I like Romney by GOP standards, but I love Paul by American standards

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
There are huge differences between Obama and Romney. And Romney is a great candidate by the GOP's low standards. And I'm excited for the election. But before we move on to that great fight, I think it is worth lamenting Paul not being the nomination.

A lot of Republicans believe things in principle but not in practice. We rail against social security, the police state, gross spending, the loss of personal liberties, government abuse, high health costs, the welfare state, the lack of Constitutional constraint, earmarks, unaccountability, political rhetoric, etc. But how much are we willing to do about it? Not put our full belief in the Constitution; that's for sure.

Here comes Paul. He says yea, all of this is ridiculous and unAmerican. Here's a guy that has been consistent for years. He has no political baggage. He's a great family man and he fights for everyone's Constitutional right. He fights to resuscitate the Constitution and bring us back to greatness.

But Republicans show that they can't put their money where their mouths are. They are just too worried about a little burn for greatness. They're afraid to vote for a guy that is willing to get away from the evil status quo.

Republicans are like frogs in boiling water. They know what's right, but they're comfortable in the boiling water and they're accepting their slow death w/o action.

Forum List

Back