I like the Idea of God...

:eusa_think:

Depends on the quality of your recording equipment, I reckon....

:dunno:
No sound engineer here but I would assume every copy of copy is going to experience some deterioration in quality.

Not sure if this is what RodISHI was getting at or not.
In which case you'd be wrong AGAIN!!!! These days, you can make as many digital copies of a sound recording that you want that will be exactly alike.
That's funny because I get errors in my digital copies when I keep making copies from copies. DNA has the same problem.

Maybe what you are talking about is making copies from an original.

I like the idea of God too. I think the concept of God is problematic when it comes to man's understanding. We simply can't wrap our monkey brains around it and comprehend the magnitude. In order to make some reasonable attempt to understand God we've created various religions and religious incarnations of God, and that is what we worship. But this is just a primitive placeholder for sub par creatures to rationalize something we cannot relate to.

I don't believe in a humanistic God. A judgmental human-like invisible man who lives in the clouds and gets angry and jealous.... I just don't believe in that God. I can see where early man conceived of such a God and adopted faith around such a deity. We needed something that made it all make sense. Something we could relate to as humans. In that regard, I think such an incarnation has been overall beneficial to man because it has enabled him to maintain a spiritual consciousness and awareness which has driven his advancement. Does that mean it is truth? Of course not.

For me, God is a source of energy. God is there for us to benefit from if we so choose. Like an electrical outlet in the wall. It's there, if you want to use it, but it isn't going to get angry if you don't. You can benefit from it if you tap into it and you can also get yourself killed if you misuse or abuse it. In terms of our spirit, I think the same is true with God.

No sound engineer here but I would assume every copy of copy is going to experience some deterioration in quality.

In which case you'd be wrong AGAIN!!!! These days, you can make as many digital copies of a sound recording that you want that will be exactly alike.
That's funny because I get errors in my digital copies when I keep making copies from copies. DNA has the same problem.

No, digital copies of an original recording are the same, it's not fucking DNA. :lol:

No the cycle is moving from many to one. If as you say there was a cycle of "remembering god" then we would have at least one other instance of the rise of a monotheistic religion. We don't

And logic dictates no such thing.

Your desire for a creator stems from our ignorance of the origin of the universe and of life itself.
Read the 4th Turning by Howe and Strauss. They are historians, demographers and economists. Totally secular book. History repeats for a good reason. They explain why. And since history does repeat itself, it is cyclical.

Moving from many to one is not a cycle, it is an indictment of the truth. You do realize that we stopped burning witches, right? Do you know why? It was discovered that they weren't witches. If they had been witches the moral thing would have been to keep burning them. So our moving from many to one was us discovering the truth which should be fairly obvious to everyone here that one Creator of existence is the least complex answer.

I believe that you bring up multiple Gods as a way to confirm your bias. Was that an insult too? Or was that me stating a belief based on observations I have made?

No. My belief that there is a Creator is based on the solution of the first cause and that the laws of nature were in place before space and time were created and that everything which has unfolded since that time was predestined by natural process that were controlled by the laws of nature and that intelligence is not only a product of that process but the source as well.

Show me that last time you alleged cycle ended in a global monotheistic religion.

And earlier I said it was a linear trend.

And people do not remember god. They are told from a young age to believe.

The only reason I mentioned multiple gods is because that there were multiple gods is an historical fact. Tell me do you always take the statement of an historical fact as a personal insult.

And your belief is based on an assumption for which there is absolutely no empirical proof. You call it logic but it is not logic.

The fact is we have absolutely nothing but a few theories that attempt to explain the origin of the universe. One of those theories is the creator theory.
Clearly there is a communication breakdown here.

You are taking the whole cycle thingee way out of context. It does not apply to what you are trying to do. When people are satisfied, they become proud and complacent and stop doing the things that made them successful, then they fail and suffer. And through their suffering, because of their suffering, they return to the things that made them successful in the first place, thus starting the cycle all over again.

So when I say they do the things that made them successful, that would be returning to God's ways which are virtuous and naturally lead to success. And when I say they became proud and complacent and stopped doing the things that made them successful, they behave without virtue which naturally leads to failure.

Shit doesn't happen because of luck or by accident. It happens because of what we do or don't do as a society.

The saeculum cycle lasts approximately 80 years, give or take, and is about the length of a long human life or four generations. The cycle has 4 seasons; spring, summer, fall and winter. Each one lasting about 20 years or one generation. The last 3 winter cycles of the American saeculum were WWII, Civil War and the American Revolutionary War. The hardship during these times brought people together. They put away their petty differences, made sacrifices, became more humble and thankful. In effect, they remembered God. When the wars ended the spring cycle begins. This is a period of growth and a renewed focus on the young who are the future. As they reap their rewards they enter summer. It takes two generations to forget suffering. So by this time the pain and misery of the last winter cycle is all but forgotten. They become satisfied and proud. They become indulgent and selfish. They lower their standard of conduct. All failed behaviors. It takes another twenty years or so or one more generation to complete the fall which BTW is the name of the cycle. Which sets the stage for the next major societal upheaval that almost every person who walks the planet will get to experience at least once in his life. Ours is coming.

So please stop talking about shit you don't know anything about. I tried to tell you to go read the book.
Societal cycles have nothing to do with any god
It does when they are controlled by the moral laws of nature which existed prior to space and time being created.

Moral laws were created by man just like god was created by man

No, digital copies of an original recording are the same, it's not fucking DNA. :lol:
So you don't ever think errors occur?

Or that they are lessened by only using master copies to record from?

I guess the CD's I recorded with errors weren't really errors. That's funny because when I play them I hit the same bad spot in the same damn place every single time.

Read the 4th Turning by Howe and Strauss. They are historians, demographers and economists. Totally secular book. History repeats for a good reason. They explain why. And since history does repeat itself, it is cyclical.

Moving from many to one is not a cycle, it is an indictment of the truth. You do realize that we stopped burning witches, right? Do you know why? It was discovered that they weren't witches. If they had been witches the moral thing would have been to keep burning them. So our moving from many to one was us discovering the truth which should be fairly obvious to everyone here that one Creator of existence is the least complex answer.

I believe that you bring up multiple Gods as a way to confirm your bias. Was that an insult too? Or was that me stating a belief based on observations I have made?

No. My belief that there is a Creator is based on the solution of the first cause and that the laws of nature were in place before space and time were created and that everything which has unfolded since that time was predestined by natural process that were controlled by the laws of nature and that intelligence is not only a product of that process but the source as well.

Show me that last time you alleged cycle ended in a global monotheistic religion.

And earlier I said it was a linear trend.

And people do not remember god. They are told from a young age to believe.

The only reason I mentioned multiple gods is because that there were multiple gods is an historical fact. Tell me do you always take the statement of an historical fact as a personal insult.

And your belief is based on an assumption for which there is absolutely no empirical proof. You call it logic but it is not logic.

The fact is we have absolutely nothing but a few theories that attempt to explain the origin of the universe. One of those theories is the creator theory.
Clearly there is a communication breakdown here.

You are taking the whole cycle thingee way out of context. It does not apply to what you are trying to do. When people are satisfied, they become proud and complacent and stop doing the things that made them successful, then they fail and suffer. And through their suffering, because of their suffering, they return to the things that made them successful in the first place, thus starting the cycle all over again.

So when I say they do the things that made them successful, that would be returning to God's ways which are virtuous and naturally lead to success. And when I say they became proud and complacent and stopped doing the things that made them successful, they behave without virtue which naturally leads to failure.

Shit doesn't happen because of luck or by accident. It happens because of what we do or don't do as a society.

The saeculum cycle lasts approximately 80 years, give or take, and is about the length of a long human life or four generations. The cycle has 4 seasons; spring, summer, fall and winter. Each one lasting about 20 years or one generation. The last 3 winter cycles of the American saeculum were WWII, Civil War and the American Revolutionary War. The hardship during these times brought people together. They put away their petty differences, made sacrifices, became more humble and thankful. In effect, they remembered God. When the wars ended the spring cycle begins. This is a period of growth and a renewed focus on the young who are the future. As they reap their rewards they enter summer. It takes two generations to forget suffering. So by this time the pain and misery of the last winter cycle is all but forgotten. They become satisfied and proud. They become indulgent and selfish. They lower their standard of conduct. All failed behaviors. It takes another twenty years or so or one more generation to complete the fall which BTW is the name of the cycle. Which sets the stage for the next major societal upheaval that almost every person who walks the planet will get to experience at least once in his life. Ours is coming.

So please stop talking about shit you don't know anything about. I tried to tell you to go read the book.
Societal cycles have nothing to do with any god
It does when they are controlled by the moral laws of nature which existed prior to space and time being created.

No. The are what they are on their own. Man has only caught up to them in time. They were always there waiting for us to discover them.

Joe got it correct. It depends on the equipment recording the sound. Those full of the Holy spirit were inspired to write down what they saw or heard. Those seeking wrote down what they believed from a carnal view. Two edges in all things.

I like the idea of God too. I think the concept of God is problematic when it comes to man's understanding. We simply can't wrap our monkey brains around it and comprehend the magnitude. In order to make some reasonable attempt to understand God we've created various religions and religious incarnations of God, and that is what we worship. But this is just a primitive placeholder for sub par creatures to rationalize something we cannot relate to.

I don't believe in a humanistic God. A judgmental human-like invisible man who lives in the clouds and gets angry and jealous.... I just don't believe in that God. I can see where early man conceived of such a God and adopted faith around such a deity. We needed something that made it all make sense. Something we could relate to as humans. In that regard, I think such an incarnation has been overall beneficial to man because it has enabled him to maintain a spiritual consciousness and awareness which has driven his advancement. Does that mean it is truth? Of course not.

For me, God is a source of energy. God is there for us to benefit from if we so choose. Like an electrical outlet in the wall. It's there, if you want to use it, but it isn't going to get angry if you don't. You can benefit from it if you tap into it and you can also get yourself killed if you misuse or abuse it. In terms of our spirit, I think the same is true with God.

The God of Boss sounds awesome! :clap2:

And similar to The God of AVG-JOE. But not identical. God is custom and personal. Off the rack religion is for chumps.

:beer: To burying The God of Abraham with Abraham and partying with The God of (insert your name here)

Morality is something each human gets to decide in the privacy of their own mind.

Laws are only as good as they can be enforced politically and militarily.

Therefore, "Moral Law" can be truly defined only for Self.

This is why Religious Law must always be trumped by a dynamic, democratically agreed upon code of Civil Law whenever the two conflict.

If you want to raise you and yours under Sharia Law or a Christian version of Sharia Law, knock yourself out. But here in America, you have to tolerate your neighbors, yes, even the weird ones, at least to the extent of Civil Law, which will ALWAYS be up for political discussion.

e283222fb78c488f61f420d2fd6e3f6a--rednecks-crime.jpg

Forum List

Back