i like obama more now than before.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by washamericom, Feb 20, 2011.

1. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    i tried hard to like him at first, but i couldn't get past the condescention or his policy.
    now (all of the sudden) i like him more. i think his interface with iran (this time) is spot on, his comments timely and appropriate.
    so that's a big thing. i think he learned from iran's june 09 revolt, and he is getting a second chance, i hope iran becomes free.
    overall, i think he is changing with the job, so he may turn out to be a pretty good president. whether christie runs or not, he will hold the president to a high standard of logic and pragmatism, in the upcoming election

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    It would be helpful if you provided a link to said comments, so that the rest of us could actually agree with him about something.

3. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    credit is due , maybe he is getting better advice

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  4. Shoobis1

Shoobis1 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I agree, President Obama has been doing a better job since the recent elections. I still won't say I'm impressed with him, but I'm a little less annoyed.

5. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    Hmm.
    Economic policy--fail.
    Foreign policy--fail.
    Budget--fail.

He has learned nothing. The rhetoric on anything does not match the action. He is a world-class incompetent way over his head, surrounded by equal incompetents.

6. GStarz

GStarz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Oh please, he's just pretending to move to the center the way Clinton did because he realized his influence could lose elections for democrats rather than win them, as November 2010 proved, when the more he campaigned for a candidate, the lower their polls sunk.

At this point after watching this Marxist jerk for 2 years, I would need Jesus Christ himself to come down from the heavens and confirm if anything Obama said was true or not. Obama said health care debates would be held on c-span - they were held behind closed doors and crafted in secret and rammed down America's throat on Christmas eve (talk about insult upon - literal - injury!). Obama said unemployment would not go up, and after trillions of dollars in spending to create jobs, none were created and the nation faces bankruptcy because of that spending. Obama said he would restore the world's faith in America, and then proceed to bow to Saudi princes, inappropriately touch the Queen of England and a million other things to the point that newspapers from Australia to Russia write columns every day laughing at us for having Obama as our so-called president. And he said he would have the most open administration in history, and continues to fight lawsuits so as to keep his long form birth certificate - that would confirm his very eligibility to hold office - secret as public court records confirm (no conspiracy theory there, so know it), even with liberals like Huffington post, Chris Matthews, Mother Jones news, Lynn Samuels and other liberals now calling for him to release those records.

He postures a bit to look moderate? No way. Not good enough, my friend. Not even remotely close. Obama is bad news. Period.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,159
    So he mouths a few sympathetic words to make himself look good to the West....but he also said that America cannot dictate what happens....in other words he is not going to do anything to really influence what happens...he's not really going to do anything to help prevent he well-organized Brotherhood to step into power everywhere...

Basically BO is all empty talk and no action...he has allowed Iran to continue to build up uranium and take over Lebanon...

And if you think Obama is so damn "pro-democracy" then why does he never do anything pro-Israel...?

8. GStarz

GStarz Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hey, is this "Screaming eagle" from the old "Resistnet?" - or was it one of the others?

9. Grace

Grace BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +742
    I am the reverse. I liked him while he ran for office and gave him the benefit of the doubts I tried to ignore. But now? I am not impressed. I don't think he is a bad person. I just don't think he was prepared...and still isn't.

10. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    i think you guys are missing the big picture. he's not stupid any more than palin or biden. since we are human beings we grow through experience. i think he is bright and capable and i'd like to see him succeed. you must admit his treatment of iran now is better.
    losing pelosi was a gift to all of us, and i think if O straightens out his fiscal bent, he has potential. he has kept many of bush's policies in tact. he will probably be a two termer, so...
    chris matthews is the bottomfeeder...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1