I like old trucks.

Grumpyolman

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2018
San Diego
image.jpg

My 1965 Chevy C10. Runs great. Most of the time. :laugh:

The question is, why do you like old trucks. In every measurable way, they were junk. Slow, underpowered, unreliable, inefficient, prone to rust, ugly. Not to mention what they do to your "carbon footprint."

The question is, why do you like old trucks. In every measurable way, they were junk. Slow, underpowered, unreliable, inefficient, prone to rust, ugly. Not to mention what they do to your "carbon footprint."

LOL. The truck is equipped with an in-line six cylinder engine that develops 155 horsepower and 235 foot pounds of torque. It was built in the 60's so it's freeway capable. It has no electronics except for the AM radio and only one emission control. Carbon footprint.....hahaha. :laugh2:

The question is, why do you like old trucks.

What better way to drive down memory lane than in a 1965, 1/2 ton, Step side bed, 283 cu. in. V8, 3 speed transmission on the "tree"... And "wing windows"

Life was good and I sure didn't worry about a carbon footprint...

Nice truck! I like old trucks too. I like old cars as well. Damn things were like tanks back in my day. Folks got the hell outta the way! Now? Tin. Or plastic. Not safe at all.

I loved my last truck...one of Ford's best efforts (1979 F-350 4x4) with one of the best engines (5.9 Cummins) ever installed in a truck. But it was way too nice to be a work truck.

New trucks are crap. They fall apart if you really try to work outta them.

Now you are making me apologize for you as you are from Pittsburgh.

Sorry about this one guys. I am guessing he is a transplant?

Nice truck

Forum List

Back