I like the Idea of God...

History reads like a slow descent into the 9th level of hell.
So whats the downside? :itsok:
From a perspective of dialectic materialism the have's have become very prosperous while the have-not's get religion as their opiate for the masses.

From what I gather,the opiate is death itself, the death consequent to worshipping that which is not God because some slithering low life taught them that to defy the first commandment is the most sacred and holy expression for the object of their devotion, a false god and his earthly representative, the devil who tricked them..

Once dead and under the condemnation of God they are lost in the dark, incapable of critical thinking and objective honest self-awareness. Without a connection to God or a functioning brain they become dependent on the ones have who tricked them and then (for a nominal service charge) turn to the image and likeness of a serpent instead of God for healing and guidance condemning themselves to be perpetually held in captivity, religiously addled, religiously fleeced.

The ones who resist assimilation are still thrown to the lions, the public circus still the favorite pastime of the insane.

Deception, half truths, manipulation, fear and intimidation, threats of real and imaginary violence, all to get them on their knees in front of a blood drinking flesh eating actor in a silly costume on a gilded stage in a deliberate and brazen defiance of the divine commands which leads to death, the surrender of their minds and consequently their will..

This is how the devil uses the power of death to accumulate possessions, whatever the religion. Works like a charm.

Their victims walk away convinced that they just had a spiritual experience and they did, just not a very good one.

Last edited:
The Tower of Babel describes the migration from the cradle of civilization to the rest of the world. It along with the rest of the account of Genesis were recorded in the symbols of the Chinese language because the Bible was correct about the great migration from the cradle of civilization. The account of Genesis literally explains how the account of Genesis was able to be recorded in the Chinese language 4,500 years ago.

lol plain text works just fine; pasting large bandwidth choking graphics into a single post isn't necessary, and in fact it's poor internet etiquette

. So written Chinese is built on the Assyrian pictographics writing. Interesting.

Can any of the 3 ancient Arab stories that so dominate and drive the human industry of 'Modern Religion' really be the last word on THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE?

Well it sure is not the Greek or Roman gods

:iagree:

Back when the first stories to be written down were being written down, what constituted "The Universe" for any given Monkey was comparatively small to what we now know The Universe to be.

On a cosmic scale, all of the ancient stories to explain The Universe and our place in it seem positively silly.

Can any of the 3 ancient Arab stories that so dominate and drive the human industry of 'Modern Religion' really be the last word on THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE?

Well it sure is not the Greek or Roman gods

:iagree:

Back when the first stories to be written down were being written down, what constituted "The Universe" for any given Monkey was comparatively small to what we now know The Universe to be.

On a cosmic scale, all of the ancient stories to explain The Universe and our place in it seem positively silly.

Except if the story of the creation of heaven and earth is not about what we understand the universe to be but is about the monkey universe, a world above and a world below, where some monkeys were like eagles flying in the sky high above other monkeys who were like the beasts of the field who are above other monkeys that crawl on their belly and eat dust,not to mention maggots that feast on rotting monkey flesh in tombs and graves and the worms that eat monkey brains.

Last edited:
Sure, where do you believe civilization began?

Depends on what you mean by "civilization".

Shame The Devil and tell the truth, In spite of i-Products and American Infrastructure, I don't think that we're there yet.

What with all of the religious and economic wars and persecution, political cronyism, etc still rampant in God's little gift to the universe, I believe that Civilization is still an attainable goal for our species.

If what you mean by "civilization" is the history written by the various victors in the war and politics that's been driving human industry since before we began to write shit down, I believe that the evidence points toward the Middle East, where the most dominate stories were first penned.

Yes, the cradle of civilization is widely believed to be in the Middle East. Did you know that the account of Genesis was recorded in the written Chinese language 4,500 years ago? How do you think that happened? If I told you that the account of Genesis explained how the account of Genesis got recorded into the Chinese language 4,500 years ago, would you believe me?

So... for the purpose of this discussion, 'civilization' means the history of Western 'Civilization'.

I can work with that! :thup:

----------------

I did NOT know that an account of Genesis was recorded in the written Chinese language 4,500 years ago!

So..... 1500 years after the Jews started toting their storybook of origins and afterlife around a land known as The Crossroads between Europe and Asia, a similar tale surfaced in Asia, and the Jews predicted it would happen in their story?!? :disbelief:

What's up with that?

:eusa_eh:

I'll have to let you know if I believe you after you explain your thesis, evidence and conclusions.

`

LOL...Yeah well apparently western civilization knows nothing about how to comprehend the hidden teachings of ancient Hebrew fairy tales that use such complicated metaphors as trees whose fruit is pleasing to the eye and good to eat, the forbidden fruit, clean and unclean, angels and demons, and gullible unsophisticated people who do not think very deeply being deceived in very subtle ways by talking serpents..

Heck, you could be the star of a new fairy tale!

Once upon a millisecond before the old world came to a sudden and abrupt end, there was a slug of distinguished pretensions named Ding who thought that he had found safety living in a crevice among the rocks and caves with every other foul and loathsome creature that nested in dark and dingy places . He was an odd fellow who loved to cover himself with rancid slime and filth and ask the all the other creepy creatures there if they liked his fancy new perfume.......
Western Civilization knows that Christianity has done much good for the world. The signs are all around us, from the laws that protect us, to the principles that guide us. It has shaped every area of our lives, its influence is so huge, jack-a-napes like yourself take its heritage for granted and forget that Christianity was the source of our civilization. So you go right ahead and bad mouth it and reveal to everyone just how much of a dumbass you are while you and Czernobog, Breezewood, et al circle jerk yourselves.

Christianity is the source of this civilization?

Really?

I didn't realize that Christianity established democracy before the Greeks and had a senate before the Romans.

And I didn't know that Christianity protects the rights of women to be equal to men, promotes the free expression of any religious belief or unbelief as well.

Amazing!

You guys are hero's and legends, but only in your own unrestrained, defiled and contaminated minds..
Yes, you have proven to me that there is much you don't realize.

"Christianity led to the end of murder of slaves in the coliseums of the Roman world, the beginning of healthcare for the masses and education for the common man. It brought an end to the slave trade and slavery itself. It brought workers’ rights through Lord Shaftesbury, and child protection agencies, like the RSPCC by William Wilberforce and other Christian leaders. Christianity also birthed the Civil Rights Movement with the leader being the preacher Martin Luther King Jr. and the end of Apartheid in South Africa, thanks to the leadership of Archbishop Desmond Tutu and Nelson Mandela."

What has Christianity done for the world?

What you don't realize is that the Romans figured if you can't defeat them, pervert and assimilate them to reflect the old system of screwing and fleecing people for life under the guise of a new God, a counterfeit Jesus, you know, the god made ma made matzo made by human hands, a conglomeration of every god or pagan deity that was already worshipped throughout the empire.

So they stopped throwing slaves to the lions in the coliseum, great. What they then did was keep them alive to fuck with them for life. Much nicer according to you.

You know this how?

"Christianity in addition has had a major impact upon all European languages, adding words, spelling, grammar and shaped what we say - the phrases, our idioms, and the Christian names of people, places and organisations. Great authors like C.S. Lewis and freedom fighters like John Knox were also inspired in the Christian tradition and helped change our world.

Christian leaders like Elizabeth Fry fought for prison reform and the first Workers’ Union was set up by a Christian preacher and his friends, fighting for fair pay, better working conditions and a day of rest."

The fact of the impact of Christianity on the history of earth is indisputable.

For good and for ill, Christianity shaped Western 'Civilization' and made the world what it is today.

But that's not the question... The question is; Do you believe the ancient stories about a Jew named Jesus walking out of His tomb to prove that he was The God of the Universe wearing human flesh, sent by Himself to pay for all the sin and corruption of humanity with His life?

Without Christianity, the story of Europe, the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and other nations would be totally different.

Not everyone sees history the way you do. People with an internal locus of control see it quite differently. Does this mean you can't back up anything you claim... again?

"In the field of science, many of the founding fathers of many areas were Christians, with a devout belief in the God of the Bible and the same is true for the leaders of the Industrial Revolution, which shaped the world we live in. Michael Faraday was a scientist and evangelical Christian whose pioneering work changed the modern world, in that he helped give us electricity and the founder of the Greenwich Observatory that gave us the world’s first great star map, was of course a preacher as well. Many of the people who put man on the moon, working in NASA, were also believers."

Christianity is and has been a bureaucracy. Sometimes the people within the bureaucracy did all the right things for all the right reasons, and sometimes they conducted Inquisitions and waged wars. Christianity is a layer of voluntary government.

...the story of the creation of heaven and earth is not about what we understand the universe to be but is about the monkey universe, a world above and a world below, where some monkeys were like eagles flying in the sky high above other monkeys who were like the beasts of the field who are above other monkeys that crawl on their belly and eat dust,not to mention maggots that feast on rotting monkey flesh in tombs and graves and the worms that eat monkey brains.
It's just a story that Moses came up with to help him govern a couple of hundred thousand unruly Hebrews in their march out of Egypt and into Canaan.

From a perspective of dialectic materialism the have's have become very prosperous while the have-not's get religion as their opiate for the masses.

From what I gather,the opiate is death itself, the death consequent to worshipping that which is not God because some slithering low life taught them that to defy the first commandment is the most sacred and holy expression for the object of their devotion, a false god and his earthly representative, the devil who tricked them..

Once dead and under the condemnation of God they are lost in the dark, incapable of critical thinking and objective honest self-awareness. Without a connection to God or a functioning brain they become dependent on the ones have who tricked them and then (for a nominal service charge) turn to the image and likeness of a serpent instead of God for healing and guidance condemning themselves to be perpetually held in captivity, religiously addled, religiously fleeced.

The ones who resist assimilation are still thrown to the lions, the public circus still the favorite pastime of the insane.

Deception, half truths, manipulation, fear and intimidation, threats of real and imaginary violence, all to get them on their knees in front of a blood drinking flesh eating actor in a silly costume on a gilded stage in a deliberate and brazen defiance of the divine commands which leads to death, the surrender of their minds and consequently their will..

This is how the devil uses the power of death to accumulate possessions, whatever the religion. Works like a charm.

Their victims walk away convinced that they just had a spiritual experience and they did, just not a very good one.
Correct -- the opiate itself is death in order to enter the fantasy world in the beyond.

Most people's lives are meaningless, boring, and harsh.

The opiate works well for those.

Well, it's obvious most of those who don't know squat about the Bible or any theology for that matter are never going to progress much.

For those interested they can start with a little essay from Thomas of Aquinas for a beginner's look at biblical interpretation, and keep in mind history and literature were pretty much the same thing those early eras.

http://www.trinity-pres.net/essays/metaphor-is-message_aquinas.pdf

ALLEGORY IN THE OLD TESTAMENT - JewishEncyclopedia.com
Can you explain to me how Noah got marsupials from Australia and back again after the flood?

The Tower of Babel describes the migration from the cradle of civilization to the rest of the world. It along with the rest of the account of Genesis were recorded in the symbols of the Chinese language because the Bible was correct about the great migration from the cradle of civilization. The account of Genesis literally explains how the account of Genesis was able to be recorded in the Chinese language 4,500 years ago.

lol plain text works just fine; pasting large bandwidth choking graphics into a single post isn't necessary, and in fact it's poor internet etiquette

. So written Chinese is built on the Assyrian pictographics writing. Interesting.
Not sure how I could have typed the symbols, but yes, the well known history and common everyday things were used to make a word so people
could remember it.

Not sure how I could have typed the symbols, but yes, the well known history and common everyday things were used to make a word so people
could remember it.

Links work just fine, and one can read the articles that go with them, too.

Shame The Devil and tell the truth, In spite of i-Products and American Infrastructure, I don't think that we're there yet.

What with all of the religious and economic wars and persecution, political cronyism, etc still rampant in God's little gift to the universe, I believe that Civilization is still an attainable goal for our species.

If what you mean by "civilization" is the history written by the various victors in the war and politics that's been driving human industry since before we began to write shit down, I believe that the evidence points toward the Middle East, where the most dominate stories were first penned.

Yes, the cradle of civilization is widely believed to be in the Middle East. Did you know that the account of Genesis was recorded in the written Chinese language 4,500 years ago? How do you think that happened? If I told you that the account of Genesis explained how the account of Genesis got recorded into the Chinese language 4,500 years ago, would you believe me?

So... for the purpose of this discussion, 'civilization' means the history of Western 'Civilization'.

----------------

I did NOT know that an account of Genesis was recorded in the written Chinese language 4,500 years ago!

So..... 1500 years after the Jews started toting their storybook of origins and afterlife around a land known as The Crossroads between Europe and Asia, a similar tale surfaced in Asia, and the Jews predicted it would happen in their story?!? :disbelief:

What's up with that?

I'll have to let you know if I believe you after you explain your thesis, evidence and conclusions.

`

The biblical account of the tower of babel was the historical recording of the migration from the cradle of civilization to the rest of the world which is how the account of Genesis ended up being used as symbols in the written language of the Chinese 4,500 years ago.

could remember it.

I didn't have a link. It was a presentation that was shared with me by a colleague from China. It seems to me that you are more concerned with my actions than you are the content.

...the story of the creation of heaven and earth is not about what we understand the universe to be but is about the monkey universe, a world above and a world below, where some monkeys were like eagles flying in the sky high above other monkeys who were like the beasts of the field who are above other monkeys that crawl on their belly and eat dust,not to mention maggots that feast on rotting monkey flesh in tombs and graves and the worms that eat monkey brains.
It's just a story that Moses came up with to help him govern a couple of hundred thousand unruly Hebrews in their march out of Egypt and into Canaan.
No. It's not.

Without Christianity, the story of Europe, the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and other nations would be totally different.

Not everyone sees history the way you do. People with an internal locus of control see it quite differently. Does this mean you can't back up anything you claim... again?

"In the field of science, many of the founding fathers of many areas were Christians, with a devout belief in the God of the Bible and the same is true for the leaders of the Industrial Revolution, which shaped the world we live in. Michael Faraday was a scientist and evangelical Christian whose pioneering work changed the modern world, in that he helped give us electricity and the founder of the Greenwich Observatory that gave us the world’s first great star map, was of course a preacher as well. Many of the people who put man on the moon, working in NASA, were also believers."

Christianity is and has been a bureaucracy. Sometimes the people within the bureaucracy did all the right things for all the right reasons, and sometimes they conducted Inquisitions and waged wars. Christianity is a layer of voluntary government.
Sure, and it took the form of what it saw when it was founded which was effectively a monarchy. It existed beyond the reach of monarchies and is never given the credit for softening the rule of those monarchies. By necessity any organization of men will require a hierarchy unless of course one wants anarchy which will never be long lived as men prefer virtue over chaos.

And sure, being comprised of flawed men and women, they made mistakes, but by any objective measure Christianity has been a force for good.

----------------

What's up with that?

`

The biblical account of the tower of babel was the historical recording of the migration from the cradle of civilization to the rest of the world which is how the account of Genesis ended up being used as symbols in the written language of the Chinese 4,500 years ago.
That's convoluted bullshit, even for you.

could remember it.

I didn't have a link. It was a presentation that was shared with me by a colleague from China. It seems to me that you are more concerned with my actions than you are the content.

Seems to me you're defensive about legitimate suggestions.

Sure, and it took the form of what it saw when it was founded which was effectively a monarchy. It existed beyond the reach of monarchies and is never given the credit for softening the rule of those monarchies. By necessity any organization of men will require a hierarchy unless of course one wants anarchy which will never be long lived as men prefer virtue over chaos.

And sure, being comprised of flawed men and women, they made mistakes, but by any objective measure Christianity has been a force for good.

Christianity, Islam, Church, Synagogue or Temple - The history of the dynamic organization in question is irrelevant since the mistakes that were made advanced Western 'Civilization' as much or more than the righteous objectives achieved.

What matters is the Statement of Faith:

-Do you believe with all your heart that God Himself walked in the skin of a Jew named Jesus?

-Do you believe with all your heart that Allah is the one true God and Mohammad is His prophet?

-Do you believe with all your heart that all things were created by and are actively managed by The Flying Spaghetti Monster?

Do you just call yourself a believer, or do you actually believe whatever story, ancient or modern, that you follow?

:dunno:

Forum List

Back