I like to debate...

how about you?

and I am not talking about debate in the manner of, " you are an idiot who lives in your mama's basement" kind of debate...but real debating the issues with civil discourse, and in the end, agreeing to respectfully disagree....
As C-girl said, try another forum. I primarily come here to bash skulls and have fun...only once in a great while do I take a thread here seriously.

I belong to another (non-political) forum with many more rules, and far more intellectually challenging debate. Unlike here, the debate at this other forum has caused me to change my core values, and question my perception of life. Posts are commonly pages-long, and issues such as careers, marriage, divorce, death, religion, suicide, depression, and failure are commonly discussed on a personal level.

Thing is, as mind-bending and intense as that forum can be, it isn't as fun as USMB. People come here for fun.

how about you?

and I am not talking about debate in the manner of, " you are an idiot who lives in your mama's basement" kind of debate...but real debating the issues with civil discourse, and in the end, agreeing to respectfully disagree....
As C-girl said, try another forum. I primarily come here to bash skulls and have fun...only once in a great while do I take a thread here seriously.

I belong to another (non-political) forum with many more rules, and far more intellectually challenging debate. Unlike here, the debate at this other forum has caused me to change my core values, and question my perception of life. Posts are commonly pages-long, and issues such as careers, marriage, divorce, death, religion, suicide, depression, and failure are commonly discussed on a personal level.

Thing is, as mind-bending and intense as that forum can be, it isn't as fun as USMB. People come here for fun.

I would like to find a forum with enforced rules for some serious discussion and debate, but I too would think that would not be satisfying as one's only diet. Every now and then, it does get a bit ...what's the word....stupid?.....more than is fun for me, but there is a sense of community here and it is more fun here than it is not fun.

how about you?

We can fix that for ya....... Just say the word. :eusa_whistle:

how about you?

We can fix that for ya....... Just say the word. :eusa_whistle:

Ringel isn't kidding. But then he is one of the reasons I keep coming back. :)

have you ever seen the Fisher King? well, robin williams sings that song in it...

I own it. Great movie.
Oh my gosh, it is a fantastic movie... I am shocked that jeff bridges did not win an oscar for his part....i don't even believe he was nominated that year....but he got ROBBED.

Am I the only one that sees any irony in the fact that a thread titled "I like to debate..." has been derailed by the author in like, the 3rd page?

Last edited:
I own it. Great movie.
Oh my gosh, it is a fantastic movie... I am shocked that jeff bridges did not win an oscar for his part....i don't even believe he was nominated that year....but he got ROBBED.

Am I the only one that sees any irony in the fact that a thread titled "I like to debate..." has been derailed by the author in like, the 3rd page?

i got sidetracked right after i posted this thread with the other announcement thread i made last night....:eek: and was never able to really contribute on the topic of my own thread....thus the willingness to just self hijack it, so easily....

is this a trick question? :D

:lol::lol: No. I belong to a serious debate forum. We have proper rules and everything! :lol: I find it hard cuz you can't call anyone a fucking idiot.

:rofl::rofl:

oh, I BETCHA that's hard for you! :lol: I don't know if i really have the time right now....i have just gotten in to the mod thing and spending more time here, plus i got a few things going on here at home that i am working on....

butttt, it sounds like FUN and perfect for me on the language thingy....:D

so, when i free up some things on the homefront i will let ya know!

It's an invite only forum but I've been a member for quite a long time and ocassionally we invite others - by introduction only. It's very exclusive. :lol::lol: How I got in is nothing short of a miracle! :lol::lol: It's quite fun - if a tad heavy going at time but you do learn a lot of really interesting shit.

how about you?

I love to debate and discuss intelligently, but only when the other party wants to debate and discuss intelligently.

But since most of the shit that is posted on USMB is namecalling, fingerpointing, and partisan bullshit, I just revert to silliness.

In other words, you're part of the problem ....:eusa_whistle:

I won a debate once.

Funny thing was, my life stayed entirely the same.

At least in sports you get a trophy.

Forum List

Back