I like the Idea of God...

I like a bunny that can lay eggs, purple and blue because it's so "inclusive". And so tasty after you crack the shell. A little salt and pepper up on there...yummy.

Sorry I could not put this into an ABC-CBA format like Herodotus does, but it would not fit.

ABCD-DBC has to fit.

yiostheoy how about limericks? what are those:
AABBA ?

Here's a pair for you, inspired by your two previous posts:

A feminist mathematician
Got fired from a tenured position.
She drew manifolds
Labelled "humanifolds,"
Upsetting the men of tradition.

A scholar of earth-based religion
Said: Baby, come join MY division!
To them, you are godless.
To me, you're a goddess!
I'll show you a REAL man's position....

Ha ha, enjoy!
AABBA-AABBA-ppbbfftt!!!!

religion-gods-afterlife-classicist-popes-zeus-74030744_low.jpg
Jupiter + Zeus = Jesus

^ Close Asclepias
Je = I
Zeus = God
It was an Anglicized version of Yeshua
that emphasized MAN being GOD. "I AM GOD"

This can be good or bad.
The BAD way is if one person tries to tyrannically dictate law and order,
play judge/jury/executioner, and claim divine right to rule by GOD.
We all know that is disastrous, and nobody agrees to be under such dictatorship/theocratic oppression.

The RIGHT way is if people completely open up and submit to a
consensus on what is the ultimate highest good for ALL humanity (ie voluntarily chosen by
free will and reason) NOT coercion or force of oppression, NOT dictated by one person or group, but agreed on universally by all.

Then that IS letting "God" work through us, and being "one" with God/humanity.
That IS the ideal in both Christianity and Buddhism to completely kill one's selfish material desire and will,
and only act and speak with perfect
Wisdom and Compassion (in Buddhist terms)
or "Truth with Love" (in Christian terms).

There is nothing wrong with THAT way of "being one with God"
where it is completely selfless and puts the good of all people first.

But if this is spun in any selfish way, which of course humans are
bound to do by our biased nature geared toward our own self-interest first,
THAT's what makes it corrupted (as in "I know God's will and don't have to answer to anyone else")
and turns it into religious dogma and tyranny when mixed with political power.

Sorry I could not put this into an ABC-CBA format like Herodotus does, but it would not fit.

ABCD-DBC has to fit.

AABBA ?

A feminist mathematician
She drew manifolds
Labelled "humanifolds,"

To me, you're a goddess!

Ha ha, enjoy!
AABBA-AABBA-ppbbfftt!!!!
Funny.

Not limericks.

The ABCD-DCBA is an ancient form of prose construction which begins with a statement A, then another one B, then C, then D, then restated and summarized them in the reverse order of D, C, B, A.

In Herodotus he uses this structure for his stories about historical figures.

Today we teach (in universities) a different model called A, B, C, A where A is the intro and the summary, B is the body, and C is the conclusion.

Which one do you think that you like? I mean some think money is god and others think they are god. Just curious what's your preference?

I kind of prefer no God to anyone described by the human condition thus far...
Well you cannot get around the distant, unconcerned Philosophy God of Modern Philosophy. He/She/It is required to face the First Cause argument of Aquinas. This is Deism.

Otherwise at the very least you go science / agnostic and say "I'll believe it when I see it". But Philosophy argues against this.

Or you can go Satanic / atheist and proclaim "There is no God."

You don't need to go full blown Theist with Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Catholicism, Islam, Eastern Orthodox, Shinto, Protestantism, or one of the modern cults like the Holy Rollers or the Mormons, etc.

The odds of any one of the three ancient Arab stories from earth that are driving our modern religion being the last Word on THE GOD of The UNIVERSE are slim, eh?

:dunno:
Arab? They came up with their story late in the game. The first creators of God were Africans.

True. But the three stories that dominate and drive the modern worship industry, The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an were all written in the Arab region of our world.

But even Ass-U-Me-ing God...
Alexander Solzhenitsyn said in his Harvard Address, "If, as claimed by humanism, man were born only to be happy, he would not be born to die. Since his body is doomed to death, his task on earth evidently must be more spiritual: not a total engrossment in everyday life, not the search for the best ways to obtain material goods and then their carefree consumption. It has to be the fulfillment of a permanent, earnest duty so that one's life journey may become above all an experience of moral growth: to leave life a better human being than one started it."

Do you think you know more than he does?

What if man wasn't born for any particular reason at all? :dunno: What if humanity is a complex chemical reaction played out over Time?

ABCD-DBC has to fit.

AABBA ?

A feminist mathematician
She drew manifolds
Labelled "humanifolds,"

To me, you're a goddess!

Ha ha, enjoy!
AABBA-AABBA-ppbbfftt!!!!
Funny.

Not limericks.

The ABCD-DCBA is an ancient form of prose construction which begins with a statement A, then another one B, then C, then D, then restated and summarized them in the reverse order of D, C, B, A.

In Herodotus he uses this structure for his stories about historical figures.

Today we teach (in universities) a different model called A, B, C, A where A is the intro and the summary, B is the body, and C is the conclusion.

Oh! I thought you meant rhyme schemes. yiostheoy
Duh! So stupid of me. Thanks for your informative clarification!

The odds of any one of the three ancient Arab stories from earth that are driving our modern religion being the last Word on THE GOD of The UNIVERSE are slim, eh?

Arab? They came up with their story late in the game. The first creators of God were Africans.

True. But the three stories that dominate and drive the modern worship industry, The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an were all written in the Arab region of our world.

???
Weren't there centers in the Middle East that were part of the "cradle
of civilization" and written history?

If our "arabic numbers" came from Arab culture,
are we going to say those can't be universal symbols?

I guess we should freak out if all humanity came from
prehumanoid ancestors from AFRICA. Wouldn't that
make us all AFRICAN descendants? is that a problem?

Alexander Solzhenitsyn said in his Harvard Address, "If, as claimed by humanism, man were born only to be happy, he would not be born to die. Since his body is doomed to death, his task on earth evidently must be more spiritual: not a total engrossment in everyday life, not the search for the best ways to obtain material goods and then their carefree consumption. It has to be the fulfillment of a permanent, earnest duty so that one's life journey may become above all an experience of moral growth: to leave life a better human being than one started it."

What if man wasn't born for any particular reason at all? :dunno: What if humanity is a complex chemical reaction played out over Time?

Sure it's possible AVG-JOE
that human personalities and individuals are just as random
as snowflakes or lilies in the field or birds in the trees, where
they don't make a difference and aren't unique but just exist in droves.

Fine.

But given the fact that we come out as
* musicians, artists, scientists, athletes, performers, designers, manual workers, technicians
* Asians, Africans, Native Americans, Latino, Caucasians
* Buddhists, Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Secular Humanists, Constitutionalists, etc.

Wouldn't we benefit from having an orderly system of organizing people
by their cultural and language identities?

So even if it is completely random how we turn out, what are our interests and purposes in life,
we would still need a system that isn't "just random" or haphazard to ORGANIZE
all these resources, talents and diversity of contributions so that
people DO maximize our effectiveness in whatever we do in life.
(regardless what we believe is behind it, or if we see no big plan but see it as random)

Right? Does it matter if we agree or disagree where or why we have these purposes
"as decided by and matters to each person"

Wouldn't we still all benefit from USING the systems we have chosen for our affiliations
to ORGANIZE us by like interests and language and culture, so we CAN work
efficiently in groups to achiever our personal goals in life NO MATTER
what they are or whether we believe they are "just random" or part of a greater plan.

???

I never meant to imply that religious stories were the only thing of value to come out of The Arab World.

And, if it makes a difference, I firmly BELIEVE that all of humanity descends from a family from Africa.

We live in a universe which has never had an uncaused event. Everything happens for a reason.

???

I never meant to imply that religious stories were the only thing of value to come out of The Arab World.

And, if it makes a difference, I firmly BELIEVE that all of humanity descends from a family from Africa.
Sure, where do you believe civilization began?

No such thing as the Arab region. Thats just what whites call it nowadays. That entire area all the way to India was called Ethiopia by the Greeks. Those places were inhabited by Africans. Arab refers to Arabia and they are just invaders that to this day suppress the native people of that region who are Black. If you ready your bible it clearly describes Black people unless you have blinders on.

Last edited:
This is an issue of philosophy.

And in philosophy there are half a dozen logical "proofs of God".

On the other hand, your assumption or presumption is considered in philosophy to be illogical because it is observed (1) nothing can come from nothing and (2) due to the half dozen "proof" these seem to be half a dozen good indicators that there is a God of some kind out there -- at least one.

Here is the wiki summary on it:

Five Ways (Aquinas) - Wikipedia

I read somewhere a study that suggests that the current variety of human genetics can be traced back to only a few thousand people scattered around the world 75,000 years ago after some sort of cataclysmic event that reduced worldwide populations of several hominid species from many millions.

Anyway, the point is that there is no one family to be traced back to. There was interbreeding with extinct hominids over millions of years. Its like saying all dogs can be traced back to one wolf pack.

Not true.

their ancestors were wolves but dingos,jackals, coyotes, foxes, etc., were also involved.

Some ancestors of modern humans were not human at all.

For instance, more than 8% of the human genome is a virus, a part of our own DNA, that has been descending through the human lineage affecting the evolution of the species for about 700,000 years.

The story of Adam is just a story of a more highly evolved form of intelligent life compassionately attempting to civilize educate and refine a person like Kaspar Hauser or Victor of Aveyron , without success.

Last edited:

I read somewhere a study that suggests that the current variety of human genetics can be traced back to only a few thousand people scattered around the world 75,000 years ago after some sort of cataclysmic event that reduced worldwide populations of several hominid species from many millions.

Anyway, the point is that there is no one family to be traced back to. There was interbreeding with extinct hominids over millions of years. Its like saying all dogs can be traced back to one wolf pack.

Not true.

their ancestors were wolves but dingos,jackals, coyotes, foxes, etc., were also involved.

For instance, more than 8% of the human genome is a virus, a part of our own DNA, that has been descending through the human lineage affecting the evolution of the species for about 700,000 years.

The story of Adam is just a story of a more highly evolved form of intelligent life compassionately attempting to civilize educate and refine a person like Kaspar Hauser or Victor of Aveyron , without success.
... got any links for all that ??

Not true.

... got any links for all that ??

How Human Beings Almost Vanished From Earth In 70,000 B.C.

" the technical term is 40 "breeding pairs" (children not included). More likely there was a drastic dip and then 5,000 to 10,000 bedraggled Homo sapiens struggled together in pitiful little clumps hunting and gathering for thousands of years until, in the late Stone Age, we humans began to recover. "

8 Percent of Human Genome Was Inserted By Virus, and May Cause Schizophrenia

Interesting that non human viral DNA within our own genome might affect thoughts in the mind, isn't it?

19 Pieces Of Non-Human DNA Found In Human Genome

"Significance: ...... By examining >2,500 sequenced genomes, we have discovered 19 previously unidentified HERV-K insertions, including an intact provirus without apparent substitutions that would alter viral function, only the second such provirus described. Our results provide a basis for future studies of HERV evolution and implication for disease."

Victor, the Wild Boy of Aveyron

Last edited:
Western Civilization says otherwise.

Western Civilization says otherwise.
LOL...Yeah well apparently western civilization knows nothing about how to comprehend the hidden teachings of ancient Hebrew fairy tales that use such complicated metaphors as trees whose fruit is pleasing to the eye and good to eat, the forbidden fruit, clean and unclean, angels and demons, and gullible unsophisticated people who do not think very deeply being deceived in very subtle ways by talking serpents..

Heck, you could be the star of a new fairy tale!

Once upon a millisecond before the old world came to a sudden and abrupt end, there was a slug of distinguished pretensions named Ding who thought that he had found safety living in a crevice among the rocks and caves with every other foul and loathsome creature that nested in dark and dingy places . He was an odd fellow who loved to cover himself with rancid slime and filth and ask the all the other creepy creatures there if they liked his fancy new perfume.......

Last edited:

Forum List

Back