressed U.S. forces to "stand down" from Iraq.

The latest discouraging episode was unfolding this weekend in Basra, the southern city where Iraqi government forces — in their toughest test yet — were struggling to gain the upper hand in a five-day-old battle with Shiite Muslim militias.

The first reversal was made even before the 2003 U.S. invasion, when the Pentagon discarded plans that called for restructuring the 400,000-man army led by Saddam Hussein into a postwar force of 150,000 to 200,000.

Instead, U.S. occupation chief L. Paul Bremer ordered the old army disbanded, and the Bush administration opted for a token military force to guard Iraq's borders — an "afterthought," said Eaton.

images1-2.jpg

"President Bush declared 'mission accomplished' on 1 May, and on 9 May I get a phone call, 'Get thee to Iraq and rebuild the Iraqi army.' I looked at my wife and she said, 'A little late for that.' You would have expected this to be an ongoing program," Eaton recalled.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/sfl-flairaqarmy0330sbmar30,0,3973886.story

This is what you get when you let civilians idealogues ruin a war. To get posted to Iraq, you had to pass the Bush Loyalty quiz and be Republican. Even you stance on abortion was vetted.

Lots of money to be made if you know the right people.

If they agree with me. 2012 is now the date for an Iraqi Army to stand up on its own. When will this date be moved even farther away?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nationworld/sfl-flairaqarmy0330sbmar30,0,3973886.story

This is what you get when you let civilians idealogues ruin a war. To get posted to Iraq, you had to pass the Bush Loyalty quiz and be Republican. Even you stance on abortion was vetted.

Your a lying sack of dog shit, a partisan hack and beneath contempt. But then we all are aware of those facts already " Col".

The invasion and removal of Saddam Hussein from power was accomplished. The statement was made in that context, and everyone knows it. I don't see why some insist on presenting it as something it clearly was not.

Your a lying sack of dog shit, a partisan hack and beneath contempt. But then we all are aware of those facts already " Col".

Well said once more. I won't use the title, "Gunny" anymore. I have too much respect for those who I served with.

The invasion and removal of Saddam Hussein from power was accomplished. The statement was made in that context, and everyone knows it. I don't see why some insist on presenting it as something it clearly was not.

Your interpretation, not the majority of Americans. I hate to disagree with you, but you alone are not the holder of all truth and interpretation. You, however, are at least civil in your disagreement. Hmmmm, whom could I be referring to?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- What was once viewed as a premier presidential photo op continues to dog President Bush six months after he landed on an aircraft carrier to declare "one victory" in the war on terrorism and an end to major combat operations in Iraq.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/10/28/mission.accomplished/

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you all very much. Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed. (Applause.) And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/05/20030501-15.html

Shinseki, Eaton, Fallon, Abizaid, Zinni as a few examples.

The thread is about how he doesn't listen to his military commanders unless they agree with him.

It's called groupthink and also fukking arrogance. His group of NeoCons like Feith, Wolfy, Armitage, Rummy FUBARed this war. So now our troops continue to die as even the Green Zone is no longer secure.

Forum List

Back