I like What Romney said in the debate

Seriously?? Your kids can only learn to count and spell if Sesame Street teaches them?? Did you really just type that?? :eusa_hand:

Well if your child is in daycare because you work, they do teach them these things. If you don't work can you not teach your own child to read and count??

Holy crap, what did parents do before Big Bird???

The federal government shouldn't be supporting Big Bird on borrowed money. Typical leftist, the government has an obligation to teach my kid because I won't.

It's not the fact he wants to cut public broadcasting, which he does. It is that they always start at the bottom and work there way up. Compare what we spend on public broadcasting and than look at how much we spend on embassies that are un necessary just so politicians can pay back political favors with embassy posts. Do we really need an embassy in the Bahammas? Please station me there. Embassies are unneeded now close them all. Let our government skype like the rest of us.

Yea we all know Obama and the left prefer trickle down Government.

You really think it's a good idea to close US Embassies around the world but keep Big Bird?? Really???

It's not the fact he wants to cut public broadcasting, which he does. It is that they always start at the bottom and work there way up. Compare what we spend on public broadcasting and than look at how much we spend on embassies that are un necessary just so politicians can pay back political favors with embassy posts. Do we really need an embassy in the Bahammas? Please station me there. Embassies are unneeded now close them all. Let our government skype like the rest of us.

I agree...then he went on to say how great the private sector does but defends corporate welfare.

OMG, here we go with Big Bird again..

If you whiny people need pbs, take up a collection and PAY FOR IT YOURSLEVES, I'm sure they'll thank you

OUR goverment doesn't NEED to be paying for a T.V station

If you whiny people need pbs, take up a collection and PAY FOR IT YOURSLEVES, I'm sure they'll thank you

if people want to attack Iran grab your guns and buy a ticket to Iran, our government doesn't need to be paying for religious extremism.

Yea we all know Obama and the left prefer trickle down Government.

You really think it's a good idea to close US Embassies around the world but keep Big Bird?? Really???

Yes I do. We can't protect our embassies and personel with private contractors. There are some things the government does better and cheaper, and that is our military. But with todays tech embassies are obsolete, and a waste of taxpayer money. I don't mind looking to cut social programs, but lets get rid of the waste before we get rid of something that would have a great impact on our children. Most lower income homes can not afford cable or sattalite, so Sesame Street is one of the only chanels to provide educational programing for children.

Our government doesn't need to be paying for alot of things, but to trip over dollar while picking up a penny is not very efficient. Romney of all people should know that.

They want trickle down government to pay for what they want, the heck with everyone else. It's all about them..............don't forget at least 1/2 of the US population is the enemy and al Qaeda is dead. The terrorists have been eliminated because Obama killed Osama bin Laden :eusa_whistle:

Oh yea, and their kids can't learn letters and how to count without Big Bird.

They want trickle down government to pay for what they want, the heck with everyone else. It's all about them..............don't forget at least 1/2 of the US population is the enemy and al Qaeda is dead. The terrorists have been eliminated because Obama killed Osama bin Laden :eusa_whistle:

BS...we just don't think spending a few billion on teaching preschool to count and read is as big a problem as spending trillions to bomb children in other countries.

Darn, I thought the war on terror was over when GWB walked under the "mission accomplished" sign. Oh well.

Don't want big government at all, want less government. The government I feel should have a network to get information to the people in case of an emergency, but in the mean time let them do something constructive with it.

BS...we just don't think spending a few billion on teaching preschool to count and read is as big a problem as spending trillions to bomb children in other countries.

MY GAWD, teaching your children to count is YOUR DUTY as a Parent..NOT THE GOVERMENTS JOB..now get on it

MY GAWD, teaching your children to count is YOUR DUTY as a Parent..NOT THE GOVERMENTS JOB..now get on it

I can't believe...No I won't believe that you actually think that parents keep there children home from school because the feel Sesame street give them a better education. Do you really think that?:eusa_eh:

I can't believe...No I won't believe that you actually think that parents keep there children home from school because the feel Sesame street give them a better education. Do you really think that?:eusa_eh:

stop babbling,

protecting you wealth and your cheap oil is your job not the government's job.

...my point is that everything government does can be abused and that we should focus on real problems first.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back